Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-09-2022, 11:04 AM   #781
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
Are they planning to produce 1/4 scales as well? Would be nice to see that happen for more variety.
They would be competing with XM.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 11:55 AM   #782
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I guess the days of the Andy Bergholtz custom MadX Hulk selling for $5000+ are done

I'm sure the 1/4 scale collectors will still have a spot for the MadX Hulk, but it's great to see this Officially Licensed LBS piece completely blow the doors off a similar looking high-regarded custom. I rarely if ever prefer unlicensed customs over licensed officials pieces.

sculpted pants look soooooooooooooooooo much better than mixed media toddler infant pants
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 12:28 PM   #783
Iko Iko
Fantomah

For me, this is more my style of Hulk so I think it is slightly better than Hulk Transformation (which is still an amazing looking piece). This LBS Hulk looks massive though (rightly so) so it is probably a no for me. I still need a 1/4 Hulk and I am hoping SSC gives us a new one for SDCC.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 01:42 PM   #784
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Bowen's Classic Green Hulk will always and forever be my favorite Hulk statue. for me it's the perfect representation of the character.

But aside from my personal, sentimental connection to that amazing statue that was my first-love Hulk statue...roaring rampaging Modern Hulk is the Best Hulk statue i've ever seen It's really unbelievable, it's incredible. It's almost a perfect statue, it's probably the closest anyone will ever get making a perfect realistic Hulk statue at this scale. I'm not 100% sold on the head sculpt but it looks great 90% of the time on most angles, the ore i look at it, the more i think it's awesome. It's known im not a fan of MCU looking hulks. When i made those comparison pics of the 1/2 NECA Head & 1/2 LBS Head ...also the Half Bowen Classic Green Roaring Hulk Head & 1/2 LBS head, it was clear to me it certainly is similar to NECA's Ultron Hulk head, but this head also had a Bowen Classic Green Smackdown Hulk feel to it with the wideness of the face, which i immediately realized when i made those comparisons. I think i would've made the head sculpt a little more "brute" looking with larger features....but this head sculpt it a home run, it's a winner for sure.

The size and scale are staggering. the detail at this scale just jumps out. It's the biggest baddest Hulk i've ever seen and with Hulk size really does matter.

The physique is the most impressive Hulk physique i've ever seen. The thickness of physique is perfect. The proportions and separation of muscle groups have been masterfully sculpted. At this scale it's really a sight to behold, the pics look good, but this piece really shines in the videos. i hope LBS does a 360 video to highlight this extraordinary physique sculpt. I'm not crazy about the vein going to his chest tho, but it does add to how insanely pumped up the Hulk is which i can get behind.

The pose is ideal, almost perfect. Simple Museum pose with just enough action in it. i love how this line are mostly Museum pose sculpts it's so nice to see. I would've like to see the legs a little straighter, but they gave him a more athletic pose:about to run, jump and smash, which i can also get behind. but i would've lied to see the legs a couple degrees - just a couple notches straighter. no harm done at all. ti love that the pose shows off Hulk in an unobstructed way that is true to the character.

The torn pants are PERFECTION. I think they are perfect. They are detailed just as i would want to see them. They look so good it's weird im so impressed by ripped hulk pants.

I think the hands and feet are great. This is big for me, not because i have a foot fesith, it's because Hulk's hands and feet are VERY unique compared to others. I agree with Jaws the aside from the big toe, the other 4 toes are a little long. He should have these short thick hulk toes, but aside from that i think the Hulk hands and Hulk feet on the roaring modern sculpt are awesome. the open hands on the other sculpt do look GIGANTIC, but not wrong.

I'm not crazy about the story telling base. No biggie, it's a base. but i think it's more distracting that anything. When Sideshow started making these on their Jason and Freddy Horror pieces i wasn't a fan., im to to crazy about it here, but small potatoes. It's AWESOME we can separate the base for display options.

Overall, after seeing all the Hulk statues that have been released. All of the opportunities to deliver something like this, no one has. The closest is Bowen Design with the Savage and Variant Hulk. This is similar to them but realistic, gigantic with a 10X more detailed sculpt. LBS Nailed it. Congratulations, i do think it's as good as you guys thought it was. I'm going to buy the Modern Rampaging. The Retro is cool but i don't think the body fits the head as good as this one, the kirby head is a little underwhelming for me. It's going to take all the stars to align for a company to dethrone this statue. It may take a long time, it may never happen. This is special.

nice looking crew @ LBS. They looks like nice people. They should be very proud of themselves, they are absolutely advancing the hobby in the right direction.

but may they NEVER, EVER pull that soon, soon 4-months of sneaks Bull ---- on us ever again. That was horrible. Really terrible.

i will be first minute PO'ing the Modern Roaring Version.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 11:00 PM   #785
Danii99
Birdman

Seems to be $2100 for modern & around 3k all 3 torsos ultimate package. Modern & Rage Hulk 249 ES each. Kirby Hulk Green & Grey 101 ES each. Ultimate pack all 3 torsos will be 299 ES with torso stands.

39H w/ base & 32H without base. 24 in. width & 16 deep per Jays measurements.
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 11:27 PM   #786
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Torn between grey and modern. Guess I better choose soon.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 12:52 AM   #787
Danii99
Birdman

Grey is already a lock for me.
Old 07-10-2022, 12:53 AM   #788
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii99 View Post

39H w/ base & 32H without base. 24 in. width & 16 deep per Jays measurements.
I'm really surprised that it's only 24 wide and 16 deep. I might be able to make him fit after all.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 01:00 AM   #789
Danii99
Birdman

Look up Sickmansion Collectibles recent Youtube live video, he had Jay on there & he got all info.
Old 07-10-2022, 02:01 AM   #790
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Well if 3K is what they are asking for to obtain all 3 torsos. Count me in for all three!
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote