Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think with over 2 dozen (probably more) new statues that was previewed at SDCC that they could had made it a preorder? When I compared the few years after SDCC, this has by far been the least amount of preorders so far...
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #12
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Is there no new preorders this week from ssc? This would be the first Thursday in all the years nothing has been posted? One would think we can get one statue huh?
I seem to remember many weeks when nothing new went up for pre-order. This isn't anything new.

I said it once here and on the other forum. But I really think it's down to factory scheduling now with Sideshow. They have so many projects teased and in the works. They can't all go to the prime factory. But they still want to get a good job done so we wait. And since Sideshow is the distributor for Hot Toys we'll see more and more of that.

I just wish Sideshow would update on all the properties that they teased years ago. It's kind of sad that at the biggest show of the year we don't get an update video on all the stuff we were excited about getting. At least with Hot Toys when they didn't show Prometheus at SDCC they still showed that card basically acknowledging that the figures are still coming.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #13
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yep, I feel the exact same way. Large amounts of these action figures, poorly re-done website, consistent QC issues, NRDs, open ES, lame exclusives and incredibly long wait times for new pre-orders/releasing of existing orders.
fixed ^
imho, Sideshow has been sliding down a slippery slope for sometime now
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #14
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

SS main focus going forward, are going to be 1/6 scales figures & movie license pf's. It's less drama dealing with a lot of unhappy customers. I mean, how many complaints with the dolls versus the pf's. Every pf that comes out gets tons of complaints lately. Can't blame SS for that. I bet SS Alex won't reply, cuz it's true. Am I wrong??
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #15
DSET
The Secret Six

I'm quite annoyed with the slow pace of: reveal to preview to pre order dates

They are at least 3 times slower today than they were 3 years ago
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #16
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I personally can't keep up with a good pre-order or two each and every week, especially being an international customer with inferior currency conversion rates. I don't know about you guys rolling in cash though, but I'm not complaining.

Maybe they realised they couldn't keep up with the deluge of pre-orders from last year and now they're having to deal with multiple delays and stuff.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #17
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
I'm quite annoyed with the slow pace of: reveal to preview to pre order dates

They are at least 3 times slower today than they were 3 years ago
Sad but very true brotha...
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #18
Y3E
Gen 13

I don't mind. I still have 5 preorders and don't want to add too many.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #19
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Releasing everything in one huge wave causes issues since we truly don't want to release a ton of items all at once to hit people's wallets with NRD after NRD after NRD (potentially). Then starts the wishes and cries of 'It's too much at once! My wallet/bank account can't take it. Make it stop.'

Releasing not enough of a certain type of product causes outcries as well.

As for the thought that nothing more than 1/6 scale figures are to be released from now on...well...off the top of my head I know of the following that are coming up for Pre-Order (soon/in the near-ish future)...

Red Sonja Premium Format Figure
Alien Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust
Apocalypse Premium Format Figure
Engineer Statue
Hellboy Premium Format Figure
Predator 2 Maquette
Predator 2 Mask Prop Replica
Kerrigan Statue
Yoda Life-Size Bust
Sinestro Premium Format Figure
Catwoman Legendary Scale Figure
Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure
Indiana Jones Legendary Scale Figure
Red Death Premium Format Figure
Queen of the Dead Premium Format Figure
Red Skull Premium Format Figure
Captain America Premium Format Figure
Striker Eureka Statue
Joker Life-Size Bust
Slattern Statue
Spider-Man Comiquette
Gwen Stacy Comiquette

And this isn't including the many projects either teased or not revealed at all yet that are still yet to come before the end of 2013 (that happen to be non-sixth scale related as well).

Is there a plethora of more and more sixth scale offerings? Yes, of course, as there are collectors out there that do enjoy collecting in that scale but there is no abandonment of Premium Format Figures, Maquettes, Statues, Comiquettes, Prop Replicas, Legendary Scale Figures, Legendary Scale Busts, Life-Size Figures, etc.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #20
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Releasing everything in one huge wave causes issues since we truly don't want to release a ton of items all at once to hit people's wallets with NRD after NRD after NRD (potentially). Then starts the wishes and cries of 'It's too much at once! My wallet/bank account can't take it. Make it stop.'

Releasing not enough of a certain type of product causes outcries as well.

As for the thought that nothing more than 1/6 scale figures are to be released from now on...well...off the top of my head I know of the following that are coming up for Pre-Order (soon/in the near-ish future)...

Red Sonja Premium Format Figure
Alien Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust
Apocalypse Premium Format Figure
Engineer Statue
Hellboy Premium Format Figure
Predator 2 Maquette
Predator 2 Mask Prop Replica
Kerrigan Statue
Yoda Life-Size Bust
Sinestro Premium Format Figure
Catwoman Legendary Scale Figure
Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure
Indiana Jones Legendary Scale Figure
Red Death Premium Format Figure
Queen of the Dead Premium Format Figure
Red Skull Premium Format Figure
Captain America Premium Format Figure
Striker Eureka Statue
Joker Life-Size Bust
Slattern Statue
Spider-Man Comiquette
Gwen Stacy Comiquette

And this isn't including the many projects either teased or not revealed at all yet that are still yet to come before the end of 2013 (that happen to be non-sixth scale related as well).

Is there a plethora of more and more sixth scale offerings? Yes, of course, as there are collectors out there that do enjoy collecting in that scale but there is no abandonment of Premium Format Figures, Maquettes, Statues, Comiquettes, Prop Replicas, Legendary Scale Figures, Legendary Scale Busts, Life-Size Figures, etc.
Would be nice if we got one of those today for preorder. In 6 years of buying directly from SSC, this is the first Thursday that nothing has ever come up for preorder..Kind of lost the excitement of Thursday when SSC doesn't put 1 item up.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote