Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
monsterfan
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Cinemaquette: Over priced but still the best on the market!

..I've been away but recently I've had some free time and decided to check out the CM forum. I was not surprised to see that CM is still being put down (for various reasons). Everyone is entitled to their opinion but T-850, Jack Sparrow, Godfather, Bruce Lee, etc, all stink? Are you kidding me!! Yes, the price point is nuts (at least $600 overpriced), but it is crazy to think that these are inferior figures! Jack Sparrow is amazing! Same goes for the new Godfather figure. Are they 100% perfect? Of coarse not! But to say that CM is "going down hill" or that these figures can be dismissed as "inferior" is nuts.
..I can only dream about owning these figures (feel lucky just to own the T-850) but I'm not going to dismiss them simply because I cannot afford them. I sometime think that we have become a culture that has to bad mouth something just because it is out of reach (makes us feel better). Sideshow seems to get a pass on some truly awful products because they are moderately priced. Makes me wonder that if CM dropped their price into the $700 range if they would still be hated as much.
I hope that my CM rant has not offended anyone. I just feel that I left the forum a long time ago (when it was really negative) and have returned to see that nothing has really changed. I've been collecting for over 30 years and I'm still amazed at the likeness/quality of my T-850.
monsterfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

For what ever reason, some will never like this line and continue to be derogatory towards it. However, there are those who do appreciate what Cinemaquette are offering and continue to enjoy their products.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
monsterfan
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
For what ever reason, some will never like this line and continue to be derogatory towards it. However, there are those who do appreciate what Cinemaquette are offering and continue to enjoy their products.
...I think that the price has a lot to do with it.
monsterfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

The price is probably 90% of it. Once you hit a certain price point you DEMAND perfection. It's hard to spin that "wheel of likeness" expecting an Aragorn, Jack or T-850 that is not "that bad".

The cost to spin that wheel is like $2,000 so many will pass and take out the frustration by nitpicking the figures to death.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
The price is probably 90% of it. Once you hit a certain price point you DEMAND perfection. It's hard to spin that "wheel of likeness" expecting an Aragorn, Jack or T-850 that is not "that bad".

The cost to spin that wheel is like $2,000 so many will pass and take out the frustration by nitpicking the figures to death.
This is pretty much it. When I look at the CM pieces, some of them have a good likeness, some don't. When figures at a much much lower price point and scale (Hot Toys) manage to look considerably better, that's a problem (even though it's two different markets).

Now, I wouldn't ever bother trolling a thread about it, because what's the point? If someone likes their CM, great! I think the Predator looks fantastic and when I have the room/money, I'll probably pick one up and post pictures.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Vader
Ghost

I'm into the creature/robots. Not so much the silicone. There's something about the scale choice of cinemaquette that puts them in a completely different league than sideshow. I really love the 1/3 scale.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
enzo
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
This is pretty much it. When I look at the CM pieces, some of them have a good likeness, some don't. When figures at a much much lower price point and scale (Hot Toys) manage to look considerably better, that's a problem (even though it's two different markets).

Now, I wouldn't ever bother trolling a thread about it, because what's the point? If someone likes their CM, great! I think the Predator looks fantastic and when I have the room/money, I'll probably pick one up and post pictures.
I would hurry up on the pred, from what I understand it is already retired and only hit about 500, so we should see these more scarce and more expensive in the futer, the old supply and demand

Last edited by enzo; 04-16-2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: mispell
enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
enzo
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
I'm into the creature/robots. Not so much the silicone. There's something about the scale choice of cinemaquette that puts them in a completely different league than sideshow. I really love the 1/3 scale.

Me too 1/3 scale is just amazing in person and demand so much attention when u walk in the room. especially pred and alien size, I will tell u though when u put the whole line together in one room as ur focal point, it is truly something to behold
enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo View Post
I would hurry up on the pred, from what I understand it is already retired and only hit about 500, so we should see these more scarce and more expensive in the futer, the old supply and demand
I totally understand that I'll be getting screwed on price. But there's simple zero area for me to display a piece that large until I get a larger living area.

Oh well!
Old 04-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #10
Vader
Ghost

I wouldn't worry too much. It's going to be a while before those go up in price.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote