Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 05-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #11
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
1 thing i always wondered about a lot of the zombie movies is how exactly do they raise from the grave anyway, a casket and 6 feet of dirt seems like quite the task for somebody to get out of
I don't think that in a Romero/Kirkman situation, the dead rise from their graves. The zombies are mostly made up of those not yet buried or cremated when the virus hit and all those since bitten. It's kind of a you bite four, then they four bite four, and so on, and so on and so on. If a stiff is unfortunate enough to re-animate 6 feet under, then I imagine they'd just pound away 'til they're mush.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #12
MrYac
Hercules

some were from graves in NotLD, Barbera starts off in a cemetary remember
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #13
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Personally, I think if this happened, we'd be screwed. It'd spread too fast and panic would set in. Game over man! At the end of the day, we're a bunch of push overs. I do think that under Romero rules, the human race could survive, but not before taking 75 to 80% cut. I wouldn't make it....it's not worth living without electricity.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #14
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I don't think that in a Romero/Kirkman situation, the dead rise from their graves. The zombies are mostly made up of those not yet buried or cremated when the virus hit and all those since bitten. It's kind of a you bite four, then they four bite four, and so on, and so on and so on. If a stiff is unfortunate enough to re-animate 6 feet under, then I imagine they'd just pound away 'til they're mush.
No, they don't rise from the graves. It's the recently dead...though Romero never really specified how recent. I guess the chemicals or radiation don't penetrate the ground....I don't know hehe...though you have a good point about them not being able to get out. It's always funny with you see the hand shoot up from the ground in some movies. I guess they were buried without a coffin hehe.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
some were from graves in NotLD, Barbera starts off in a cemetary remember
Yeah, but I'm not sure that the old-fart zombie who attacked her dug himself out of a grave. I always thought he was just some old guy who was bitten, or someone from a hearse, or a nearby mortuary, maybe even from a casket not yet planted.

In Return of the Living Dead, the zombies popped up, but...only in a few flicks have I seen that.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #16
MrYac
Hercules

i suppose thats true, they could've just been about to be buried. but kind of sad to think about them sitting down their in the coffins for eternity unable to get out
Old 05-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #17
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
i suppose thats true, they could've just been about to be buried. but kind of sad to think about them sitting down their in the coffins for eternity unable to get out
No sadder than watching your sweet grandmama attacking your wife out in the rose garden.

I read one great zombie novel where the US govt. ultimately had to drop nukes on heavily populated areas (cities mostly). A warning to survivors was broadcast w/ a 24 hour warning to bug out. After the innitial fire-balls, the surviving zombies were so radiated, that the decaying process was slowed and they lasted longer; even limbered up a bit.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #18
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
No sadder than watching your sweet grandmama attacking your wife out in the rose garden.

I read one great zombie novel where the US govt. ultimately had to drop nukes on heavily populated areas (cities mostly). A warning to survivors was broadcast w/ a 24 hour warning to bug out. After the innitial fire-balls, the surviving zombies were so radiated, that the decaying process was slowed and they lasted longer; even limbered up a bit.
Hehe...Day By Day. I always liked that little twist.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #19
MrYac
Hercules

and to answer the original question i think people would do more harm to each other then the zombies ever could, the paranoid and scared in the world would be shooting anything that moves not to mention hoarders picking off anybody who might venture towards their "supplies"
Old 05-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #20
AsOneDead
You got red on you

The world would be screwed. I'm ready for it
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote