Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #741
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

kate mara is like the whitest white chick i've ever seen lol I dont see how they're gonna say shes mixed race, but whatever I guess, maybe they are just doing this to stir up some controversy to try and get some people in the movie seats lol I wont be one of them
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #742
MrYac
Hercules

yeah considering their dad really has no reason to be in the movie at all I honestly see no other reason of them casting him as a black guy then to stick it to the "well the torch shouldn't be black" crowd. and agreed with Quickie there is no way in HELL Kate Mara has a drop of biracialness in her
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:43 PM   #743
Vallos
Jubilee

There are a lot of bi-racial actors out there. They could not find two that will fit the bill? It just seems like the casting director didn't get the memo.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:15 PM   #744
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Trank must die.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #745
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
So the fact that neither Kate Mara or Michael B. Jordan appear to be of mixed race doesn't bother you? The only logical explanation if they have a white mother would be that they only share one parent or one/both are adopted. Seems unnecessarily convoluted if you ask me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I've seen people from mixed races with stronger traits from either race. It happens.
All due respect Bulls I'm in a mixed-race family and associate with literally dozens of other families of mixed race from every spectrum and combination imaginable. While you are correct in stating that in some instances one parents genetics come through stronger than the other, in every case our children always share traits of both parents; typically is a 60/40 split. In this case you have two actors that separately, but very distinctly, embody Caucasian and African-American traits.

As one of the other members said, I don't know why they want to unnecessarily confuse the situation.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #746
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

im shocked that Marvel or Sony or Fox or whoever owns the rights to the F4 approved all of this.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #747
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
All due respect Bulls I'm in a mixed-race family and associate with literally dozens of other families of mixed race from every spectrum and combination imaginable. While you are correct in stating that in some instances one parents genetics come through stronger than the other, in every case our children always share traits of both parents; typically is a 60/40 split. In this case you have two actors that separately, but very distinctly, embody Caucasian and African-American traits.

As one of the other members said, I don't know why they want to unnecessarily confuse the situation.
there isn't anything wrong with mixed racial families. heck the majority of us are multiracial to some degree.

only way i see it working is if Johnny's father who is black. and Sue's mother who is white. and both of them had children before they met.
and then got married when the kids were at a very young age and Sue took Johnny's fathers last name when he adopted her.
and thats fine. ok cool. but seriously. i really think Truckleberry is just trying to mix things up for the hell of it in thinking he is going to be hailed as some sort of film making genius.
this just isn't going to be the F4 as they are known in the comic universe.. its going to be a film loosely based on the characters from that group of superheroes.
which it a pretty bold move. bold but stupid.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:48 AM   #748
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
there isn't anything wrong with mixed racial families. heck the majority of us are multiracial to some degree.

only way i see it working is if Johnny's father who is black. and Sue's mother who is white. and both of them had children before they met.
and then got married when the kids were at a very young age and Sue took Johnny's fathers last name when he adopted her.
and thats fine. ok cool. but seriously. i really think Truckleberry is just trying to mix things up for the hell of it in thinking he is going to be hailed as some sort of film making genius.
this just isn't going to be the F4 as they are known in the comic universe.. its going to be a film loosely based on the characters from that group of superheroes.
which it a pretty bold move. bold but stupid.
The blended family will be the best way to go but as I said it smacks of over complicating things and being controversial for the sake of. Should have let Miley Cyrus play Sue in that case
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #749
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Angry

Fvck you Trank
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:19 AM   #750
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Fvck you Trank
If it wasn't Trank it'd have been somebody else. It's the studio who's calling the shots, not the director.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote