Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

View Poll Results: Which of these Doctor Doom full-size statues is the best?
Diamond Select 10 8.33%
Sideshow 70 58.33%
Bowen 44 36.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2006, 05:11 PM   #11
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Close, but edge has to go to SS. That sucka is big and bad, and it just conveys the character. I think Doom is one of BD's best, but once you get into SS's detailing and all ... well, there ya go. Just need a cool set of PF FF to go with it (Elongated Reed, Big Friggin' Thing, phasing Invisible Girl -- Torch? Hmmm, light up or Johnny Storm starting to flame on -- I'd guess a light-up comiquette)
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:12 PM   #12
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
Close, but edge has to go to SS. That sucka is big and bad, and it just conveys the character. I think Doom is one of BD's best, but once you get into SS's detailing and all ... well, there ya go. Just need a cool set of PF FF to go with it (Elongated Reed, Big Friggin' Thing, phasing Invisible Girl -- Torch? Hmmm, light up or Johnny Storm starting to flame on -- I'd guess a light-up comiquette)
They would look amazing.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:29 PM   #13
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Bowen looks very nice, but Sideshow for me is THE ultimate Dr.Doom. It's simply in another league. In fact, it's one of the very best statues out there, in any category.
I had the Bowen, but sold to a fellow board member for an excellent price.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:32 PM   #14
Portugueezer
Hellboy

I personally love the SS one.
It´s absolutely stunning! But like it has been said, it´s huge and wouldn´t exactly fit with my collection...
So I would have choose the BD.
Portugueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:44 PM   #15
paulieb60
Kindly Asked To Leave

The Bowen is the best and the only one that I own. If I were buying one now, I'd pick the DST over the SS. Why? 1) The pose is better (love the casual foot pose but then I liked on the McFarlane King Conan figure) and they went with a more classic Doom mask. 2) I hate the SS version of Doom's mask and the throne is waaaay too garish and overdone. I guess that they never heard the expression "less is more." 3) I hate those mixed media pieces that SS does. I mean what's the point? If I wanted a doll with cloth outfit instead of a statue, I'd buy one and wouldn't have to shell out 300 bucks (or whatever SS is raping people for this piece of ****) to do so.
paulieb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:14 PM   #16
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

bowen for me
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:16 PM   #17
bat_collector
Galactus

No contest, SS all the way. Bowen is very nice, but SS breaks boundaries! Its simply one of the best statues ever!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:18 PM   #18
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
No contest, SS all the way. Bowen is very nice, but SS breaks boundaries! Its simply one of the best statues ever!
And you'll soon have yours.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:48 PM   #19
Jameshowlett
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them personally but the SS piece really outshines them IMO. Weird because the same thing that I love it for is the same thing that keeps me from buying it....the size! It would throw off my whole collection if I got it and I'm not about to cater my collection around it.....
That totally sums the SS doom up for me.Its the size, I would love to have it and it doe slook incredablle, but I don't have the kind of room for it, so thats stops me from buying it. I think there is no comparison due to its size, you can have a more detailed piece on the 1/4s. I have my BD Doom at home. The DST is suprisingly nice looking!
Jameshowlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:54 PM   #20
Jameshowlett
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
Yes and thats just it. It's like comparing a 50,000 car to a 25,000. So I say that you cannot fairly say which one is better because the size difference and the price. The SS better be damn sweet for that kind of scratch. I think they delivered, although Bowen gives me more bang for my money IMO. How about a choice of which statue is better pound for pound?
Cause lets face it guys, if the Bowen's Doom were as big as SS's I would pick BDs instead. Plus the cloth is hard to get over. What I wouild love to see is Doom underneath his robes.I know that in the review Bulls said he was fully sculpted under the robe. I'd love to see that.

Last edited by Jameshowlett; 05-31-2006 at 06:55 PM. Reason: spell
Jameshowlett is offline   Reply With Quote