Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-18-2010, 12:45 AM   #41
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Do the seven people that bought this know each other?I can see how legal action for $700 is not worth the effort but as a cumulative group with paypal receipt in hand, it seems like an easy case for a class action lawsuit. I doubt it would even go that far but at least it would facilitate the refund or at least set a timed deadline to deliver the product. Was there a contract or written agreement from comic statues and the buyers?
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:38 AM   #42
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

I have not posted earlier because we had too many unknown variables to be able to give a concrete answer of what was going to happen.

Everyone knows that these statues were to be painted by Danno but Danno was not aware that he was going to be so busy when he committed to the project. In addition, we later found out that the bases had a flaw but Aspen took care of it by producing them again. But, the new problem was the same again, when will Danno paint them. Everyone was patient but that only goes so far and it has gone beyond that.

Now, wanting this to end, I spoke to Danno and let him know that the only solution was that he had to get them painted and painted quickly. He had committed to something that patient buyers purchased because of his talent. He then asked for help painting. He just couldn't do it alone. Not losing the integrity of his work, he felt that if the base coats were done by an excellent painter, it would take a load off of him and he could do the rest. So now Danno has professional paint help and Frank is going to send the new bases to the painter who will then send his finished work to Danno. This is what Danno asked so he could finish the statues and he has now been given what he needed.

I have spoken to everyone involved and it seems there are no excuses or reasons for these pieces to not be finished in a reasonable amount of time. Drew has helped along the way just to be kind, not because of any other reason. He had no involvement besides just trying to help. For that, we are all grateful.
Now, specific time lines of what is going on will be given as it is received.
I will be sending Aspen a shipping address this coming week so they can send the bases. As the new bases are prepped for Danno, I will post it so all will be aware of when it is happening. Once Danno paints each piece, I will also post it.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #43
thecomichounds
Frackin!

Ok. I feel better about this now. Thanks.
thecomichounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #44
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Sounds like a pretty good solution. Hopefully they'll get finished in a timely manner to satisfy all involved.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #45
Closetnerd
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Looking forward to putting all this to bed and having an awesome statue to display!!!!!
Closetnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:36 AM   #46
Magik
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

YAY!! I'm not getting one of these, but I'm so happy for all of you who are. Good luck with getting them soon. I can't wait for the pics!
Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #47
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I have a question. I understand if Danno couldn't paint the bases because he had to wait for them to get redone and shipped to him. But why didn't he paint Kiani in the meantime? He had the the Kiani's for about 2 years didn't he? And I'm sure he must have had some down time. He should have seen this problem coming along time ago and planned for it.

I'm glad this piece is finally getting finished.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #48
Walden
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens now.

Since I asked for edition #10 and was the fifth person to pay in full, I was told that #10 will be completed fifth in line before the others that wasn't paid in full.

Three of these are finished, #10 should be second in line to be completed according what I was told a couple of years ago.

Interesting scenario since I've been promised a refund. Will they still have #10 finished before the rest as they say? Or will #10 get pushed back to the last in line since I'm supposed to be getting a refund?

If I got my refund, they can do with edition #10 as they wish, but since I didn't get my refund yet, the pecking order should still stay the same. Right?

I like to hear what the people involved has to say about this.
Walden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #49
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
I have a question. I understand if Danno couldn't paint the bases because he had to wait for them to get redone and shipped to him. But why didn't he paint Kiani in the meantime? He had the the Kiani's for about 2 years didn't he? And I'm sure he must have had some down time. He should have seen this problem coming along time ago and planned for it.

I'm glad this piece is finally getting finished.
I actually asked Danno about this a while back. He said for consistency in base coats and final appearance, it's important to paint both the figure and the base at the same time if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walden View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing what happens now.

Since I asked for edition #10 and was the fifth person to pay in full, I was told that #10 will be completed fifth in line before the others that wasn't paid in full.

Three of these are finished, #10 should be second in line to be completed according what I was told a couple of years ago.

Interesting scenario since I've been promised a refund. Will they still have #10 finished before the rest as they say? Or will #10 get pushed back to the last in line since I'm supposed to be getting a refund?

If I got my refund, they can do with edition #10 as they wish, but since I didn't get my refund yet, the pecking order should still stay the same. Right?

I like to hear what the people involved has to say about this.
#5 (6th in line) isn't paid in full, which means there will be money coming in for that one which can go to your refund. Since #5 is actually going to someone and #10 now isn't, #10 will get bumped to the back of the line again.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #50
Jayden
Blue Falcon

I guess with the upcoming resolution to this problem, I suppose the question is... refund or statue?

I figured that's why Danno waited on painting the Kiani's. You really want to paint from the same paint batch so they don't dry differently.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote