Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-14-2014, 09:35 AM   #651
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
not sure how the mythos can be considered from ANH?
its not necessarily from ANH. but its design and looks are clearly derived from the ANH Vader. reason being is the Widows peak of the helmet wiwhc is excluve to the ANH version Vader. and even more so the C or L scar thats on his right wearers cheek. which was exclusively on an ANH Vader helmet. plus the horizontal ribs of the gloves are exclusive to ANH Vader as well.. plus the chest box is in an ANH style with the exception of its color design of the switches. its color design is in the EPS3 where one of the lower switches is red instead of white like it was in ANH. but they put it on the far right (his left) when it should have been on the far left (his right). but the EPS3 ROTS chest box was designed after the ANH version.
so this Vader would be a representation of what Vader would look like just before ANH. kind of like an in-between of EPS3 ROTS and EPS4 ANH.
but his mains looks are most definitely ANH.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #652
ambasah
Red Skull

I have so much to learn!

it would be very cool if SS gave us a museum ANH vader.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #653
Igo
Producer
Producer

What Dynamic said… we designed him to be right before ANH, right after Force Unleashed. So we used the ANH costume as the main reference, I think a cpl tiny things mightve been tweaked.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #654
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I have so much to learn!

it would be very cool if SS gave us a museum ANH vader.
indeed it would be cool. but further and foremost. one that is film accurate in proportions and design.
there has yet to be a film accurate ANH Vader to be done. but the Mythos comes pretty close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
What Dynamic said… we designed him to be right before ANH, right after Force Unleashed. So we used the ANH costume as the main reference, I think a cpl tiny things mightve been tweaked.
and for this, i thank you.
Vader (his helmet) is probably the most difficult character to replicate accurately as far as what was seen on film. especially the ANH version.
i do hope that at some point you people do a film accurate version as i mentioned above in PF form. even if its one of the other Vaders from the other films. it really comes down to film accuracy.
i know you guys can do it.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #655
law1349
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Nooooooo! Boba's waitlisted now. I was just going to order him today and I had to get on the waitlist. Think there's any hope of it converting? I knew I should have went ahead and bought it last week.
law1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #656
FROBAY
Phoenix

Just received my broken POS today. I'm tired of it. I just asked for a refund.

I didn't even bother checking the rest of the statue pieces.

Last edited by FROBAY; 01-28-2014 at 10:16 PM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #657
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow! That is awful. Hard to stay optimistic collecting Sideshow product when this kind of stuff seems to be more the norm than the exception now.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #658
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Sorry to see that and see you at your boiling point, Frobay. Sucks. There's so much foam to protect those pieces. It's really hard to imagine how they could break. That would take a serious drop, throw, or mishandling for something that seems so protected between Cali and wherever you're located.

It's so just so weird to know that SS doesn't even open the box once it arrives from overseas for a quick look over. They just assume QA inspections were accomplished and everything is good to go. Assumptions are the mother of all ---- ups.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:35 PM   #659
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Sorry to see that and see you at your boiling point, Frobay. Sucks. There's so much foam to protect those pieces. It's really hard to imagine how they could break. That would take a serious drop, throw, or mishandling for something that seems so protected between Cali and wherever you're located.

It's so just so weird to know that SS doesn't even open the box once it arrives from overseas for a quick look over. They just assume QA inspections were accomplished and everything is good to go. Assumptions are the mother of all ---- ups.
The worst part is my Batman, they are looking for a replacement but no guarantee they find one. That's utter BS. People have waited over a year for this and not have a replacement is garbage BS. they need to just open a regular up and give out a replacement. I think this is owed to people that have preordered and waited for so long, same goes with any preorder. The excuse of no replacement is not good enough. Just my 2 cents.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #660
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

If the Obi-Wan Mythos is any indication, this will be sent right back out to a wait list customer with little or no repair work done.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote