Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
patrickwm68
The Flash

Sideshow's Packing Does Not Meet UPS Standards?

I sold an Excl. THING PF on eBay and it arrived to the buyer with the left leg totally off. I filed a claim with UPS and today I received a call from them saying that the packaging does not meet UPS standards therefore they are denying the claim. Seeing I shipped it exactly the way Sideshow sent it to me they might as well be saying that Sideshow's packing is below UPS standards.

Anyone else have a problem filing a claim with UPS?
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
I sold an Excl. THING PF on eBay and it arrived to the buyer with the left leg totally off. I filed a claim with UPS and today I received a call from them saying that the packaging does not meet UPS standards therefore they are denying the claim. Seeing I shipped it exactly the way Sideshow sent it to me they might as well be saying that Sideshow's packing is below UPS standards.

Anyone else have a problem filing a claim with UPS?
UPS does anything to get out of paying money... they say it has to be 2" of packing between the box and the item... you have to explain to them that the styrofoam is the packing... but THey are really hard to deal with... I think FedEx or USPS is easier...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
MinMay
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

i ordered a 75lb electronic gadget...and it came in pieces...the seller had to deal with the UPS, but not sure about the outcome...

I hate UPS when sending fragile item. The guys I see love kicking boxes around...they just don't care.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
UPS does anything to get out of paying money... they say it has to be 2" of packing between the box and the item... you have to explain to them that the styrofoam is the packing... but THey are really hard to deal with... I think FedEx or USPS is easier...
They're sending the statue back to me and some paperwork so I'm hoping there's a way to appeal the decision.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
i ordered a 75lb electronic gadget...and it came in pieces...the seller had to deal with the UPS, but not sure about the outcome...

I hate UPS when sending fragile item. The guys I see love kicking boxes around...they just don't care.
I caught my driver throwing one of my packages (a mini-bust) onto my concrete porch from about 15 feet away.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Collection King 13
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
They're sending the statue back to me and some paperwork so I'm hoping there's a way to appeal the decision.
Appeal it and explain that the item is the statue and color box means nothing and the item is protected by the stryrofoam....

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
Old 08-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
Collection King 13
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I caught my driver throwing one of my packages (a mini-bust) onto my concrete porch from about 15 feet away.
UPS drivers could care less about anything intheir trucks...

Old 08-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #8
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
Appeal it and explain that the item is the statue and color box means nothing and the item is protected by the stryrofoam....
I'll give it a try, thanks.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #9
taarna
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

UPS is the worst company out there!!!!!!speaking from experience !!!!
taarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #10
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I (almost) got burned by this for a Hard hero statue once, too. They claimed the same thing, I kept b!tching about it and finally got them to rollover. Like CK said, they will try anything to get out of paying, you have to keep on them. I guess in a way they do kinda get screwed sometimes...if you sell a sealed item that isn't opened until the Buyer gets it, that damage could have occured at the factory or during the original Fed Ex shipment to you, not necessarily during the trip from you to the final buyer. Not that I'm going to shed any tears for UPS...
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote