Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old Today, 11:58 AM   #261
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I just want to remind you Forps, a company can never love you back, no matter what you do.
I totally agree. Do you ACTUALLY think that a guy the likes of Forps actually wants anything back? I bet that Archangel is the same or Atim or the everyday collector.

We/They don't give a f..k. This is WHY i respect them.

And mind you, i don't totally agree with their taste regarding statues. They have also bought XM or LBS statues (which i personally loathe) or even custom pieces (Forps owns ZERO custom pieces and i'll never own one)

Nevertheless, i respect such guys cause they are not pushing any agenda down community's throat. They do not salivate over companies. They are not fangirling.

But let's end it here. I'm bored of the whole drama. Tubers are one of the two main reasons the hobby is where it is now. I wrote 1-2 things, let's end it here.

Sideshow knows what to do to CLEAN THE MESS in this hobby. She surely does
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #262
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
He means the hype train. Hype showing unpainted sculpts is what allowed XM to get where it is and now you are seeing their hype train crash and burn. This hobby needs to contact not expand.
Oh, okay. That makes sense. Patience and being able to think is paramount in this hobby. These works of art cost a pretty penny. People getting on the hype train and taking decisions to purchase something will definitely not contract the hobby. Companies exploiting passion driven collectors' naivety is sad.
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:25 PM   #263
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
If Sideshow wants to promote her product, she should go to Tubers that have a MEANINGFUL following like MrBeast, you've mentioned (though impossible bearing in mind that he would ask for millions). Tubers having 2k-3k actual views (@their lives or non-Shorts videos) are a WASTE of time and recourses for Sideshow.

That Star Wars grl, carly king was a better choice for promoting Sideshow's Star Wars stuff or bby Yoda. She has >15-20k views in her long-format videos. Or even Adam's Savage's Tested. 100k views in his videos (non-Short one's).

Also sending stuff for reviews to Tubers in this hobby creates relationships Sideshow would probably need to cut (i know that she maybe had some ties with a couple of them). Or else she could become a PRISONER of THEIR AGENDAS subject to change at any given moment.

Sideshow needs 0 pushing or hyping. XM needed, LBS needs, Sideshow doesn't.

I screamed this ~ 1y ago and Sideshow listened (check what i proposed and 2024's Sideshow followed with the result? KOing the competition and selling at least 5x-6x times what her whole competition sells, even in the current climate).

It's a slippery slope to give in to Tubers and also Tubers with ZERO actual influence on this hobby.

You are also mistaking SHORTS followers and subscribers and SHORTS views to VIEWERS of your LIVES, PODS or lengthy videos. Check yourself and you are going to "get" what i'm saying.

Having a relationship with MrBeast or carly king or Adam's Savage's Tested WORKS and could bring new customers on board.

Having ties with Tubers with PEANUTS as views on Tube, won't and you are also endangering becoming a prisoner of their agendas.

There are Tubers Forps' respects (Forps respecting a Tuber, says a lot).

Archangel is one. I love that guy. Or Child of the Atm aka Atim. Or the everyday collector who is the SOLE Tuber asking "hard" questions eg a company had ~70-80 new POs the last year, only delivering what? 7-8 pieces with them also having QC issues? What is happening there ? (an answer would be that "we are now increasing the pace of product delivered" etc, but then he could answer "so, from now on, the community DEMANDS for every 4 POs per month, to also get 4 products in hand". not talking about the fact that with interest rates so high, they are also making money from interest)? Or when he asks what is going on with a reseller/retailer not delivering products to collectors for months and months and months? He asks stuff everyone else is afraid to ask. How anyone could not admire his COURAGE to not SALIVATE over companies or retailers? He has the courage to do it when noone else even dares to raise any question.

Archangel, the everyday collector or Atim are guys the community must preserve AT ALL COSTS. What was the best Tube show? DCX (Darth Castle's one). Atim was there, Archangel started there. That was the best show with minimal agendas getting pushed down collector's throats

One last thing to close this discussion cause i'm bored of Tubers and their agendas. The whole community is probably bored of them.

If i were let's say Prime1 (random company), i would LOVE a guy like Forps stepping in and giving his thoughts or raising questions.

If i were Sideshow, i would love to listen to Tbolt's or qz33 critique regarding D.B. male sculpts.

Forps LOVES VickPS or MPCanes and i beefed with them (crazy fights). I love though listening to their opinions, to their arguments.

We are not living in a "La-la-la" world, guys. Having Tubers constantly SALIVATING all over you or "interviewing" you without asking any REAL question (difficult) i mean, DOES NOT MAKE you better.

The community is here to express her opinions, her worries, her questions. Companies/resellers should do their job, the community/collectors their's.

So let's end it here.

I respect Sideshow, Prime1, ECC, Blitzway, any company that doesn't give in to this madness.
I hear you, Forps. You are very passionate and mean well for the hobby and collectors. I hope SS listens to you. Thank you for taking out the time and sharing all the info, I watch That Star Wars Girl, will check out carly king, Archangel, and Atim. As a Collector, I do not get influenced by anyone's views on something. I know what I want. I listen to opinions and beliefs, but eventually make my own choices. Also, never asked random people on FB if I should buy this statue or that. But I do understand what bandwagons and hype trains do to collectors. Heck, I was on one back in the day (Hot Toys Iron Man), maxed out my CC, took short term loans, and what not.

The allure is uncontrollable, but as you wrote, if Companies/resellers do their job than thinking of just making profits / milking, it would be a win-win for all.
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:35 PM   #264
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB&WSF View Post
I hear you, Forps. You are very passionate and mean well for the hobby and collectors. I hope SS listens to you. Thank you for taking out the time and sharing all the info, I watch That Star Wars Girl, will check out carly king, Archangel, and Atim. Personally, I do not get influenced by anyone's views on something. I'd like to believe that I know what I want (in life). I listen to opinions and beliefs, but eventually make my own choices. Also, never asked random people on FB if I should buy this statue or that. But I do understand what bandwagons and hype trains do to collectors. Heck, I was on one back in the day (Hot Toys Iron Man), maxed out my CC and what not.

The allure is uncontrollable, but as you wrote, if Companies/resellers do their job than thinking of just making profits / milking, it would be a win-win for all.

Do not check them, lol. I simply named 2-3 Tubers with one of them being mauled now by a horde of guys cause he DARED to ask some hard questions, noone else dares to ask. His courage is something this hobby desperately needs. Regarding the Star Wars carly king, it was used as an example of a correct choice Sideshow made/could make in the future. A Tuber with a proven track record, with 15k-20k views at her/his lengthy (non-Shorts) videos, with no agendas to then use against you etc.

My rule is to only trust yourself and your OWN eyes. After you ofc train them to elevate your taste regarding art and sculpts, lol. Forps is here to help you all for the latter,

FACTS, FACTS, FACTS. Keep emotion out of this and beware of people's agendas.

Now back to our discussion. This whole drama the last 2-3 days is insane
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:14 PM   #265
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
The problem with Tubers and why Sideshow MUST cut ANY existing or remaining ties with them

Tubers are one of the 2 biggest problems in this hobby. I won't go into details but let's write 1-2 things.

The biggest problem is.... krrrr KRRrrr ...Krrouiic ...krrrr krrrr....
Krrrr... Krrrr

HOLY BLOODY BUFFY MOLLY!!! Just when it was getting interesting!

Don't worry buddy, I call 911.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:29 PM   #266
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Now back to our discussion. This whole drama the last 2-3 days is insane
Drama past 2 days?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:53 PM   #267
AC_808
Hercules

Ha! ...it's been drama for more than 2 days. Ever since FCB.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote