Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-16-2015, 11:47 PM   #31
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
The longer I am in this game, the more analytical, cynical and skeptical I become. Nothing wrong with wishful thinking though, I clearly do a lot of that in a daily basis, but my experience as a long time collector tells me to be more realistic.

Clearly, there are things that are possible to accomplish while others are just impractical. I still marvel when companies bend the rules, specially when they are successful. In this case, some design adjustments need to be made to have a larger scale as a viable option. I wouldn't mind a 1/6 diorama, as long as the base is smaller and not the focal point of the entire piece.
Here you mention rules. What rules?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:23 AM   #32
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
You're wrong. That's your opinion, not fact. Don't even pretend your opinion is the rule. You can cite all the years you've been a collector and you can cite all the statues you have, but that doesn't convert your opinion into fact.

Everybody's living situation is different. Some have more display space than others. Besides this piece has a modular base. You can make the base small or big. Even the popularity of the 1/6 scale XM Diorama proves that there are many collectors that have the space.

I can appreciate your opinion, but not if you make it out to be fact.
Quote:
Here you mention rules. What rules?
Your opinion is not realistic. Idealistic but improbable. If this was the case, you would see more 1/6 dioramas around, but they are very rare to find. Do you know why? Because large dioramas deter people from buying due to space and display limitations. At the end of the day, this is a business and companies produce what sells. That is the fact. Why do you think DC sticks with the smaller scale dioramas? Why do you think Sideshow stop producing them long time ago? Why do you think companies get a hard time by collectors every time they try to come up with a new larger concept? Because after all is said and done, consumers only but what sits well with their collections.

Considering the XM diorama, which by the way has not yet been produced (and probably never will) as proof of your statement is very unreasonable. Most people that I know, and I got a large number of collector friends, were only interested in buying a few of the pieces to complete their collections. I was planning to do do the same. After years of collecting, I have a vast amount of pieces that in reality I do not need doubles or triples of the same character. Where am I supposed to display them? The larger you collection grows, the more concious of the space you become. There is nothing worse than to keep pieces in storage, or for them to look distasteful in a crowded display. I don't know about you, kid. But I had enough of that.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:28 AM   #33
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Your opinion is not realistic. Idealistic but improbable. If this was the case, you would see more 1/6 dioramas around, but they are very rare to find. Do you know why? Because large dioramas deter people from buying due to space and display limitations. At the end of the day, this is a business and companies produce what sells. That is the fact. Why do you think DC sticks with the smaller scale dioramas? Why do you think Sideshow stop producing them long time ago? Why do you think companies get a hard time by collectors every time they try to come up with a new larger concept? Because after all is said and done, consumers only but what sits well with their collections.

Considering the XM diorama, which by the way has not yet been produced (and probably never will) as proof of your statement is very unreasonable. Most people that I know, and I got a large number of collector friends, were only interested in buying a few of the pieces to complete their collections. I was planning to do do the same. After years of collecting, I have a vast amount of pieces that in reality I do not need doubles or triples of the same character. Where am I supposed to display them? The larger you collection grows, the more concious of the space you become. There is nothing worse than to keep pieces in storage, or for them to look distasteful in a crowded display. I don't know about you, kid. But I had enough of that.
You're still wrong. You keep making the same mistake of thinking your opinion is fact. You make up "rules" in your head and think all companies must follow them. You think your situation is the same for everyone. You also speculate and then think its fact. Its an "old-fart" mentality and stubbornness ...thinking your opinion is fact. All wrong!
Old 06-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #34
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
You're still wrong. You keep making the same mistake of thinking your opinion is fact. You make up "rules" in your head and think all companies must follow them. You think your situation is the same for everyone. You also speculate and then think its fact. Its an "old-fart" mentality and stubbornness ...thinking your opinion is fact. All wrong!
"Old-fart"? WTF you think you are talking to? Your ignorance disguised as knowledge is laughable. Keep dreaming, kid. Let's see how far can you go with your idealistic mentality. Stubborn A-holes like you is what make this forum fun. Keep throwing the insults, because that is all you got. No facts, just personal attacks to those that disagree with your view. Who is wrong now?
Old 06-17-2015, 11:11 AM   #35
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
"Old-fart"? WTF you think you are talking to? Your ignorance disguised as knowledge is laughable. Keep dreaming, kid. Let's see how far can you go with your idealistic mentality. Stubborn A-holes like you is what make this forum fun. Keep throwing the insults, because that is all you got. No facts, just personal attacks to those that disagree with your view. Who is wrong now?
Wrong again! No insults were thrown.

It's interesting ...and comical ...how your brain thinks. I didn't call you an old-fart ...only used that word to describe the mentality and stubbornness. Yet you immediately thought of yourself when you read it. Perhaps it's because you called me kid that made you think that word was for you.

And now you mention facts when you had none to back up your statement to begin with. You throw your weight around, but you can't handle it when it's the other way around.

Just plain wrong.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:30 AM   #36
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Wrong again! No insults were thrown.

It's interesting ...and comical ...how your brain thinks. I didn't call you an old-fart ...only used that word to describe the mentality and stubbornness. Yet you immediately thought of yourself when you read it. Perhaps it's because you called me kid that made you think that word was for you.

And now you mention facts when you had none to back up your statement to begin with. You throw your weight around, but you can't handle it when it's the other way around.

Just plain wrong.
Show me a real example of a 1/6 scale Diorama of this magnitude so I can say you are right. You cannot use the XM Sentinel as a visual reference because that piece was never produced beyond the computer rendering. It looks cool on the drawing board but it was never tested in a real physical application.

And to clarify to you once again (it seems that you only have selective reading abilities), I never said that I was against a 1/6 scale diorama. I said, that it was improbable with the dimensions of this design as it is right now. In order to be a viable option, it needs to be adjusted to size. That is not being close-minded or with a "old-fart" mentality as you called it, that is being practical and realistic. You need to learn some of that.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #37
AC_808
Hercules

Wrong again! This time your confused.

I stated my preference. You countered with your self proclaimed fact ...which was actually your opinion, just to clarify. Now you need to support your "fact".

Go back. Think about it. Come back with data to support your claim. Then reply back to me.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:56 AM   #38
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Wrong again! This time your confused.

I stated my preference. You countered with your self proclaimed fact ...which was actually your opinion, just to clarify. Now you need to support your "fact".

Go back. Think about it. Come back with data to support your claim. Then reply back to me.
Do you have anything better to say than "you are wrong!"? You are a joke. Do you even understand plan english? By now, I really doubt it. Like I said before, give me an example. Otherwise, you are only making things up as you go.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:09 PM   #39
AC_808
Hercules

You're still wrong! You don't have data to support your statement!

I know you understand my English ...and I'm not doing your work for you. Go back and do your research.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:18 PM   #40
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
You're still wrong! You don't have data to support your statement!

I know you understand my English ...and I'm not doing your work for you. Go back and do your research.
Blah...blah is all I hear.