Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

View Poll Results: Which of these two is the best Elektra statue?
Sideshow 59 47.58%
Bowen Designs 65 52.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #1
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Bowen Elektra vs. Sideshow Elektra

Some might think it doesn't make sense comparing these 2 statues because of the difference in scale and formats, but I'm hoping we can get some discussion out of this comparison. (Besides, it's only fair to include Sideshow in these polls)

Which of these two is the best Elektra statue?

carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
carrillj

Old 04-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
rychehitman
Galactus

Bowen
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #4
Nightcrawler777
spooky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
Bowen
Yea what he said...
Nightcrawler777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

In my opinion the Sideshow sculpt blows away the bowen sculpt. Elektra should look way hotter than the Bowen version...

Devils advocate in me says that alot of why I feel sideshow's Elektra is better is because it is years later, the ante has been upped for quality, scale allows more detail and such. I absolutely love the sideshow sculpt and the only thing I would think could improve it is not paint the teeth with so much gum space between.

Sideshow has produced a top notch piece whereas personally I feel the Bowen piece, while a decent piece, for me falls way short for something I was looking forward to so much when I heard one was coming out.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #6
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i dont like the rooted hair on the sideshow but yu can lift her rear flap and see the padunkadunk so it has that going for it but i prefer the bowen
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #7
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Bowen's is the most unattractive sculpt in history. Well almost. Sideshows is awesome and I have both. The Bowen Elektra's face and paint seam between face and hair is dreadful. Compare that with the Bowen Black Widow which is stunning IMO.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #8
carrillj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59
In my opinion the Sideshow sculpt blows away the bowen sculpt. Elektra should look way hotter than the Bowen version...

Devils advocate in me says that alot of why I feel sideshow's Elektra is better is because it is years later, the ante has been upped for quality, scale allows more detail and such. I absolutely love the sideshow sculpt and the only thing I would think could improve it is not paint the teeth with so much gum space between.

Sideshow has produced a top notch piece whereas personally I feel the Bowen piece, while a decent piece, for me falls way short for something I was looking forward to so much when I heard one was coming out.
I agree. The Bowen statue although good, fell short in the good looks dept. She really doesn't have a pretty face like what was pictured in the promo pictures.

The Sideshow Elektra is just an incredible statue. It really is much better (in my opinion) than the Bowen statue.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #9
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj
I agree. The Bowen statue although good, fell short in the good looks dept. She really doesn't have a pretty face like what was pictured in the promo pictures.

The Sideshow Elektra is just an incredible statue. It really is much better (in my opinion) than the Bowen statue.
Yeah I remember being excited about the Bowen piece when it was announced because his daredevil was and probably still is my favorite pieces from Bowen. The widow looked great too and then I saw the Elektra and in my opinion Bucky catches too much flak while this one doesn't get enough. I know that's harsh and no disrespect meant of course, but Greek women everywhere are not happy with this representation of one of their own.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:38 PM   #10
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

I have to go with Sideshow. I have it (the White exclusive version) and love it. It's a real eye-grabber of a piece.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote