Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-06-2024, 12:34 PM   #31
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Regarding PCS's explanation to the chin, the artist has inaccurately given the sculpt a double-chin and exaggerated the roundness of it in order to match the front view of Jordan's head portrait.

There shouldn't be any excessive fat in that area. The chin also appears to be too narrow, too close to the neck.

In terms of head position, the previous sculpt is far more accurate. PCS should have stayed with it and continued to work on it.

In terms of likeness, the previous sculpt is also better although it looks a little more mature compared to the youthful look of Jordan in the Nike poster.

The side profile of the headsculpt shows most of the inaccuracies of it. It simply looks like a different person altogether.

Look at the chin area of Jordan's side profile portrait, it should give the artist some ideas on how to fix his sculpt. He needs to spend more time on the likeness as well.

Having said that, it is a good start. Just don't consider it the final sculpt. It is far from it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jordan.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	170363   Click image for larger version

Name:	jordan profile.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	170364  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 01:15 PM   #32
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I hope PCS won't think that I am "trolling" them with my observations and suggestions.

I don't "troll".

I genuinely want PCS to fix all the inaccuracies and come back with a perfect headsculpt with great likeness.

As a collector, it is very satisfying and exciting to see statue companies accomplishing high degree of artistic achievement.
Old 05-06-2024, 01:36 PM   #33
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I hope PCS won't think that I am "trolling" them with my observations and suggestions.

I don't "troll".

I genuinely want PCS to fix all the inaccuracies and come back with a perfect headsculpt with great likeness.

As a collector, it is very satisfying and exciting to see statue companies accomplishing high degree of artistic achievement.
This is business. Any discussion that isn't pro-sales or pro-hype is antithetical to these companies' goals.

Just like movie producers, they are well aware how much or how little their effort reaches their target result before we ever see it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 10:55 AM   #34
Big Hulk

I'll continue to say PCS simply cannot do good real life human portraits. They continue to show they aren't able to do these and should focus on what they do well with (i.e. video game, comic, etc.). Their WWE line failed because of likeness and their NBA one will do the same.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 02:05 PM   #35
Hobbyist

For an artist, it is an ambitious project to do a painting or a sculpture of a real person in the style of Realism. It will be considered a failure if the likeness is off.

The same standard applies to statue companies attempting to do the same. It won't be suddenly lowered just because the sculpture is now a commercial product.

In fact, the standard will be higher for statue companies simply because money is now involved, especially when some of their statues cost thousands of dollars.

So, for a statue company that doesn't have a talented artist/sculptor who is capable to sculpt a realistic headsculpt with perfect likeness, it really shouldn't be offering that type of statues, IMO.

They need to realise their strength and accept their weakness, and produce their products accordingly.
Old 05-07-2024, 02:11 PM   #36
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This is business. Any discussion that isn't pro-sales or pro-hype is antithetical to these companies' goals.

Just like movie producers, they are well aware how much or how little their effort reaches their target result before we ever see it.
Good thing this is not their business Facebook page or their company website.

This is a forum for collectors to voice their opinions, likes and dislikes on products that are currently on offer on the market. We can speak our mind freely.
Old 05-08-2024, 11:11 AM   #37
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
I'll continue to say PCS simply cannot do good real life human portraits. They continue to show they aren't able to do these and should focus on what they do well with.
I agree.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 10.10.14 AM.png
Views:	58
Size:	893.6 KB
ID:	170393  
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 01:55 PM   #38
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

That's mean, but...funny, nice Lionel Richie reference
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 04:19 PM   #39
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

A 7 foot wingspan!

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 04:44 PM   #40
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
I agree.
Good god THAT song stayed in the UK chart forever!
I always found it slightly comical at just how good the sculpt was, given it was sculpted by a blind woman.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote