Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
kewlcool
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just received the Vader, i put it on par with the Predator, nuff said.
kewlcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 PM   #22
azurepred
Zot

Who in their right mind would still buy that superman? If you get vader, just keep his helm on, the silicon looks like the kind they would use with breast implants, doesn't look like real skin at all.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #23
Mirak
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Who in their right mind would still buy that superman? If you get vader, just keep his helm on, the silicon looks like the kind they would use with breast implants, doesn't look like real skin at all.
I have him displayed with the helmet on but I have to say that the headsculpt isn't bad at all ,
when you overexpose it in bright daylight then you might get that effect of cheap silicon but it isn't the case

Mirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #24
kewlcool

I think Mirak's pics says it all, it's a pretty epic piece.

And the silicon likeness is pretty awesome.
kewlcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #25
enzo
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I have both as well, and for me it is vader all the way.. Supes is a great piece and the likeness is there in real time, at least for me it is. I mirror a post above when they said that vader is on par with the pred. The presence alone this piece has is something else. everything from his highly polished armor, the head sculpt in silicon, the fabric choices and tailoring.. they are all knocked out of the park. hes huge in comparison to the other human pieces in the line. the lighsaber is just he icing on the cake as not only does it light from the hilt to the end, but it extinguishes fro end to hilt and is bright throughout. all in all this is the best piece in my collection currently.
enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #26
Sith Lord
Doh!

i'd get neither as i feel my hard earned moolah can go to better pieces, the advent of exemplary sculpting on some 1/6 and 1/4 scale has ante'd up my expectations. Happened to pass by a store who sells the CM Supes, was a head-turner alright, like what happened to his face. Vader on the other hand, i'm torn between the HS or the helmet. I'm sure the SW gurus out there can easily point out the misses on the dome / sculpt. best to keep the money for now
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #27
Rauko

It would be the Superman for me. The gracious museum pose makes it a much more pleasant statue to look at.

Vader on the other hand suffers a lot from the horribly mishandled pose (legs and fist) and helmet inconsistencies. It is still an immense quality piece alright as far as finish goes but overall it looks rather goofy.
Rauko is offline   Reply With Quote