Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #101
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I was mainly saying that it doesn't have to be a PF to be 1/4 if that's what people are thinking. It seems that some collectors are under the impression that only the PF line is 1/4.

An IM PF just doesn't make any sense to me. Real metal? What else could they do? Another comiquette would be great though.
You sure as heck aren't helping this PF IM thread C! Sheesh! Oh, by the way, I know this is coming out of left field, but Bioshock on the 360 is frikkin awesome! Playing that along with FF X on the PS3. Sorry to digress everyone!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #102
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyz1on View Post
I think a lot of people say this because both of those statues mentioned lend themsleve very well to what a PF statue is. And that is Mixed Media. Doom is metal with a cloth cloak in the comics and is poly and cloth in a PF. Stormtroopers are essentially plastic armor and cloth in the movies and wolud look great as a poly cloth PF.

Ironman is iron in the comics What is the other mixed media component that would be included in the PF?? Not really anything on the statue itself as it would be be pure poly and paint. SS could add a different media to the base call it a PF like they did with the Creature from the Black Lagoon but it would still essentially be a an IM commiquette on a mixed media base.

The pose or interpretation of a statue has nothing to do with it's format. A PF is a mixed media statue that is done in 1/4 scale. A comiquette is poly statue that can be done in differing scales. The existing IM commiquettes are in 1/4 scale the same as PF's. The art it's based on and the pose used have nothing to do with the format the statue is in.

Which one of these armor types or poses is a PF?

None, but they could all make great 1/4 scale comiquettes.

Same goes for the Silver Surfer as a PF I really only see three ways to do it. Make him a poly statue with a little silver stretchy speedo...ewww, Chrome drip him to essentially make him poly and chrome or make his board and or metal making him poly and metal. Mixed media is what defines a PF.

Of course I'm really high on drugs right now as I am recovering from surgery. So this will either make sense or I need to cut back on the dosage

Cheers
NOT COMIQUETTES DARN IT!!! PFS ONLY!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #103
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
You sure as heck aren't helping this PF IM thread C! Sheesh! Oh, by the way, I know this is coming out of left field, but Bioshock on the 360 is frikkin awesome! Playing that along with FF X on the PS3. Sorry to digress everyone!
Sorry. I guess I don't understand why people would insist on a PF of a character that has no mixed media.

Bioshock is fantastic, right?!
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #104
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Now you're just talkin crazy.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #105
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Sorry. I guess I don't understand why people would insist on a PF of a character that has no mixed media.

Bioshock is fantastic, right?!
Trilogy had already stated that PF's don't have to be mixed media.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #106
Tyz1on
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:

then please describe this mixed media Iron Man PF. What specific materials will he be made from ???????????????????????????????????????????

There is NO difference between a 1/4 scale comiquette and a 1/4 scale Premium Format. I really don't see why that is so hard to understand.
Tyz1on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #107
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Trilogy had already stated that PF's don't have to be mixed media.
Trilogy's word means nothing to me. Mixed media IS the PF line.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #108
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyz1on View Post
then please describe this mixed media Iron Man PF. What specific materials will he be made from ???????????????????????????????????????????
PF's dont have to be mixed media. And even if they do, the repulsor and chest areas can be made of fibreglass or something similar. The helmet, and inside the helmet could contain some type of rubberish material. The base can be made of different materials. I agree IM is not the type of character that is first on the list of mixed media statues.

But question, if they do a Silver Surfer PF, do you think it needs different materials? I don't think so. So why can't they just make a PF of IM in a different pose and maybe different armor. Like Robocop has some plastic parts to it, IM could have the same thing. Maybe the arm would have his missle launcher raised and that could be made of a different material..
Old 05-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #109
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
PF's dont have to be mixed media. And even if they do, the repulsor and chest areas can be made of fibreglass or something similar. The helmet, and inside the helmet could contain some type of rubberish material. The base can be made of different materials. I agree IM is not the type of character that is first on the list of mixed media statues.

But question, if they do a Silver Surfer PF, do you think it needs different materials? I don't think so. So why can't they just make a PF of IM in a different pose and maybe different armor. Like Robocop has some plastic parts to it, IM could have the same thing. Maybe the arm would have his missle launcher raised and that could be made of a different material..
Ever felt like you were getting nowhere? Ok....if you say a PF doesn't have to be a PF, then I'll go along. I just want another IM statue from SS. At least we both agree on that
Old 05-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #110
Tyz1on
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:

Thank you. Now you have described a PF.

But do you see my point about a straight poly statue and there being no difference between a comiquette and a PF?

I just get the impression that you think a PF is something that it is not. And yes if they do a PF of silver surfer then by Sideshows very definition then it will be mixed media. If it's an all poly sculpt and it's 1/7, 1/6, 1/5 or 1/4 scale then it's a comiquette. If Sideshow want to change the definition of it's own terms then fine that's their right.
Tyz1on is offline   Reply With Quote