Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

ARTfx VS. ARTfx+ statues

Ok guys, so with the recent announcements at Wondercon of all the new Kotobukiya lines and additions to lines, I need to bit of clarification on the difference between a Kotobukiya ARTfx and Kotobukiya ARTfx+ piece. My basic understanding is that the ARTfx line is more the premier line of statues and are general larger in scale, such as the Daredevil, X-Force Wolverine, etc. while the ARTfx+ line, is usually smaller at around 1/10 scale like the Justice League line.
Is my understanding correct? Also, do the Bishoujos fall under either of the lines?

Thanks
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
demonhunter
Kingpin

Hi, as a fan collector of Kotobukiya, here is my understanding:

ArtFX is a product line under Kotobukiya that usually uses PVC. Maybe include ABS too. But none polystone, non resin.

Examples: Kotobukiya ArtFX Jim Lee Hush Batman, Supergirl, The Dark Knight movie statue etc.

Scale is about 1/6. May include electronic parts.Some assembly may be required sometimes. May include Interchangeable parts.

ArtFX+ (called ArtFX Plus), is 1/10 scale. Also PVC. May include interchangeable parts.

On the other hand, Kotobukiya Fine Art Line is The 1/6 Daredevil, Cyclops Danger Room, Captain America Classic etc. Polystone, or resin. May include electronic parts. No assembly required. May include interchangeable parts like head swaps.

Bishoujo is a seperate line by itself. PVC material.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:05 AM   #3
Ditch
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

How does Jania Solo fit in i was annoyed to find that she was an ART-FX and i had to put one together to display.Is this because it's a Star Wars licensing issue.
Ditch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Gonk said that they're contractually required to package all their Star Wars statues in multiple pieces. That's why all the Star Wars ArtFX+ statues need assembly but the DC statues are one solid piece.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
Gonk said that they're contractually required to package all their Star Wars statues in multiple pieces. That's why all the Star Wars ArtFX+ statues need assembly but the DC statues are one solid piece.
I was wondering about that since the Jania Solo statue only has one pose and no extra pieces... I can understand Boba Fett and Darth Maul as they had different poses and extra items to give them a different look... Just made no sense that Jania came in pieces until you explained it..

Once you do put her together she's pretty solid looking you can't really tell, but putting them together is a bit stressful as the pieces don't slide in very easily....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I was wondering about that since the Jania Solo statue only has one pose and no extra pieces... I can understand Boba Fett and Darth Maul as they had different poses and extra items to give them a different look... Just made no sense that Jania came in pieces until you explained it..

Once you do put her together she's pretty solid looking you can't really tell, but putting them together is a pit stressful as the pieces don't slide in very easily....
Yeah they really don't on a lot of their pieces :/ And those pegs are hollow instead of solid often which makes it worse ><
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post

ArtFX is a product line under Kotobukiya that usually uses PVC. Maybe include ABS too. But none polystone, non resin.

Examples: Kotobukiya ArtFX Jim Lee Hush Batman, Supergirl, The Dark Knight movie statue etc.

Scale is about 1/6. May include electronic parts.Some assembly may be required sometimes. May include Interchangeable parts.

ArtFX+ (called ArtFX Plus), is 1/10 scale. Also PVC. May include interchangeable parts.

On the other hand, Kotobukiya Fine Art Line is The 1/6 Daredevil, Cyclops Danger Room, Captain America Classic etc. Polystone, or resin. May include electronic parts. No assembly required. May include interchangeable parts like head swaps.

So is the dufference between the koto fine art is that its solid with resin polystone like the spidey unleashed and venom unbound? So that's why it's 200.00 each as opposed to the artfx is the cheaper pvs materials like the batman and Jim lee superman which only costs 100.00 each? Is this correct? Then artfx+ is the small statues like action figure sizes. I'm new to all these artfx so it's confusing.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post

More clearer, not even water. You explained it perfectly.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #9
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but why can't Koto do Fine Art Statues with DC characters? I know they can't do 1/4 scale for reasons beyond our control, but what's the difference between PVC (ArtFX) and polystone/resin (Fine Art)? It's all 1/6 scale in the end anyway. Why does all the good stuff get to come from Marvel?
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #10
built2shred
Phoenix

Knowing DC they probably try to maximize their revenue but having a separate license for just about everything, from size to materials used, etc...

IE: One license for 1/6 scale PVC and another for 1/6 scale Polystone and another one for 1/6 scale kits, etc..etc..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote