Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
bullethole
The Avengers

To sellers on Ebay ....

I'm sorry if this is off topic . If this gets deleted , I'll understand . I know many of you guys sell statues on Ebay like me. If I can save one person some stress then it's worth it .
I have been on Ebay 7 years with over 700 positive feedbacks with no negatives . I recently sold a slightly Ipod touch to a kid using "Buy it Now". He recieved the item and contacted Paypal right away before even contacting me . He stated the item had scratches all over it and he couldn't load apps on it . I knew this was a lie because I took really good care of it ,tested it thoroughly and packed it well. Paypal froze my money, and told him his payment will be refunded upon my reciept of my item .
What I got back in the mail was a chewed up plastic Nintendo Wii controller cover wrapped in bubble wrap. I called Paypal and informed them of this fraud ,and they said they would email him to see why he did this . 4 days later they refunded all my money to him . I have never been burned like this . I started researching on various newsgroups ,Youtube ,etc. I found this to be more common than I ever thought . If you sell anything on Ebay and especially if you use Paypal,know that Paypal doesn't protect you at all . I consider myself lucky I'm only out $148, people have been robbed of thousands of dollars . I can't even leave honest negative feedback on this guy .
bullethole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

yeah that's bull it's like the seller isn't fully protected at all...I've had some bad run ins with paypal over seller protection..it's like paypal takes the side of whoever calls frist most of the time
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This is a MAJOR problem with Ebay for sellers. I feel Ebay MUST bring back the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback. This will help but there will ALWAYS be scammers on Ebay unfortunately.
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
darren1228
Zot

What a worthless piece of xxxx.....hope he gets what's coming to him. You have his address....maybe call the local police or something? Things like this just piss me off. Incredible how paypal almost always takes the side of the buyer. Hope everything works out for you.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
jbinny
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I suggest hunting him down and breaking his legs.
jbinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
bullethole
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinny View Post
I suggest hunting him down and breaking his legs.
LOL ! My thoughts exactly .It would suck that I would to end up on the local news or The Nancy Grace show over a used Ipod though .
Old 05-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #7
jbinny
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullethole View Post
LOL ! My thoughts exactly .It would suck that I would to end up on the local news or The Nancy Grace show over a used Ipod though .
On the bright side, he'd think twice before pulling that crap again.
jbinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #8
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

What's the assholes ebay id?
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
bullethole
The Avengers

xcrazyxkidx
Old 05-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #10
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Years ago I went through something like this as a buyer. The guy refused to send the item after I paid him in full and kept putting me off. I contacted the local police and the officer was very helpful. He went to the persons home and told him to send me my money back. I got a prompt refund. The police are awsome!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote