Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-14-2024, 12:07 PM   #161
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
No kiddin. I don't even like Mystique and I'd love to see something. Slow as hell around here.
C'mon H we've had a TON of stuff! I hope and expect them to keep quiet until SDCC/Sideshow Con or whatever.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 12:16 PM   #162
Forps is back
The Avengers

Tbolt, my guy, is GOATing atm.

Look, guys. The famous "Forps art(s)y eye team" consists of guys who know their sh.t.

They have an eye second to none (well, 1-2 levels below of Forps' one though, lol), they are also CLEVER (they can "smell" pushing, hyping and receiving "freebies" from miles away), they are also EXTREMELY SMART, they have 1 thing that majority of collectors or maybe people in general don't.

They don't give a sh.t about what Tubers, influencers etc say or about their agendas.

LBS sculpts are LAUGHABLE. PERIOD. You can push, you can hype, but LBS sculpts have 0 artistic value. LBS and XM are for casuals.

The moment i see a guy owning XM or LBS pieces, i know that this guy is a casual.

Serious collectors only collect Sideshow, Infinity, Blitzway, ECC. I can give them some Prime1, JND and Queen pieces. But....NOTHING ELSE.

Forps sees a guy owning >1 XM or LBS piece = a casual, an average Joe = waste of time to argue with him

Period. End of discussion.

Let's talk about art(s)y sculpts here. Well, let's talk about our beloved company, Sideshow.

If Forps leaves the forum again, you should ONLY listen to qz33, Tbolt, BurningRave, bdlovelace, Divo and my two old friends, Comicbookguy and OrangeCrsh.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 12:23 PM   #163
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Agreed, though, hopefully she's not mopping a floor.
What if Mystique is mopping the floor with Wolverine?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mop that floor mystique.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	170523  
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 12:30 PM   #164
qz33
Baron Zemo

Ahh don't leave Forps. Just reappear as you see fit.

So where's that Superman that hasn't been put up for order yet?
That cape is so ARTSY!

qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 12:31 PM   #165
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
C'mon H we've had a TON of stuff! I hope and expect them to keep quiet until SDCC/Sideshow Con or whatever.
Touche. I hope more new stuff is coming for their SS Con.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 12:54 PM   #166
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Ahh don't leave Forps. Just reappear as you see fit.

So where's that Superman that hasn't been put up for order yet?
That cape is so ARTSY!
qz33, if Sideshow listens to CASUALS and TUBERS and is not going to give us this Superman, i am going to stop POing.

If she also has a new headsculpt for this Superman, i demand the original headsculpt.

It reminds me of the Psylocke PFF. Sideshow revealed that masterpiece sculpted by Godfilova. Some Tubers started a crusade against it ("she looks like a man" etc) and Sideshow gave in. She produced a new headsculpt, WAYYYYYY WORSEEEE than the original. An abomination.

Then suddenly, Sideshow puts up the old one (Psylocke X-Force Variant) and it instantly becomes a GRAIL.

Ohhhh.....and time to stir the forum.

Disclaimer. I own the following statue (sculpted edition). But time to start a "war".

Prime1's Superman Hush 1/3 has only 2 pros. The elevating pose (unique at the time) and its height (towering over other statues). Its paint application was mediocre, the body and the sculpt oozed an action figurish vibe. Ohhhh and the sculpted version also leans.

Yes, i said it. Prime1 Superman Hush 1/3 is considered to be a grail but for Forps is a mediocre statue at most.
Old 05-14-2024, 01:12 PM   #167
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
What if Mystique is mopping the floor with Wolverine?
lol, not feeling the gas mask
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 01:33 PM   #168
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
If Forps leaves the forum again, you should ONLY listen to qz33, Tbolt, BurningRave, bdlovelace, Divo and my two old friends, Comicbookguy and OrangeCrsh.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 02:22 PM   #169
Forps is back
The Avengers

When i see guys collecting XM or LBS cr.p, a scene from Seven (the movie masterpiece) always comes to mind....

Morgan Freeman...Gentlemen, gentlemen... I'll never understand. All these books, a world of knowledge at your fingertips. What do you do? You play poker all night

Forps...Gentlemen, gentlemen... I'll never understand. All these Sideshow's arty sculpts, pinnacle of art at your fingertips. What do you do? You collect XM and LBS garbage
Old 05-14-2024, 02:38 PM   #170
SONICobra
Batman

XMs been around a while and had more misses than hits imo so i get the stance, but why the hate for LBS? theyve only put out a few pieces so far and all seemed to turn out pretty nice from what i can tell. maybe not artsy enough?

only siths deal in absolutes forps
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote