Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-29-2014, 12:29 AM   #661
thx217
Ultimates

Damn. Sorry to see that. Hopefully the replacement will come in one piece.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:21 AM   #662
Luminous
Cyclops

This one now has a "Waitlist" status.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #663
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

oh yeah? went from sold out to wait list huh?

man id like to know why is it that SS cant keep track of all of their items they have? how many they have in their warehouse. a system that keeps track of every single one. is it the system? they should be able to with the right system one would think.
could it be that they had some returns that were not damaged? had more come in a shipment? even still you would think they would know exactly what they have. where they went where they are coming from.
just find it odd that things sell out and then they pop back up on a wait list and that they mysteriously find some in their warehouse that they were unaware of that they had.
i dont get it.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #664
DasFoster
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think it "switched" to WL status around the same time Mythos Vader became available...well, available again. I just started collecting and I'm a huge fan of the Wars so, these being resold by SSC is awesome. Especially considering how much it cost to buy these from a secondary seller (and all the risks that entails). That being said, I totally get why people have issues with this kind of thing happening. I'm just stoked to have the opportunity to own one of these!

DasFoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #665
Mascarade
A day without sunshine is like... night.

its been showing as waitlist to me since atleast feb
Mascarade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #666
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

oh i dont care that they are selling them again. im glad others have a chance to get one. my point is. why say something is sold out when its not. and if they dont know if it is sold out then there is a problem with their system. unless of course they do know and only say they are sold out of what they have on hand at the time being. but even still. why say they are sold out when they could easily just put it back to PO or wait list until the others they have coming arrive. plus i dont understand how they can loos track of statues that are in their warehouse that they mysteriously find. i just think with a company as big as they are and the amount of items they have on hand they would have a better logistic system to keep track of everything.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #667
Luminous
Cyclops

I wasn't aware it was ever "sold out". I only pointed out the waitlist because I thought it was the first time it hit that status.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #668
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

They are not losing track of these, they never made the full run. My guess is they didn't have enough orders to justify the final few hundred on the set ES so the cut it short. Only then the WL fills up, so they get enough interest to finish the run. Mythos had kind if a slow burn start, hence why Obi, Vader and maybe Fett didn't have a full run initially.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #669
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
It's so just so weird to know that SS doesn't even open the box once it arrives from overseas for a quick look over. They just assume QA inspections were accomplished and everything is good to go. Assumptions are the mother of all ---- ups.

It would be nice if they could do this, I suspect Sideshow would like to do this but it likely comes down to man power and time. While it isn't related, I asked Alex a while back why the position you place your order isn't reflected in the item number you receive, I.E I must have been one of the very first to order the Big Chap LSB, I wanted that thing so much for 6 months that I sat waiting for the pre order so I wouldn't miss it.... I almost ordered it before they got it up on the website but that probably wont stop me receiving item number 749 or whatever. Basically the answer was that due to the sheer volume of items that ship out of the warehouse, this wouldn't be feasible. I still think it would be great if they could figure out how to do that for us but the point is if they don't have time to sort the boxes by number, they definitely wouldn't have the time to open, inspect and repackage every item prior to shipping.

I'm with you, I'd be happier knowing these things had been inspected internally, but that may be the reason ultimately, time is money.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:21 AM   #670
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

After being on "checking inventory" this one is back on waitlist. I jumped on it, just in case.
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote