Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 06:11 AM   #443
Pizza
Doh!

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 10:11 AM   #444
Forps is back
The Avengers

73% likeness for Superman's sculpt and i'm generous here. I don't want to be tooo harsh and write the correct % which is ~ 65% (i also know that attacks from JND's online army are going to ensue. JND is something like a religion for them. It reminds me of the old XM's online army of pushers/hypers).

Clark Kent sculpt though is @ 85-87%. FAR better than Superman's outfit likeness.

Period. End of discussion. Move on, guys.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 11:12 AM   #445
Iko Iko
Fantomah

It is interesting how we judge these non-life size pieces (and I add myself to that category) when in reality, most collectors aren't focusing on a 1/4 or 1/3 headsculpt 2 inches from their face and with super generous lighting once they get it in hand.

In a normal setup, this piece will look great and I do believe the new headsculpt looks more like Reeve.

Now for a life size piece, I think one needs to be a little more critical of the overall sculpt and paint due to how much more noticeable the details are at a normal viewing distance.

Just a thought.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 11:31 AM   #446
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
It is interesting how we judge these non-life size pieces (and I add myself to that category) when in reality, most collectors aren't focusing on a 1/4 or 1/3 headsculpt 2 inches from their face and with super generous lighting once they get it in hand.

In a normal setup, this piece will look great and I do believe the new headsculpt looks more like Reeve.

Now for a life size piece, I think one needs to be a little more critical of the overall sculpt and paint due to how much more noticeable the details are at a normal viewing distance.

Just a thought.

Iko Iko. Well, even Sideshow's Reeves PFF n2 can be easily recognized as Reeves from outsiders of the hobby and it has a 40% likeness. This is not an argument.

JND and her online army (which is also intimidating anyone who dares to challenge JND's ability to achieve >90% likeness) claim to be the best company.

Its prices are extreme for what it offers so the criticism would be different than let's say if the cost for this was 1000 bucks.

Enough sugarcoating. At these prices, anything UNDER 90% likeness, is unacceptable. The community must STAND UP and demand to get the quality it deserves for the money it pays.

Harley (and i have it) had a 40% likeness, WW classic costume 55%, Batman and Mera 65%. This is @ 73% at most. The only hits by JND are Connery (still not produced though), WW 1984 (i have it) and Clark Kent. All others are wayyyyyyyyyyyy below 80% likeness.

Stop sugarcoating. The amount of salivating over companies and especially companies charging insane prices, is crazy.

Ohh and the fact that many collectors are scared to express their opinion regarding JND in order not to get attacked is also outrageous. Its THEIR opinion, you know.

I like you, but it is time for us, the community, to held companies accountable. For such insane prices, we want >90%. No-matter-what.

"But, but, but, Forps if you see it from the side, it looks better...But, but, but, Forps if you see it straight, it looks better....Or but, but, but Forps if you don't come close enough, it looks perfect".

Time for us, collectors and the community to stand up. You are charging INSANE prices = be READY to accept criticism
Old 05-05-2024, 12:06 PM   #447
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Iko Iko. Well, even Sideshow's Reeves PFF n2 can be easily recognized as Reeves from outsiders of the hobby and it has a 40% likeness. This is not an argument.

JND and her online army (which is also intimidating anyone who dares to challenge JND's ability to achieve >90% likeness) claim to be the best company.

Its prices are extreme for what it offers so the criticism would be different than let's say if the cost for this was 1000 bucks.

Enough sugarcoating. At these prices, anything UNDER 90% likeness, is unacceptable. The community must STAND UP and demand to get the quality it deserves for the money it pays.

Harley (and i have it) had a 40% likeness, WW classic costume 55%, Batman and Mera 65%. This is @ 73% at most. The only hits by JND are Connery (still not produced though), WW 1984 (i have it) and Clark Kent. All others are wayyyyyyyyyyyy below 80% likeness.

Stop sugarcoating. The amount of salivating over companies and especially companies charging insane prices, is crazy.

Ohh and the fact that many collectors are scared to express their opinion regarding JND in order not to get attacked is also outrageous. Its THEIR opinion, you know.

I like you, but it is time for us, the community, to held companies accountable. For such insane prices, we want >90%. No-matter-what.

"But, but, but, Forps if you see it from the side, it looks better...But, but, but, Forps if you see it straight, it looks better....Or but, but, but Forps if you don't come close enough, it looks perfect".

Time for us, collectors and the community to stand up. You are charging INSANE prices = be READY to accept criticism
If you think so little of JND's work, there's a quick and simple solution - don't buy it. It's ridiculous to drone on and on about how bad their work is, yet you (supposedly) spend money on it.....and my comments have nothing to do with being a "fanboy" - it's just plain common sense.

I've read post after post - of you blowing your horn about having an artistic eye, yet according to your own statements, half of your imaginary collection is filled with trash....I guess you have the spending control of a crack addict to go along with that "artistic eye".

JND aren't forcing anyone to like or buy their products, no company is......"Period. End of discussion. Move on, guys"
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:10 PM   #448
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

One thing I've noticed with this versus the old is the skin on his face has that exact same aged look that the Bale Batman unmasked had which I HATED. The sculpt improved but the silicone paint and application gave him the old man skin that the other one didn't have nearly as much but that older sculpt looked tired.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:20 PM   #449
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
If you think so little of JND's work, there's a quick and simple solution - don't buy it. It's ridiculous to drone on and on about how bad their work is, yet you (supposedly) spend money on it.....and my comments have nothing to do with being a "fanboy" - it's just plain common sense.

I've read post after post - of you blowing your horn about having an artistic eye, yet according to your own statements, half of your imaginary collection is filled with trash....I guess you have the spending control of a crack addict to go along with that "artistic eye".

JND aren't forcing anyone to like or buy their products, no company is......"Period. End of discussion. Move on, guys"

Well, well, well.

One of JND's first fanboys. Sometimes he tries to play it differently but he can't fool us.

This argument (do not write if you don't like it) is the same argument that other guys used in the past. And it didn't end well for humanity.

ALL collectors have the RIGHT to express their opinion. JND pushers nowadays (XM's pushers back in the days) must accept it.Or you want to live in an echo chamber?

This behaviour (banning of different opinions, belittling collectors who don't like JND's products or even JND's ----..ness) is what brought this hobby to its dire condition today.

This is not a JND group to only allow 1 opinion. This is an OPEN forum.

Accept different opinions, stop fangirling and pushing JND's agenda and LET OTHER PEOPLE express their opinion. Democracy lesson delivered
Old 05-05-2024, 01:31 PM   #450
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
But when other companies have achieved better likenesses on smaller, cheaper pieces (the Hot Toys figure comes to mind), it makes missing the mark less excusable.

And for the amount JND charge, it should look good from any distance. What's the point of silicone, glass eyes, and rooted hair if we were only meant to enjoy these from afar?
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote