Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

Exclamation Kiani Lava Edition - Base Problem Resolution Thread

All,

Well, it certainly took us a while to get this situation worked out, and I really appreciate everyone's patience in the matter, but I'm happy to say a resolution has been settled upon.

In regards to the faulty bases on the long awaited Kiani Lava Edition statue, EVERYONE who has purchased the statue will be receiving a completely brand new base. No cost to you. No shipping back of parts. Honestly, not much of anything is required on your end except being a bit more patient while the bases are being made and shipped.

The factory that produces our statues is in the process of making all 300 new bases, obviously to much more stringent and customer happy guidelines. We're being fast-tracked as much as possible for these to get done, but the factory is on the tail end of their holiday production schedule. We're told it should only be a few weeks before they're all done, tested, and on the boat for the US. From there, the bases will still need to clear customs (another week or so), reach our Aspenstore in Ohio, and then get shipped out to all of you. Piece of cake.

Now to hopefully preempt some of your questions...

Timing - As mentioned above, all I have is rough estimates of everything at the moment. Phillip worked wonders in China just to make this happen for us and you, so I don't have an exact arrival date on anything yet. Once the new bases are fully completed and on the way, I'll certainly keep everyone posted. As well, I'll make sure to update on their arrival in the US, at our store, etc. When I know the info, you will too.

Costs - As mentioned in previous threads, there was absolutely no way for us to know this problem was even going to happen. All of us at Aspen know each of you paid your hard earned money to obtain one of these beautiful statues, and we wanted to make good to you on this unforeseen occurrence. So, we'll of course be taking care of all of the shipping expenses and such in order to get your new base out to your front door. Like I said, the only cost to you is being patient a little longer until they arrive.

Old bases - Are yours to keep and do with as you please. Dispose of it, keep it, paint it, whatever your heart desires. Just please don't ask where to send it back to or anything like that. We don't want them back either.

Place of Purchase - I believe almost everyone bought their Kiani Lava Edition through our store, but if you didn't, no problem. We'll still send you a new base. In that situation, just go ahead and email Chris at our Aspenstore and let him know. He'll be taking care of all of the replacements and getting them out to everyone. With that said...

Chris - Has done a fantastic job running our store and dealing with everything that has gone on with this statue. He honestly receives a couple of hundred emails a day, so please don't get upset with him if there's a small delay in a response back to you. He will make sure to reply back to everyone in regards to the Lava situation, so if you have a specific question for him, please shoot it over. If it's a general question that can be answered here, post it up and I'll get back to you.

Statue Numbers - Yes, you will of course be receiving the same numbered base as what you already have. Chris has all of the initial requests that we received in on file so he'll be going off of that. If you're worried about not receiving the same number, just shoot him a reminder email that he can keep on file for when the new bases ship. As well, PLEASE don't request changes or swapping out numbers or anything like that. Our store will be busy enough taking care of all of the replacements, and adding to it like that would be very counter-productive. Thanks for your understanding.

New Purchases - If you recently bought a Kiani Lava Edition statue, you probably haven't received it yet. Chris was holding off on shipping them until we found out what the resolution for the bases was going to be. Now that we know, you have two options. Chris will either continue to hold your order until the new bases come in and then replace the faulty base with the new one...then ship your order. Or, you can receive the statue with the faulty base now, and then just wait until your new base arrives and we'll ship that out to you as well. We would hope you go with the first option to help us save on shipping, but it's your statue so just let us know. Chris said there were only a handful of people waiting, so please just let us know.

**Please note: Any new orders received in for the Kiani Lava Edition statue from this point on will NOT be shipped out until the new bases arrive and we can swap them out for the good ones.**

Misc. Stuff - Obviously if something is up, you've moved, gave the statue as a gift to someone else, etc., just let us know and we'll be more than happy to deal with those types of things. As mentioned, Chris will be taking care of getting all of these new bases out once they arrive. If you have a unique situation, just let him know. We're here to make this as smooth as possible for everyone (us included), so any help of that sort you can provide is much appreciated.

For those that don't have it or couldn't find Chris' email address on our store, here you go - chris@aspenstore.com

Well, I hope this about covers everything. If there's something I missed, just let me know. I'll be checking in as often as I can, so just post your questions/comments and I'll get back to you soon.

I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone for your patience and understanding while we got this problem worked out. As I said, it certainly was unexpected, but I'm glad we were able to get everything worked out to our best ability. We really do appreciate all of your support and hope to keep providing you with many more great statues for years to come. Thanks!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:02 PM   #2
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

That's AWSOME news!
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Frank,

I'm speechless. Thank you and thanks to everyone at Aspen who worked so hard for a resolution to this. I love this statue and look forward to receiving the new base.

Chris V
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
animatedUKfan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Thanks Frank, I new you guys would work something out, I have always found your customer service to be exemplary and look forward to receiving the new base.

The Kiani statues are too beautiful not to be perfect.

I assume the new base will be marked as zero value on the customs form so as not to attract a customs fee and delay when it arrives in the UK?
animatedUKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
Mihoshi
Doh!

Excellent.

Thanks to everyone who worked their behinds off to get this done.
Mihoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
Emeraldspecter
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I am more than ecstatic about this news.... It goes to show that the Aspen company is serious about customer satisfaction. How it totally put my whole faith back in Aspen. Kudos indeed.

And once I get my new base, the more I am in full-circle appreciation.
Emeraldspecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #7
nerdbane
A day without sunshine is like... night.

That's great news! Thanks for the post and the amazingly generous handling for everybody no matter how they came by their statue.

A couple of questions:

1) Will the on/off switch still be on the bottom?
2) Just wondering what will be different about the new bases.
A: Different resin forumlation?
B: Different design?
C: All of the above?

Thanks in advance for the info.
nerdbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Frank,

All I can say is you and the Aspen Crew are the BOMB!

Can I get a WOOP WOOP for Frank the Tank?
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

this fantastic news!..and i cant beleave the lengths you have gone to get this problem solved.

A hole new base!?..simply amazing customer service

its great also that i will be able to display lava kiani knowing she will be safe from falling.

you guys over there are the best
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
ThanosRules
Death is hereditary.

Frank, that is far and above what I was expecting. I can't tell you how happy and appreciative I am of how you're all handling this.

You & Chris have been extremely helpful to me. I have to say you guys & Aspen are a class act. Thank you for taking care of this, especially with everything you've all had to deal with. I'm still very sad and sorry about Michael's passing, but it looks like Aspen is in very very good hands.

Thank you again for what you're doing.
ThanosRules is offline   Reply With Quote