Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-06-2024, 06:10 AM   #71
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
I just prefer the way the PF looks, and not by a small margin, but it's all good.

I can't really disagree with Forps about Sideshow pieces often looking better from an "artistic" point of view. It's not about quality, just the overall direction and finished "vibe" the pieces give.
Can't disagree with his description of some Prime 1 pieces either, a company which I regard as unmatched in the videogame statues department and insane extent of the offering and that I personally liked enough to purchase 12 statues from, even though at times their products indeed remind me of glorified old school NECA pieces (the really good, old stuff like Horror pieces) when it comes to general vibes and the company's paint job sensibilities.
Just as, however, Sideshow offering can come across as literal crap in every way at times, it's not all black and white.

Exactly as is the case with the individual himself, despite the delivery and character I agree with some of what he generally says, just as much as I roll my eyes in front of certain rants and ludicrous claims.
Sure, you can like the Sideshow piece more, that is of course subjective and nothing wrong with that. What isn't is that the P1 is superior in every non subjective way(except scale of course, which was a screwup on that particular piece).

What I think he does not understand is many people don't want an "artsy" concept piece by some random Sideshow artist. We want a copy of the art itself or person from the movie as done by the real original artists who drew the comic or made the film. I don't want a Sideshow sculptors' approximation of what THEY think the character is. I want an accurate representation of the original piece or person.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 06:15 AM   #72
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
As an owner of both Sideshow and Prime1 pieces - at least based on what I own, the difference in quality is marginal at best.....
Considering your own history of P1 bashing back when you acted like a JND shill doing exactly what you say others shouldn't, not sure we can take that opinion with much worth...
Old 05-06-2024, 06:45 AM   #73
Westhelle
Hydra

Dayumn, this thread might be the civil war of statue collectors.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 07:17 AM   #74
Forps is back
The Avengers

I can't really disagree with Forps about Sideshow pieces often looking better from an "artistic" point of view. It's not about quality, just the overall direction and finished "vibe" the pieces give.
Can't disagree with his description of some Prime 1 pieces either, a company which I regard as unmatched in the videogame statues department and insane extent of the offering and that I personally liked enough to purchase 12 statues from, even though at times their products indeed remind me of glorified old school NECA pieces (the really good, old stuff like Horror pieces) when it comes to general vibes and the company's paint job sensibilities.

PREACH, my friend, PREACH.

My guy, VickPS, is spitting facts here, guys.

Whoever has even a 5% Forps art(s)y eye, can IMMEDIATELY get why Prime1's "statues" look like OVERSIZED ACTION FIGURES, like old NECA figures, with the same POOR PAINT job and the general vibe of a TOY.

They are simply BIG and casuals, average Joes and Tubers having 0 connection with fine art, FALL for their BIG size.

I don't blame them. You can't expect from drivers, teachers etc to know anything about art or to not get amazed by size.

But VickPS along with qz33, BurningRage "get" exactly what i'm talking about.

Prime1's sculpts are a JOKE. They are brute, unrefined, with horrible paint jobs and with overly busy bases where Prime1 throws everyone and their mother in order to IMPRESS the UNTRAINED eye. In reality, Prime1's bases look like HOT MESS.

I like JND's bases and for Forps to write good things about that C...CKY company, you know it is doing something good.

READ AGAIN what VickPS wrote. It is EXACTLY what ANYONE with >10y art experience is going to tell you if you show him a gallery of Prime1 vs Sideshow's pieces.

The average Joes correlate SIZE to VALUE but art has NOTHING to do with size. Artistic value stems from other aspects.

Forps' example with Mona Lisa and 100% of collectors in this hobby watching it live and then coming back to Facebook, forum "well, dude, i was not impressed by that painting..Its too small, my guy....Da Vinci is clueless...Prime1 would make it bigger....It was a tiny, useless painting".

Majority of collectors in this hobby are still kids when talking about art.

Forps is here to HELP you.

Let's all pass the famous "Forps test".

Prime 1 Batman Who Laughs 1/3 vs Sideshow's Batman Who Laughs PFF.

Lobo 1/3 by Prime1 vs OG Lobo PFF.

REGARDLESS of their SIZE DIFFERENCE, go check them in your collection or go check online pics.

Take 2-3minutes. Do not only watch the pics but ANALYZE the details, GO DEEP.

Slowly but surely, you are going to "see" what Forps or VickPS "see".

Than Prime1's sculpts, paint jobs etc are JOKES.

If someone told me that ALL of Prime1's statues were "sculpted" by an AI software, i could have believed him. They are lifeless, they are brute, they are not refined, they are not art(s)y, they look like OLD NECA FIGURES but INFLATED.

This is the reason i want Sideshow to also produce 1 or 2 "statement", ENORMOUS pieces per year where she is going to lose money, but her aim should be to impress the average Joes, Tubers etc who get impressed by SIZE.

Prime1's SOLE advantage over Sideshow has always been SIZE (1/3 scale). Sideshow did not "get" the appeal of 1/3 scale to collectors who simply compare statues based on "wowwwwww, dude. This Prime1 dwarfs Sideshow's one. Prime1 rulezzzz, dude. Sideshow sucks, dude".

Forps is here to help you. Give me your hand to lead you to ART.

I am also here to help Prime1. The battle is lost. Sideshow wOke up and she now takes NO prisoners. Prime1 should take the L (loss), accept her defeat, get COMPLETELY out of DC and concentrate on manga/anime and video games statues.

Prime1's style correlates more to such genres cause her sculpts tend to look more "video-gamish", plasticky, figure-ish and toy-ish.

Prime1's management ego is going to be a problem though. After all these years thinking that you are the best company (Prime1 took all the Tubers awards), being praised as the best and now Sideshow RISING from its ashes and handling Ls, left and right, is something difficult to digest.

Nevertheless, business has nothing to do with feelings. MAN UP Prime1, accept your loss and QUICKLY move concentrating on your "niche".

Cause if JND is indeed stepping in Berserk and other companies in video games licenses, then.....
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 08:36 AM   #75
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Gotta love someone that says we like P1 for the size when the piece I mentioned is actually smaller than the comparative SS one...Some rapier debate skills on display folks. Icing on the cake is saying SS pieces are better painted!!! End of discussion right there. P1 has VASTLY superior overall production paint detail and quality. Not saying they are all great, and they do sometimes lack base detail, but overall years ahead of SS.
Old 05-06-2024, 10:03 AM   #76
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Art is subjective. I simply prefer the Prime 1 style and I love the Prime 1 bases on top of that I love the fact that they have all the licenses I like.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 10:42 AM   #77
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Art is subjective. I simply prefer the Prime 1 style and I love the Prime 1 bases on top of that I love the fact that they have all the licenses I like.
That is a pretty big deal though my interest in P1 went up around 100% when they got SF6.
So I actually hope they focus more on games and anime since my interest is in those genres and not in DC or Marvel anymore
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 12:02 PM   #78
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post
That is a pretty big deal though my interest in P1 went up around 100% when they got SF6.
So I actually hope they focus more on games and anime since my interest is in those genres and not in DC or Marvel anymore
Perfect. You manga/anime and video games fans can have Prime1 producing its stuff for you.

We, Marvel/DC fans, can have our artsy pieces sculpted by Sideshow masters.

Problem solved.

Prime1 should produce 1/3 Catwoman Hush as the last 1/3 DC. Then to put up for PO 1/4 Superman and Batman Hush and then CASE CLOSED. MOVE ON.

JND coming for Berserk and other companies for the lucrative video games license is not good omen for Prime1.

Prime1 must focus on her "niche". As soon as possible. The only thing that keeps Prime1 relevant today is its collaboration with Blitzway. If Sideshow manages to take Blitzway with her, its over.

Prime1 must focus. NOW.
Old 05-06-2024, 12:11 PM   #79
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Sure, you can like the Sideshow piece more, that is of course subjective and nothing wrong with that. What isn't is that the P1 is superior in every non subjective way(except scale of course, which was a screwup on that particular piece).

What I think he does not understand is many people don't want an "artsy" concept piece by some random Sideshow artist. We want a copy of the art itself or person from the movie as done by the real original artists who drew the comic or made the film. I don't want a Sideshow sculptors' approximation of what THEY think the character is. I want an accurate representation of the original piece or person.

Name me 1 MOVIE piece that Prime1 produced by itself (not in cooperation with Blitzway) and it wasnt an abomination.

Leto Joker 1/3? Flash Tv series 1/3?

The whole LOTR 1/4 line by Prime1?

Prime1 is even worse than Sideshow regarding actor/actress likeness.

You maybe think of Blitzway's sculpts. Good movie pieces are ONLY those that Prime1 produces in collaboration with Blitzway.

Prime1 along with JND are the most overated companies in the hobby.

With the 2 underrated being Sideshow and Infinity Studios which is LEAGUES above Queen Studios, JND etc.
Old 05-06-2024, 01:23 PM   #80
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think it?s obvious that if anyone dares disagree with whatever forps says, they must be stupid. How obnoxious can someone be?
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote