Do we have to?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM   #252
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Do we have to?
Well, it is my thread, so yes, i believe, it is useful to have it in this giga-thread. You are not obliged to comment here if you don't want to. You can always comment on LBS, Darks, Tweeterhead threads.

I want useful comments to be here also in order to have this thread operating as a hub for any neat idea or comment regarding Sideshow.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM   #253
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
You can always comment on LBS, Darks, Tweeterhead threads.
Gee, thanks.

I was thinking of making some lunch. I hope that's okay.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #254
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Gee, thanks.

I was thinking of making some lunch. I hope that's okay.
Ofc. No problemo.
Old Today, 08:21 AM   #255
Forps is back
The Avengers

Let's repeat it again.

Guys, Wolverine 1/3 having the crazy high (for you though, Forps was, once again, spot on) ES of 1500 is also an ominous sign of things or better said of doom to come for Sideshow's competition.

Sideshow is clearly outselling competition by a factor of 5x or even 6x. ALONE. And we're talking her competitors as a whole!!!!

2024 Sideshow is a different beast. All of her new pieces (bar Elektra and Batman) are excellent sculpts and their edition sizes are good bearing in mind the difficult market situation and that her competitors are struggling.

1500 for Wolverine, 875 for Batman vs Joker Diorama, 1250 for new Spiderman PFF, 2200 for Batgirl, 1075 for the 2 Hulks, 2000 for Red Sonja.

Taking also into account price points, i can bet that Sideshow alone outsells the totality of her competition (bar maybe Blitzway) during 2024 by a factor of 5x.

This doesn't bode well for other companies and they should adjust asap.

Just imagine Sideshow announcing a 1/3 Harley sculpted by Godbottle. KOs handed, left and right.

Sideshow is cleaning the mess, mopping the floor and preparing to end, ONCE AND FOR ALL, the discussion about the best company. It has always been Sideshow along with Infinity Stud, ECC and Blitzway.

Now Sideshow please get in touch with Blitzway that keeps Prime1 relevant these days, sign a deal with Blitzway for movie pieces (the segment where Sideshow lacks) and let's end the farce that started ~ 10y ago with the emergence of XM and Prime1.

Sideshow is not kidding, guys. She is clearly following what the doctor, Forps, prescribed ~1y ago and she is currently KOing the competition.
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #256
Forps is back
The Avengers

The problem with Tubers and why Sideshow MUST cut ANY existing or remaining ties with them

Tubers are one of the 2 biggest problems in this hobby. I won't go into details but let's write 1-2 things.

The biggest problem is their ILLUSION that they influence anyone in this hobby. Simply check their NON-SHORTS videos. They barely make 2-3k views on their NON-SHORTS videos.

Noone gives a .... about what they promote or their agendas. They think that guys paying ~1000 bucks or 3k to buy a product are going to get influenced by Tubers ? We are ALL way smarter than they think.

Also influence? WHO watches their shows or lives? Nearly NOONE. 2-3k are PEANUTS for Tube. They got "big" ONLY due to Shorts. They barely had 10k or 20k followers with 2-3k views at most before the "Shorts' era" on Tube (Tube wanting to compete with Tik-Tok promoted the Shorts).

Due to Shorts and Shorts being promoted by Tube, they got many followers but their lives and their long videos still have PEANUTS regarding actual views. 2k-3k views.

They have delusions of grandeur.

NOONE CARES, guys. In this hobby, guys having disposable money to pay for such things are not FOOLS.

The community slowly starts to get what is really going on and agendas getting pushed.

Secondly, their role is NOT to fangirl about companies or even retailers wearing shirts of companies or retailers. Their role is to STAND NEXT to the average collector and criticise companies. They are 100s things happening behind the curtains and their role is not to simply fangirl about certain companies or retailers while some of them mock Sideshow or whatever company does not comply with their opinion or agenda.

Thirdly, the rise of XM or other similarly operating companies can be attributed to many things amongst them being Tubers. It is not time to get into details, i bet that many of you know what was going on and how XM was promoted and Sideshow constantly mocked.

So, how to solve this issue?

1) They must calm down. They think that they are "Gods" when in reality their actual non-Shorts videos have 2k-3k views. Shorts are being viewed by 15 old guys having 0 disposable income and viewing for 15-20seconds. NOONE cares about your REAL, LONG videos or lives.

Stop being c..ky or having delusions of grandeur.

2) Companies must IMMEDIATELY cut any ties with them. IMMEDIATELY. Sideshow should NEVER again even talk with them. She talks through her MAGNIFICENT PRODUCTS.

Do not fall for their demands or agendas. You don't need to, Sideshow. Your products speak for themselves and your 2024' success speaks for itself.

I also respect Prime1, ECC or Blitzway for keeping the same stance.

3) They must stop fangirling over companies or retailers or wear shirts of certain retailers or companies.

They are there to also comment about companies NOT delivering, about problems in the hobby, about crazy HIGH pricing, about subpar products, about delays, about collectors not getting their money from resellers etc.

Are there any good Tubers and guys, Forps is happy to listen? Yes, they are. Archangel is one. He has NO AGENDA and he promotes NOONE. I love Archangel. The everyday collector is another having nowadays a horde of people going after him. I also like Child of the Atm. Guys with a good eye, with NO agenda and ready to criticie companies for their failures etc.

Companies should also want guys to express their opinion and not to fangirl over them. To criticize their mistakes, their bad sculpts etc.

Check how Sideshow left Forps mocking her Arsham line and venting against her CEO's decision to put that monstrosity of a line up for PO. Check how Sideshow leaves Forps going after the new Batman PFF being a miss.

Why? Cause Sideshow knows that Forps or Tbolt have good intentions. They want Sideshow to improve.

Sideshow is smart. She "listened" to me, Tbolt, qz33 or other guys providing advice or help and took the necessary measures in order to change and become a better company.

Nowadays, Sideshow is KOing the competition. She took what Forps' said, what Tbolt, what qz33 etc proposed, she applied changes and she won.

THIS IS THE WAY (Mandalorian-style).

Companies only wanting to have guys promoting their product or fangirling if someone gives an interview to them are not on a good path.

Community, STAND UP.

Time to clean up the mess, to stop fangirling over companies or retailers/resellers. They have their work to do, we have our work to do. Community needs guys to also stop sugarcoating things and to stop pushing their agendas.

Companies should also respect guys not salivating over them. They can help them to improve.

My love for Sideshow also stems from this fact. That Sideshow stopped giving a F..K about Tubers, about their "opinions" and their agendas. THIS IS THE WAY.

She also leaves guys and collectors expressing their opinions, even hating some of her sculpts (check what me, Tbolt, qz33, BurningRage or other guys wrote against Arsham line or the new Batman or D.B. sculpts).

BRAVO, Sideshow.

Bravo, Prime1, ECC, Blitzway.

Now CUT any existing relation/tie with them and leave your product, your QC, your sculpts to speak for themselves.

The decision to also not attend SDCC was the right one. SDCC is only for Tubers to wander around Sideshow's booth all day in order to make videos/shorts hoping to get views/becoming viral/getting money. Sideshow was losing TONS of money by attending SDCC. She can revisit her stance in 2y time.