Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #31
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
When will people ever learn that change for changes sake is never a good idea...
exactly

this was my problem with the black ultimate spidey
and my problem with this
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #32
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
My guess is that both dc and marvel are using this whole same-sex political issue that's happening to sell books.

Man, am I glad there are independent comic companies out there that have fresh ideas for stories.
I agree,
Indy comics are the only thing in the industry that is actually thriving right now
Old 05-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #33
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
exactly

this was my problem with the black ultimate spidey
and my problem with this
i think a better comparrison is Black-Fury, at least biracial Spidey is a new person all together and not just Pete with a new coat of paint
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #34
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
I agree,
Indy comics are the only thing in the industry that is actually thriving right now
Indeed. That's the only thing that's kept me reading comics.... and I'm talking non-superhero titles.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #35
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

What is keeps me going is The Walking Dead, the new Love and Rocket stories, anything that Fantagraphics publishes, and back issues that are being published in hardcover, omnibus format or black and white (DC Showcase and some Essential Marvel titles).

With the some of the "new 52" and whatever the hell is going in Marvel, I'm taking a back seat and observing.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #36
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i think a better comparrison is Black-Fury, at least biracial Spidey is a new person all together and not just Pete with a new coat of paint
yes good point

I do find the idea of randomly changing Nick Fury stupid but I also think Black fury works because he embodies Samuel L Jacksons personality and appearance. Sam Jacksons movie persona is the same as Nick Fury so they decided to mesh the two, so I see it as having a legitimate purpose. However the Ultimates universe is its own universe so maybe he should have just stayed in that universe. If that makes any sense

With Spidey you can tell they killed him and paved the way purposely just to introduce their agenda.

Now all of a sudden some character in the DC universe is going to become gay

I'm all for Batwoman I think it works and makes her who she is. But this is just "utterly gay" in the non literal sense.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #37
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

My guess is it will be a GL either Kyle, John or Guy (that would be something)
I can see Wonder Woman as well
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #38
demonhunter
Kingpin

Didn't they say they wanted the new 52 Superman and new 52 Wonder Woman to have a romantic relationship as power couples? I thought I remember reading it was one of the reasons that Superman's marriage to Lois Lane was "undone" so that they could hook Diana and Superman together.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #39
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
Didn't they say they wanted the new 52 Superman and new 52 Wonder Woman to have a romantic relationship as power couples? I thought I remember reading it was one of the reasons that Superman's marriage to Lois Lane was "undone" so that they could hook Diana and Superman together.
I sooooo wanted this to happen! I always wanted Supes and Wonder Woman together. I have nothing against Lois but I have always felt that WW and Supes were so compatible.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #40
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
For some kind of reason, I feel that its used as a marketing gimmick which is unfortunate to me. I don't want characters who were once "straight" and then turned gay all of a sudden just to attract LGBT readers. I'm all for diversity when its done right. I became an instant Batwoman fan when I read Batwoman Elegy. How the way she was outed while at West Point prior to the repeal of DADT was handled with such care, sensitivity, and realism. Its comic book storytelling at its finest.

Whichever DC character becomes gay, I wouldn't be surprised to read many homophobic, ignorant comments.
I agree with you. I don't want a character forced to be gay whose history shows otherwise.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote