Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #111
aeumuse
Hydra

To be honest, I've never knew about Luis Royo, let alone his works, before I stumbled on Yamato's Medusa's Gaze, so my preferences were/are purely based on the figures themselves.
aeumuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #112
TheDevil
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

hmm... My only complaint about touch of Ice is she's crouching..... the size will be pretty small I guess.... I mean if she's 1/4 or 1/5 that's different story..

Other than that, looks really good..
TheDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 AM   #113
Vallos
Jubilee

That was also a bit of a concern for me, Devil. I would like to see her next to Medusa for comparison. I don't mind the crouch per se, so long as she is the same size as Medusa.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #114
Take Iseki
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

TOI Sheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
Take, I highly appreciate your kindness. Thank you! She is gorgeous!

I have a couple of questions. How did the sculptor get her teddy (top) to be sheer (see through)? When will she be released?
Dear Vallos, first, thank you for your compliment!
The sculptor sculpts the sheer as it is( as thin as possible just as any cloth covering her up w/o see through effect). Then he or his painter paints as it is, as he perceives on the original art, which is L Royo's art. So, he basically paints the See through effect over the sheer( in real life it should be under the sheer) .
The paint master is sent to a factory and they would recreate the same pc. by using spray masks and Tempo plates( sorta rubber stamp, Medusa's tattoos were done by this). In this TOI's case, the tattoos underneith are done by tempo and then they will use spray mask to cover her up, to complete her mesh, see through sheer dress part.

I hope it was clear enogh!

TAKE
Take Iseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #115
Take Iseki
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeumuse View Post
Touch of Ice looks nice....but to be honest, maybe it's the angle, for some reason I'm not getting the same 'wow' reaction as when I first saw Medusa's Gaze...any chance of more close up pictures of her face Take?

I assume this wasn't sculpted by Shungo Yazawa?
Aeumuse. here are some more photos fort your review!
yeh, i hear you guys! The crouching makes it a lot smaller, but the original art is done so. What if we make it stand up straight? I guess we may be able to do so in the future, but L Royo fans may not appreciate the fact it is not true to his original art. What do u think??
BTW, the sculptor is not Mr. Yazawa, Mr. Y. has been working on Dancer of Pain and taking a long time, already about 8 months. he is perfectionist.

TAKE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TOI-paintmaster-re13.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	473.2 KB
ID:	50574   Click image for larger version

Name:	TOI-paintmaster-re04.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	495.2 KB
ID:	50575  
Take Iseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #116
Vallos
Jubilee

Thank you Take for you explantion on the clothing. That was indeed clear enough!

Take, the extra photos you provided just made me even want this statue more. She is breathtaking.

I agree, that the crouch should remain. This is after all based on the original painting. I personally don't mind the crouch, so long as she is the same same size as Medusa. In other words, if Medusa is crouching she will be the same in scale. I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate stance with her in the future, but the original is number one for me!

Do you know when this will be released?

Dancer of Pain is one of my all time favorites from Royo. I'm am beyond pleased to hear Mr. Yazawa is taking his time with her! Fantastic news!
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #117
Outhsider
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Iseki View Post
Hello Everyone! You guys have been so cool to me, so as a gratitude, I am sending this Sneak preview images of Touch of the Ice( TOI). It got just approved! So, guess what! You guys are the very first people to see this besides licensing agents.

Please send me your frank comments!

Take
Wow a must have.
Outhsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #118
Fremen
Birds of Prey

I like it crouching. I would like it as close to the original art by Royo as possible.

I looks fantastic. Can't wait until she's released!
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #119
aeumuse
Hydra

Quote:
Aeumuse. here are some more photos fort your review!
yeh, i hear you guys! The crouching makes it a lot smaller, but the original art is done so. What if we make it stand up straight? I guess we may be able to do so in the future, but L Royo fans may not appreciate the fact it is not true to his original art. What do u think??
BTW, the sculptor is not Mr. Yazawa, Mr. Y. has been working on Dancer of Pain and taking a long time, already about 8 months. he is perfectionist.

TAKE
I appreciate the pics greatly Take, I'm more of a 'face' person & these new pics have bought me over...love her face, especially her eyes!

Reckon her kneeling down just adds more contrast & dimension when displayed with standing ones, preferably same scale as Medusa's Gaze of cos (I noticed Golden Lover is mentioned as 8.25" compared to Medusa's 11.80", so hope they display well together)

Thanks for the additional info on Mr Yazawa too, I'm now officially high with anticipation for Dancer Of Pain
aeumuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #120
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Hello Everyone! You guys have been so cool to me, so as a gratitude, I am sending this Sneak preview images of Touch of the Ice( TOI). It got just approved! So, guess what! You guys are the very first people to see this besides licensing agents.

Please send me your frank comments!

Take
It looks amazing! I will be happy to continue collecting these statues!
ruzzell is online now   Reply With Quote