Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-05-2024, 10:44 AM   #21
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post
Stick to other licenses maybe? DC and Marvel isn't exactly hot, so maybe tweeterhead and sideshow are producing all that the market wants now. I mean I can't even imagine anyone caring about a Wonder Woman 1982 statue, so it isn't exactly something to fight over if thats the case.

I hope Prime1 keep doing gaming and anime in 1/4

I agree, Straken-SWE

Nevertheless, regardless if Marvel/DC are nowadays hot or not, it is a recipe for disaster to try to compete with Sideshow in western comic-related sculpts. You simply CAN'T. It is futile

XM lost the battle. LBS is going to lose it the moment Sideshow shows the first DC 1/3 eg a Harley 1/3 by Will Godbottle, it is KO. PCS tried by producing that Wolverine 1/3 (it also leaned) that looks like a toy.

It is futile to try and compete with the old fox, Sideshow, in these 2 licenses (Marvel/DC).

Prime 1 would be the most difficult to adjust. You know why?

EGO is called. Prime1 was fooled by Tubers and average Joes in this hobby that she is the best, she is 10 levels better than Sideshow. Prime1 was winning all statue awards by CASUALS.

Prime1's executives and management have egos and it is going to be difficult to accept that they LOST the battle.

The Queen, Sideshow, is back.

But business is business and you cannot operate with FEELINGS. Prime1's owners, management, executives should accept the L (Loss) and move on.

Or else....You know...

Accept the L and move on by concentrating on your niche (manga/anime and video games statues). Cause i "smell" that other companies are going to heavily enter these markets also.

Prime1 does not have the luxury to act like a stubborn kid, not accepting losing. EGO has no place in business.

Sideshow won. She would always win the battle for Marvel/DC cause comic-related statues are her expertise. Her artists (especially her top sculptors, Harbottle, Panfilova, Canale, Phillips, Peterson) are GODs in sculpting

You may laugh, but Prime 1 due to egos, due to stubborness, may have the most difficult task.

Check her last Darkseid on Throne. 100 (+50) ES in total. WHY try to produce DC anymore? STOP IT. NOW.

Give the last one 1/3, Catwoman Hush and exit the 1/3 DC market as a whole. Once and for all. It's over. You lost.

Imagine Sideshow announcing in 2-3 months a Harley 1/3 by Harbottle. It's over.

For all of this, again Tubers played a major role. Their inability to NOT correlate SIZE to ARTISTIC VALUE (i've yet to see a Tuber having an art(s)y eye, they are clueless), the constant push for more 1/3 when the numbers for Prime1 did not work, the constant praise of Prime 1, made it difficult for her and her management to accept the defeat.

If Prime1 does not concentrate in her "niche" and Sideshow also comes and makes an agreement to cooperate with Blitzway (Blitzway keeps Prime 1 relevant these days), then things are going to get.....

Cause other companies are also coming for manga/anime and video games statues. Prime 1 must WAKE UP.
Forps is back is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 11:40 AM   #22
Exorcist
The X-Men

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Do you take any comment by heart, my friend? I was not referring to money OFC. You buy JND, so you have money. I was joking and the meaning was that

"Exorcist. You think that JND is the best company? Well, buy eg Hathaway's LSB by Infinity Studio and check if JND has the best likeness or if it is the best company out there.

Infinity Studio is MILESSSSSS better in actor/actress likeness than JND. It is not even a discussion at this point.

Or compare Mera LSB vs Mera 1/3 from JND. Infinity again wins easily.

"Poor man", buy 6-7 Infinity Studios LSBs and you are going to be more objective towards JND. Cause i "smell" that JND is something like a religion for you".

Don't be tooo thin-skinned like Kevin Durant. Being thin-skinned, thinking that someone is always "attacking" you etc is NOT going to help you in life or in your job (i don't know maybe you are simply an investor and don't work with people etc. Don't take it again personally).

This was a general lesson taught to you by Forps. Do not OVERANALYZE and do not take everything, even a simple word, to heart.

Life lesson taught again. Forps is GOATing here, guys! I love it!
Ok man whatever you say, carry on and have a good one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E06116D8-665C-4A76-8A9A-10859B0E9804.gif
Views:	10
Size:	599.6 KB
ID:	170342  
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 01:02 PM   #23
cooljellow
Frackin!

Quote:

JND. The COC...EST company ever with its product being mediocre at best. I own 5 JND products and only 1 is top notch. Harley has a 40% likeness, Wonder Woman classic outfit 55%, Batman 65% and Heard 65%. Wonder Woman 1984 is the best with 90% likeness and the SOLE one which is going to KEEP its value in the long run. Its hype is dying and ALL of JNDs can be bought for retail or cheaper with the exception of WW 1984 (gold edition) which is the sole "grail" of JND. I LOATHE the coc...ness of this company though. Especially since it does NOT deliver, no-matter-what her online army of pushers and hypers say. They even threat people expressing their opinions.
I think your rating on the likeness is a little harsh, as evidenced by market reception (they all sell out quickly).

And why would you buy 5 of them (at >$2000 a piece) if you think the likeness is 40-65%? At those prices, the likeness better be > 90%.
cooljellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 01:17 PM   #24
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljellow View Post
I think your rating on the likeness is a little harsh, as evidenced by market reception (they all sell out quickly).

And why would you buy 5 of them (at >$2000 a piece) if you think the likeness is 40-65%? At those prices, the likeness better be > 90%.
Good question. At last, a JND fan who is not namecalling and mad angry cause i stated what majority of collectors being silenced by JND pushers believe.

The answer is that i bought them in order to be able to provide true and genuine feedback. It is the problem when you review something that you did not pay for it, EVEN if you then send it back.

You have NOT spent money on it, money you worked for, so your opinion may differ if you paid your money for it. EVEN if a company sents a statue for a "review" and then you return it back, the review will never be the same as when you actually paid for it. You are more "laid back", you are cool with inaccuracies etc.

I even got XM statues back then. And sold them immediately. I hated them. I have not seen worst statues ever. Even nowadays, that XM Maestro looks like a big CUSTOM statue, it does not ooze ELEGANCE or ART. It is big, clumsy, brute, unrefined. It looks like a custom statue.

From the 5 JND's i got, only WW 1984 keeps its value in the aftermarket. Basically ALL other JND pieces (not only the 5 i got) can be bought for retail or less.

That tells something. That the market has ALREADY cooled off. JND hype is already gone.

JND fanboys can't accept it, but it is obvious. If JND can't go >90% likeness with the INSANE prices it charges, Blitzway cooperating with Sideshow is going to eat JND alive.

Blitzway provides good sculpts at affordable prices and it isnt also so c..cky.

JND is now at the 2nd stage of XM's cycle (2nd stage=hype slowing dying). If JND is smart, it should listen to Forps to avoid going into the 3rd and 4th cycle.

Even Flankster of all people, "smelled" that JND is overhyped. He now cant sell his WW classic costume cause the hype is non-existent. Even Flankster has a good "eye" nowadays! Lol
Old 05-05-2024, 01:59 PM   #25
God
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

Hm, I'm not sure if I could agree on JND hype dying, I think it's going up rather than down.

Their Korean Stars lineup won't get as much attention from the western audiences, but it has been highly well received by the Korean market. I think that will further bolster their market in that region and we'll see even more statues added to that lineup.

John Wick is also coming up and I'm confident that will be a hit as long as the likeness is good.

Berserk is another product expected from JND that has plenty of interest in the community, even long term collectors of other producers that I have talked to. It will be the first licensed hyperreal statue of Berserk, so that's quite huge in potential.

If they land more anime / manga licenses, as well as start going into video games, that will be quite huge for them.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 02:03 PM   #26
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
Hm, I'm not sure if I could agree on JND hype dying, I think it's going up rather than down.

Their Korean Stars lineup won't get as much attention from the western audiences, but it has been highly well received by the Korean market. I think that will further bolster their market in that region and we'll see even more statues added to that lineup.

John Wick is also coming up and I'm confident that will be a hit as long as the likeness is good.

Berserk is another product expected from JND that has plenty of interest in the community, even long term collectors of other producers that I have talked to. It will be the first licensed hyperreal statue of Berserk, so that's quite huge in potential.

If they land more anime / manga licenses, as well as start going into video games, that will be quite huge for them.
The aftermarket says otherwise though....

Regarding Berserk, i totally agree. It is a huge opportunity for JND, now that hype is dying (do not pay attention to Korean market, it is "their" company, ofc they are hyped for JND).

But it is also a danger for Prime1 that is still asleep.

Prime1, WAKE UP!!!

You thought you were coming for Sideshow, Sideshow KOed you and now competition is coming for you!!! WAKE UP!!!!

Thank you, God, for your replies. You are always polite and your comments are insightful. Thank you!
Old 05-05-2024, 05:51 PM   #27
cooljellow
Frackin!

Quote:

The answer is that i bought them in order to be able to provide true and genuine feedback. It is the problem when you review something that you did not pay for it, EVEN if you then send it back.
Wow, you must have money to burn if your reason is primarily to provide feedback on a statue, even though you don't think it's worth it :-)

Quote:
From the 5 JND's i got, only WW 1984 keeps its value in the aftermarket. Basically ALL other JND pieces (not only the 5 i got) can be bought for retail or less.
I would be interested to know where you are seeing these aftermarket JND's for retail or less? From what I've seen, they have all been marked up from retail.
cooljellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 06:07 PM   #28
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

'Forps is back' true identity is that of a chatGPT script, and therefore any photos of his collection would be AI-generated.

Further conversation with such 'user' would lead to inevitable 'Mongolian Prince' money scams.

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 10:40 PM   #29
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'd say kudos to sideshow for still being competitive despite having multiple competitors.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 12:55 AM   #30
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljellow View Post

I would be interested to know where you are seeing these aftermarket JND's for retail or less? From what I've seen, they have all been marked up from retail.
Facebook groups, and ebay mostly. BBTS still has Bale bats for a big discount and it's been sitting there for months. I don't know what's going on with ebay sales the last few months. It looks like a lot of recasters are making "sales" of 2-3x the original msrp. I don't know if the intention is to manipulate the market or what. Very weird stuff......
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote