Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-23-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
stardreamer
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Question Kiani regular base situation

I propose this thread, specifically about resistance problems on the base of the regular kiani, based on the new evidence and photos shown by heykool69.

The purpose is to try to have a "more complete picture" on this situation, as some people appear to have problems with their statue while for others everything seems to be fine.

What I suggest is that anyone owning a regular Kiani (no Lava please!) posts here the serial number of the statue, if there is a problem or not, for how long the statue is displayed, and, as it seems temperature related, an estimation of the maximum temperature seen by the statue.
Please do post, even if you don't have any problem with your statue, it will help to understand what happens.
This may also help the people at Aspen in their own investigations.

My statue is N° 696, displayed since april 2008, maximum temperature seen last summer 30°C in the room, no problem so far, no leaning or deformation.

Thanks.
stardreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I think It would help everyone if Pictures are posted.

Also you have to keep in mind that every statue when taken out of the box might already look different depending if they were in a hot area while stored. Mine has shiffted a bit since I first got her a year ago but has remained consistant for the las 6 months (that's when I first noticed) I dont think there is one set of pictures showing what she should look like when place correctly. That's just my oppinion.

Aspen is already doing alot to take care of the Lava version but since the "Regular" edition haven't had many problems they might not do anything about it and consider it an anomoly.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

We had quite a cold weather lately in So Cal, and Kiani still fell. I don't know if Aspen will recall/modify the base if not enough people are in the same situation. But it sucks to pay for a $350 statue to be sitting back in its' box.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
benhernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykool69 View Post
We had quite a cold weather lately in So Cal, and Kiani still fell. I don't know if Aspen will recall/modify the base if not enough people are in the same situation. But it sucks to pay for a $350 statue to be sitting back in its' box.
Was she placed correctly on the base?, mine almost sliped but I realized I hadn't set her on the base correctly.

I just saw your pictures. I admit that at least every two months I go fix the "V" that holds her calf with a a dryer. Just to make sure it holds it in place.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #5
heykool69

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
Was she placed correctly on the base?, mine almost sliped but I realized I hadn't set her on the base correctly.

I just saw your pictures. I admit that at least every two months I go fix the "V" that holds her calf with a a dryer. Just to make sure it holds it in place.
oh yeah, mine was set right. I even went the extra mile of securing between her calve & the splash with those clear sticky gel that holds the credit card when they sends you the credit card.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #6
benhernandez

Damn that Sucks. My regular is in the loft on third floor where all the heat collects, But I havent seen that much of a shift on her. What # is yours?

I was thinking if I could make a base out of the Glass that looks as good as the original I woud totally do it.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #7
heykool69

I had #76 and had been displaying her since it was release.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #8
stardreamer
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

What I do is to check the following :
First, the position in height of the end of the sword (on my statue it remains at 287 mm from the level of the shelf),
Second, the smallest distance between kiani's hair and the highest splash from the base (17 mm on my statue).
In the beginning, when I heard of the Lava problem, I checked every 2 days. Now, as nothing moves, I just verify once a month.

These values can of course change significantly from one statue to another (on some statues, the hair seems to touch the splash), but on one given statue, they should not vary much in time if the base holds.
Just note there can be some little variations (2 or 3mm) due to the fact that there is some play between the statue and its base, same for the arm.

If you observe a consistent evolution of these distances (the first decreasing, while the second increases), then there may indeed be a problem. If the measured distances don't change, I think the statue will remain OK.
stardreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
risingstar
Jedi Order

I've displayed mine since Jan, 2008.
I have no problems to report.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:37 PM   #10
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

I've yet to have any problems with mine.

But may I suggest just a small piece of museum puddy behind the calf if need be!
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote