Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #141
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Good grief can people get off the race of Johnny Storm? It was a rumor like four months ago and not a peep since. I doubt it was anything more than a floated idea at the time probably because the person who worked on Chronicle liked the actor. There is a new writer in. My guess is this is going to be a family unit that follows pretty closely to cannon. So until you actually see a confirmed cast lineup, give it a rest. I don't know how many times I've heard Black Panther brought up for everything from Kingpin to Heimdall. And speaking of Black Panther, I would like to see him in an Avengers movie (moreso that Falcon).
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #142
MrYac
Hercules

I've always felt Tom Hanks could play a hell of a T'Challa
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:34 AM   #143
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
You haven't answered any questions. You've given your opinion, just like everyone else on here. You're no more more an authority on this subject than the rest of us.
I answered questions like, if "Luke Cage's race matters?" (yes, it does) and "why isn't a white person's color of their skin as important as that of the black colored characters?" (it actually depends on the character, but most white comic book characters aren't written where their race defines them unlike many black comic book characters.)

And when I read insensitive statements here like "they got a friggin President..." with multiple "good post" smilies posted in response, it's clear I'm more of an authority on race relations than some of you.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #144
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Non comic book fans movie goers have seen JS as a white man twice. They have never seen either Black Panter or Luke Cage on the big screen so they could easily be changed. There would be confusion if JStorm's race is changed. In many ways BP is a copy of Phantom.
Are you seriously saying the general public would find a black Human Torch less believable than a white Black Panther, leader of an African nation or a white Luke Cage who grew up as a gang member in predominantly black Harlem, NY?
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #145
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Non comic book fans movie goers have seen JS as a white man twice. They have never seen either Black Panter or Luke Cage on the big screen so they could easily be changed. There would be confusion if JStorm's race is changed. In many ways BP is a copy of Phantom.
In a re-boot race plays no option.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #146
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Are you seriously saying the general public would find a black Human Torch less believable than a white Black Panther, leader of an African nation or a white Luke Cage who grew up as a gang member in predominantly black Harlem, NY?
I don't think the general public have heard of either character to give an opinion. For sure the comic fans and civil rights lobby would not be happy.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #147
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
In a re-boot race plays no option.
Possibly but I don't think characters should be changed that significantly. Blame for lack of diversity in characters lays with the comic book publishers. It is up to them to come up with interesting and relevant characters for each part of society. Characters like say Green Lantern have opened up opportunities for different races to take the lead character. So DC has has an opportunity in say Justice League to introduce John Stewart.

Would people be happy to see Blade rebooted with a White or Asian actor?

In circumstances race change has worked like Kingpin. Brilliant piece of casting. Now I'm making an argument for change.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #148
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

This discussion has me scratching my head. Of course T'Challa is black. Of course Luke Cage is black. And of course Johnny Storm is white. They just are.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #149
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
This discussion has me scratching my head. Of course T'Challa is black. Of course Luke Cage is black. And of course Johnny Storm is white. They just are.
Agreed Joe. But for some reason people see no issue with making significant changes yet would disagree with changes in the opposite direction.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #150
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I answered questions like, if "Luke Cage's race matters?" (yes, it does) and "why isn't a white person's color of their skin as important as that of the black colored characters?" (it actually depends on the character, but most white comic book characters aren't written where their race defines them unlike many black comic book characters.)

And when I read insensitive statements here like "they got a friggin President..." with multiple "good post" smilies posted in response, it's clear I'm more of an authority on race relations than some of you.
poppycock. ethnicity is one of the major factors of defining one's existence. plain and simple. weather they be black or white. red or yellow blue or green.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote