Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-04-2024, 03:42 PM   #111
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
There's just one custom statue company right now that I am extremely passionate about and I know they are very genuinely passionate about the IP they work with. If they somehow get attacked, I will personally fly over to California and slap Ant in the face.
Ant and PCS are in North Carolina.

Take pictures.

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 03:50 PM   #112
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
^ Ha ha. Yeah wonder if Ant had something to do with it?

Well PCS seems to think they are going to do Star Wars so now we get to be extra critical of anything PCS releases that does not live up to MYC's quality.

Strange coincidence getting announced on the 4th.
Blitzway, Sideshow, PCS. I'm sure none are too pleased with unlicensed product.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 05:33 PM   #113
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
^ Ha ha. Yeah wonder if Ant had something to do with it?

Well PCS seems to think they are going to do Star Wars so now we get to be extra critical of anything PCS releases that does not live up to MYC's quality.

Strange coincidence getting announced on the 4th.
I don't think they were really all that known for quality (PCS), they were more known for making things affordable (which lately has been not the case). It does seem they are trying to get into the higher end market so will be interesting to see how well they actually do there. Some of my favorite statues are from pcs but nothing as of late.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 08:30 PM   #114
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
I don't think they were really all that known for quality (PCS), they were more known for making things affordable (which lately has been not the case). It does seem they are trying to get into the higher end market so will be interesting to see how well they actually do there. Some of my favorite statues are from pcs but nothing as of late.
1/2 scale statues with less detail than the average Hot Toy is not the way.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 08:52 PM   #115
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
1/2 scale statues with less detail than the average Hot Toy is not the way.
I didn't say they would succeed. I think they are trying to play out of their league and should of stayed doing what they were doing but only time will tell. I will say it makes me think they have a high probability of failure when I see multiple new statues mentioned for them every week but yet very few ever seem to get to collectors. Need to concentrate on something and "git er done".
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 09:18 PM   #116
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

What statue have PCS not got to collectors after it went up? Also, you guys actually think Disney was unaware of MYC? I'm sure this was in the works on their (Disney)end for a while now.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 01:23 AM   #117
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
What statue have PCS not got to collectors after it went up? Also, you guys actually think Disney was unaware of MYC? I'm sure this was in the works on their (Disney)end for a while now.
nevermind...
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 02:17 PM   #118
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
So PCS gets the SW license, their CEO starts spouting about Licensors going after customs, and MYC as a producer for years finally gets a C&D letter.

C&D letters are like giving out candy. No reason for Disney to wait for any reasons at all.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:55 PM   #119
craigcliff1
Zot

No idea when MYC started SW but around what 08 or so I knew about him, have to think the Licensors had to know too, any licensor, can't imagine MATTEL WAS HAPPY ABOUT HIS SKELLY did Marvel stuff., then mouse bought Marvel, so they had to have some file on him and the others.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 04:22 PM   #120
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
No idea when MYC started SW but around what 08 or so I knew about him, have to think the Licensors had to know too, any licensor, can't imagine MATTEL WAS HAPPY ABOUT HIS SKELLY did Marvel stuff., then mouse bought Marvel, so they had to have some file on him and the others.
Licensors this big are not that bothered. These people have better things to do than carry on covert operations... just to wait and see for the moment to strike.

Somebody snitches, they send a cease & desist. That's really all it takes to show they are actively pursuing protection of their trademarks. Nobodies waiting till MYC gets big enough or gets enough attention.
If they feel something is worthwhile then they can pursue a suit.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote