Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-07-2024, 01:33 PM   #61
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
No way I'd risk a PO on Queen product.
Maybe I got lucky, but my one Queen Studios piece turned out great, no issues (aside from using button cell batteries, but that's not a QC thing).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Queen Studios Iron Man Mark VII - 6.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	170385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
i simply don't know
Whoa, you don't see this comment from Forps too often!
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 01:38 PM   #62
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 01:53 PM   #63
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Don?t know much about them. The only piece of theirs I have is the Batman Museum Line statue. It looks pretty good and it was cheap. When did they start getting bad?
Numerous busts and statues have had issues. Like Iron Man's Paint not matching what was advertised.
Pit marks on several busts.
Nearly all Venom busts cracking moth corners upon delivery or even developing after owning for a year.

Quote:
Maybe I got lucky, but my one Queen Studios piece turned out great, no issues (aside from using button cell batteries, but that's not a QC thing).

Attachment 170385
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 02:05 PM   #64
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Well, there is always a first time.

Though maybe not for anime/hentai/Pokemon collectors if you get what i'm saying....lol

Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 02:58 PM   #65
Forps is back
The Avengers

Please add a 5th grail for Prime1

Lady Maria (Bloodborne).

The most art(s)y video game piece EVER.
Old 05-07-2024, 04:25 PM   #66
BiaLos
Fantastic Four

I don't think your giving Prime1 enough credit.

Supergirl has done really well.

Power Girl and John Constantine sold out/wait listed really quick. Side note they only made very limited amounts of these two, but as a collector I would be thrilled to own them due to the small size knowing I actually have a rare statue.

There are others, but I don't have it in me to look up all the analytics of their products.

I will say however that we won't know the true value of Prime1 statues for quite a while due to their escalated price. I own a few of the SS PF's you mentioned are grails, and it's easy for me to see why they are, but also easy because they were originally offered for 30%-40% of what a Prime1 statue costs today.

I remember paying Double for my Prime1 Witcher statues which were slightly larger than SS's PF's and that was a tough to swallow at the time. I wants to say they were $750-$800, compared to SS $375 in some cases.

Due to this all I'm saying is it was super easy to see SS statues sell on the secondary market for so much.

Now that SS statues have doubled in price, you are seeing far less "grails" due to quality/price/edition size.
BiaLos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 04:32 PM   #67
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Man-Thing, ofc. Sorry.

T800 and T1000 sell for a lot due to demand vs non-existent alternatives. I've not bought them but i seen the T800 and the silicone used is 5 levels below, quality-wise, of the silicone Infinity Studios uses. It sweats like crazy, it is melting and it looks atrocious. If i were you, i would not buy it even for 500 bucks. I give it 10y.

The new Arnold LSB by Queen is going to be Queen's 2nd grail. As soon as that comes out, price for the 1st one is going to drop dramatically.

Infinity Studios is milesssss ahead of Queen Studios, quality-wise. Queen Studios is plagued by QC issues also, check their WW 1/4, an atrocious sculpt or check its Iron Man LSBs or its Carage/V LSBs all plagued by QC issues.

Regarding grail status for Infinity pieces, the aftermarket for Wonder Woman is already insane (excluding recasts), for Mera and for Daenerys. Aquaman (NON-RECASTS ofc) is slowly creaping up and Sauron is already there. The problem is the insane amount of recasts.

There is simple no comparison between Infinity and Queen.

Check for an example their Wonder Woman LSBs. Infinity one's is a masterpiece, Queen's one looks like a shiny, melting silicone bust of a cosplayer pretending to be Gal Gadot.
I've had the T800 for 2-3 years already. I don't have any sweating issues, but it's been behind glass the whole time. I supposedly have a buyer meeting me to buy it at the end of the month for a big profit, but I enjoyed it the entire time I've had it. Most people probably have it out in the open.

If Infinity Studios ever makes a character that I feel I need to have, I will try them out, but for now, custom Silicone busts is all I've ever had besides the T800.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 04:38 PM   #68
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiaLos View Post
I don't think your giving Prime1 enough credit.

Supergirl has done really well.

Power Girl and John Constantine sold out/wait listed really quick. Side note they only made very limited amounts of these two, but as a collector I would be thrilled to own them due to the small size knowing I actually have a rare statue.

There are others, but I don't have it in me to look up all the analytics of their products.

I will say however that we won't know the true value of Prime1 statues for quite a while due to their escalated price. I own a few of the SS PF's you mentioned are grails, and it's easy for me to see why they are, but also easy because they were originally offered for 30%-40% of what a Prime1 statue costs today.

I remember paying Double for my Prime1 Witcher statues which were slightly larger than SS's PF's and that was a tough to swallow at the time. I wants to say they were $750-$800, compared to SS $375 in some cases.

Due to this all I'm saying is it was super easy to see SS statues sell on the secondary market for so much.

Now that SS statues have doubled in price, you are seeing far less "grails" due to quality/price/edition size.

Power Girl and John Constantine have extremelyyyyyy low ES. Power Girl is a mediocre to bad statue (i'm talking about the sculpt). Constantine has that plasticky feel all NON MIXED-MEDIA statues of characters wearing clothes suffer. The sculpt is good, if Prime1 used mixed media it would be a masterpiece.

I'll wait for Sideshow's one and i hope Sideshow uses mixed media.

Prime1 in general does not amaze me as a company, i generally view its statues as inflated NECA figures, lifeless, with bases being at many cases a hot mess, paint jobs always having a glossy finish. They have SIZE which amazes the average collector, but Forps does not correlate size to artistic value so size means nothing me
Old 05-07-2024, 04:46 PM   #69
BiaLos
Fantastic Four

I can definitely see your stance regarding the paint application. It works on some statues, while others it does give it a more artificial look.

It is different from SS for sure.

I do wish the bases were smaller so I could display more.

I really do enjoy the sculpts of P1 though, overall I think they do a great job.

I still havent forgotten about the RS on throne art print, we both agreed if SS ever made a statue like it it's day one pre order.
BiaLos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 04:53 PM   #70
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiaLos View Post
I can definitely see your stance regarding the paint application. It works on some statues, while others it does give it a more artificial look.

It is different from SS for sure.

I do wish the bases were smaller so I could display more.

I really do enjoy the sculpts of P1 though, overall I think they do a great job.

I still havent forgotten about the RS on throne art print, we both agreed if SS ever made a statue like it it's day one pre order.

You are on a good path, my Padawan. Continue training your "eye".

You are slowly getting over the average Joes and Tubers excitement regarding Prime1 which stems from the size of its sculpts and you are getting deeper into true art.

A path to enter "ForpsYoda art(s)y eye team" i predict. Your collecting future being bright i "smell" to be