Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
thecomichounds
Frackin!

KIANI FAUX BRONZE STATUE UPDATES

THIS WAS BORDERLINE REDICULOUS, NOW IT HAS BECOME A FULL ON BLOW OFF BY ALL PARTIES INVOLVED WITH THIS PROJECT. ITS BEEN 3 YEARS OR LONGER WAITING ON THIS. ARE YOU SERIOUS? ASPEN ACTS LIKE "WE ARE WORKING ON IT" AND, NO DISRESPECT TO STATUEFORUM, ACT LIKE ITS ALL AN ASPEN ISSUE, BUT SF TOOK MY DEPOSIT. I AM STILL COOL ABOUT WAITING, BUT LETS GET THIS FIXED FOR PEOPLE 4-10. SOMEBODY HAD TO SAY SOMETHING. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
thecomichounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

Comicshound,

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. The long delay of receiving in replacement bases finally ended earlier this year. That was the part we at Aspen were responsible for because we needed the new product to provide Statueforum in order to get the faux bronze statues created. Now that the replacement bases have been completed, it's up to the guys at Statueforum to decide how they're going to proceed. My deepest apologies for not having any more info for you beyond that.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #3
RRpilot
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecomichounds View Post
THIS WAS BORDERLINE REDICULOUS, NOW IT HAS BECOME A FULL ON BLOW OFF BY ALL PARTIES INVOLVED WITH THIS PROJECT. ITS BEEN 3 YEARS OR LONGER WAITING ON THIS. ARE YOU SERIOUS? ASPEN ACTS LIKE "WE ARE WORKING ON IT" AND, NO DISRESPECT TO STATUEFORUM, ACT LIKE ITS ALL AN ASPEN ISSUE, BUT SF TOOK MY DEPOSIT. I AM STILL COOL ABOUT WAITING, BUT LETS GET THIS FIXED FOR PEOPLE 4-10. SOMEBODY HAD TO SAY SOMETHING. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
I have brought it up a few times and yes this has drug on for ever we all paid a high price for this piece and deserve better. WE are the customer too so when others that are actually doing the job say its delayed because of other commitments is quite frankly disrespectful to all the customers who paid in good faith. And Aspen should turn up the screws an not say it is out of our hands as we did our part. Either Aspen or SF or both should give us all something for our suffering.
RRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:32 AM   #4
Phillip
Producer
Producer

Hi All,

Sorry this has been such an ordeal for the people that have bought the Bronze statues. Frustrating to say the least.

I have spent many hours on the phone regarding this issue with the people that are the ultimate decision makers, and that is not Aspen.

Aspen in this regard was simply the supplier. A supplier that had a huge problem to fix and did. The replacement bases for the Bronze statues arrived at the same time as the other replacement bases. The bases are in the Aspen warehouse.

Aspen has also presented all the options they are capable of giving. After my last phone call my understanding was more discussions were going to happen regarding this issue and once a decision was made they would be in touch with Aspen to let them know the outcome. They would let Aspen know which option or path they were going to take regarding this issue.

Aspen has done all they can do. Aspen is also waiting to hear what was decided.

I hope this is resolved soon.

Thanks,

Phillip
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Phillip told me to stay out of this since I had nothing to do with the deal in the beginning, so there's nothing I can do.

Perhaps folks should ask Aspen why they're holding the bases in their warehouse instead of getting them to Danno??
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
Danno
Paint Master
Producer

I accept a large part of the blame as I truly did not
think my schedule would get to a point where I would
not be able to turn these out in a timely fashion.

What I was told last was that Comic Statues was going
to find a replacement painter to complete the project
once the replacement bases were delivered so that
it could be finished off.

http://www.picturetrail.com/dannodaman
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecomichounds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
Comicshound,

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. The long delay of receiving in replacement bases finally ended earlier this year. That was the part we at Aspen were responsible for because we needed the new product to provide Statueforum in order to get the faux bronze statues created. Now that the replacement bases have been completed, it's up to the guys at Statueforum to decide how they're going to proceed. My deepest apologies for not having any more info for you beyond that.
Just a clarification. This is with comicstatues.com not Statueforum.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I accept a large part of the blame as I truly did not
think my schedule would get to a point where I would
not be able to turn these out in a timely fashion.

What I was told last was that Comic Statues was going
to find a replacement painter to complete the project
once the replacement bases were delivered so that
it could be finished off.

Not at all meaning to minimize the second unknown painter's contribution, however, I wonder if having you personally paint the statues was considered an additional incentive for some to buy it. Honestly, is there a painter on this forum more reknowned for his tremendous painting skills than yourself? Your work is outstanding.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
Phillip
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Phillip told me to stay out of this since I had nothing to do with the deal in the beginning, so there's nothing I can do.

Perhaps folks should ask Aspen why they're holding the bases in their warehouse instead of getting them to Danno??
Hi Drew,

You told me you had nothing to do with this. I always assumed you were. When you told me you were not then I asked you why we were having our conversation. You should really be asking the people that would decide. I was not that person. I would not be deciding what happened or Aspen. You said you were involved because you cared. I said that was great!! But our conversation was still not resolving anything since neither of us had the ability to resolve it.

The options were as I know it:

1 - Proceed with the project with Dan and working with his schedule.

2 - Proceed without Dan and find a different painter.

3 - Aspen gives a refund for what was paid to Aspen when the Forum bought them from Aspen.

This was my understanding after my last conversation. So the bases have been sitting in the Aspen warehouse waiting for the decision. But this was not Aspen decision to make. Aspen has been waiting the outcome. All parties had good intentions regarding this project and it is just too bad the bases had the problem and needed to be fixed. Something no one had any control over.

Drew we are simply waiting to see if the bases ship to Dan, another painter or the project is cancelled. If the project cancelled it would be a waste to ship them to Dan.

So at this point Aspen is still waiting for that phone call telling them what was decided.

Risingstar, You are probably 100% correct.

Thanks,

Phillip
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #10
thecomichounds
Frackin!

I'm confused. So Aspen has the bases and the parts that are ready to be painted, but Danno is too busy to paint 7 statues due to a busy schedule and the base issue. And whoever is the decisionmaker is not communicating with Aspen to move this project forward. Great.
thecomichounds is offline   Reply With Quote