Gotcha.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 05:02 PM   #222
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
I was holding funds for more MYC stuff, but looks like they folded today so I'm in.
And this is ultimately why the license holders had to finally step in, no money from their IP?s when letting unlicensed work take all the sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Looks like they finally got a cease and desist.
It?s way past time for that to have happened. It is out of control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Assuming the saber lights up, I'd have no problem fitting this in with normal PFs. It's not as Mythos-y as prior statues (i.e. not that much of an original pose or setting), especially since the Obi-Wan show. No lame flaming saber nor emitter embellishment, nor pencil thin rapier. Saber looks how it's supposed to look.

Thumbs up, for me.
Same for me. It would look great as a standalone movie piece for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I really do like fabric on some pieces but there so much of the visual appeal of both this and Windu are so dependent on the buyer posing the fabric.

May have to wait it out to see what happens in hand.
Collectors need to invest in a small steamer to get rid of the wrinkles and make it easier to work with out of the box. Then they can achieve the epic looks.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:43 AM   #223
MPCanes
The X-Men

Getting back on topic, this may be my favorite PF sideshow has revealed in years - the simplicity of the base, the pose, all of that glorious mixed media - need this one with their top factory.
MPCanes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 10:04 AM   #224
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Getting back on topic, this may be my favorite PF sideshow has revealed in years - the simplicity of the base, the pose, all of that glorious mixed media - need this one with their top factory.
FACTS!!

This Obi-Wan Mythos is the EPITOME of ART.

I analyzed it in a previous post. The details, the mixed media, its whole AURA scream ART.

If Sideshow doesnt go bananas with pricing, i can easily see it having >5000 edition size even in the current market where nothing sells.

I will probably get 2, just for the love of the art.

All 3 Star Wars pieces were excellent, but this Obi-Wan is ridiculous.

This piece IS art. This is why we collect. This is an ART PIECE, it is not a simple statue. Nothing more to discuss.

(mind you. Obi-Wan is my favourite Star Wars character. I never liked Luke or Han Solo or Vader etc. Obi-Wan and Alec+Ewan have always been my favourite Star Wars actors).
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 02:13 PM   #225
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I think it'll be well short of that given the current market, but then again, there haven't been many (or any) licensed Mace statues, so there may be a pent-up demand here.
IcedDog, i'm talking about Obi-Wan Mythos 1/4 here, not Mace Windu. The edition size for Mace will ofc be way lower.

But this Obi-Wan is a masterpiece. This isnt simple a statue, this is ART at its finest.

Let's see final pricing cause the sculpt, mixed media etc are all marvellous. I'll make my final estimate regarding ES, after pricing is revealed
Old 05-05-2024, 02:20 PM   #226
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Let's see final pricing cause the sculpt, mixed media etc are all marvellous. I'll make my final estimate regarding ES, after pricing is revealed
Sideshow better spend the money to get this done right and charge accordingly. Otherwise this will be just another pretty proto.

Both this and Mace are going to be a challenge to mass produce and do Sideshow's advertising shots justice.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 02:31 PM   #227
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
IcedDog, i'm talking about Obi-Wan Mythos 1/4 here, not Mace Windu. The edition size for Mace will ofc be way lower.
Yep, my bad, wrong thread. This Kenobi could have a sizable ES...popular character and it's essentially a remake of the OG Mythos that is highly regarded, and in a more popular scale.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 12:17 PM   #228
Forps is back
The Avengers

If Sideshow prices it correctly and if production keeps up, then this a GRAIL for the ages.

Guys, the AURA of this piece is out of this world. This piece can easily be placed in a living room or in art gallery.

It exudes ELEGANCE, it oozes craftmanship.

Obi-Wan is the best character in Star Wars saga and this piece captures its essence.

Show me ONE piece by JND or by Queen or name any company that creates this immense feeling that you are in front of a unique piece of art, of human craftmanship and imagination.

Name me ONE piece that reaches Mount Rushmore's of sculpting elegance.

This is the kind of art that makes a grown-man's eyes teary.

Sideshow = ARTHOUSE

Period. End of discussion.
Old 05-12-2024, 04:02 PM   #229
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

This is Kenobi's third Mythos, and they've done two of Vader and Maul...so I have to believe a new Fett is on the way...or did the Book Of Boba Fett kill it Regardless, I'd like to see the Mythos treatment with his black undergarments, which I actually prefer over the original gray anyway (I can hear the calls of blasphemy already )
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 07:28 PM   #230
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
This is Kenobi's third Mythos
It's actually the 4th. The new PF, 2 at 1/5, and one at 1/6.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote