Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #11
Vallos
Jubilee

Granted I don't have a clue as to how the contracts are handled with the various licences they have, but my guess is that they have some creative freedom of interpration that must meet approval from those respective companies. Someone at Marvel has to approve that Colossus face. Do you think that perhaps ego is involved in a lot of these things? Do you think Sideshow got too big for it's own good that they aren't listening to their customers/fans?
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #12
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Not only just feedback from collectors but I think Sideshow should give us more Feedback, for example instead of us just saying "what hell was Sideshow thinking on this sculpt" which would be our feedback I think they should tell us well this what we were trying to do , this is the direction we were trying to go in or "this is what the hell we were thinking at the time" Cause some of this stuff they released need some explaining!!!!
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #13
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

They definitely could benefit from interaction and feedback with the fans. It is hard to understand why they don't use that powerful free market research tool.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #14
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

If there was no pre-order / cancellation process the universal dislike for the Colossus Comiquette would probably have made them rethink it.

As it stands now they can see the pre-sales and waitlist figures and will know or not if there's enough people willing to get it as it is.

Bullseye probably had a small waitlist number on the Ex and low orders on the Reg so with the estimated cancellations they realised they had to change it.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #15
risingstar
Jedi Order

I think we're doing just fine. We buy what we like. We don't buy what we don't like. I get a sense that SS keeps an eye and ear out for what might sell. I don't think they need to be anywhere near as present as BD. The SS online chats may not be ideal but it still serves as a means to reach out to them should we have any questions.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:23 AM   #16
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Certainly changes were made to Bullseye. And for the better as I will now order. But while I do like the Hulk Comiquette it would have sold more pieces with a more traditional portrait. Same with Colossus. I had no problem with the pose or costume as I believe the PF will be classic. But the face is just so different from anything I have ever seen for this character. At lease have a proper COH with traditional Colossus head. The human face is just crazy IMO.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #17
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Rising I am not taking about character choice. SS had already previewed that portrait yet even though the feedback requested changes they did not budge. I am not asking for character choice feedback but feedback on the sculpt as its being sculpted.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #18
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

It may be beneficial to Sideshow to allow a percentage of fan base input. Though you can guarantee there will always be some who dislike the final outcome.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #19
Vallos
Jubilee

I think they do read these boards and take things into consideration. That would explain the eyebrow change for Psylocke. I agree that fan interaction can oversaturate the process, but like everything in life, moderation is key.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #20
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Absolutely. Fans have to realise that there are newer versions of the character they grew up reading and that there is a market for those versions. That is not in question.