Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-03-2024, 04:07 PM   #21
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB&WSF View Post
Absolutely!
They captured Riddler's sly grin and that crazy look in his eyes pretty well. Also, I like that there are no question marks all over his jacket.
With Clayface, I liked the earlier artwork where he had pointy, sharp teeth. He looked more 'evil'.
Freeze looks good too!
Agreed. This Clayface has more of a BTAS look. I'd prefer the other look, but with Clayface I kind of have to be happy that I get anything lol.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 08:35 AM   #22
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Agreed. This Clayface has more of a BTAS look. I'd prefer the other look, but with Clayface I kind of have to be happy that I get anything lol.
Lol, right! After all these years of asking, SS gave us only a base as Clayface. Now, at least we have a bust.

How awesome would it be if there was an alternate head sculpt, one BTAS and the other one as well.

BB&WSF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 08:48 AM   #23
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Another vote to go back to the original Clayface concept art. Putting it out there...

I mean, the BTAS version reminds me of a McDonald's character or something. Total Happy Meal vibe.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:09 AM   #24
Forps is back
The Avengers

Someone should also say to Tubers to calm down and stop namecalling collectors who simply don't like the Doomsday 1/3 bust.

It is THEIR MONEY, they don't owe anyone an excuse why they/John/George do not like this sculpt.

Tubers got over their minds. They think that they influence the market. They influence NOONE. They maybe thought that by pushing this Doomsday, it was going to sell-out day 1. They live in "La-la-land".

CHILL, guys. Your subscribers and views mainly stem from Shorts. Majority of Tubers had 15k-20k at most subscribers before the "Shorts era". Their average standard Lives or videos still have 2-4k views. 2k-4k views. PEANUTS.

Chill and stop namecalling collectors not willing to buy this bust or to get into this line.

It is THEIR money, not yours to get angry. They may not like the sculpt (the sculpt of this Doomsday and the paint scheme are lacking), they may not like the line as a whole, they may like offerings from other companies.

It is THEIR money. Time for the community to stand up and be free to express her opinion or to decide herself where she spends her money.

Chill, guys. It is a hobby.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 11:05 AM   #25
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Someone should also say to Tubers to calm down and stop namecalling collectors who simply don't like the Doomsday 1/3 bust.

It is THEIR MONEY, they don't owe anyone an excuse why they/John/George do not like this sculpt.

Tubers got over their minds. They think that they influence the market. They influence NOONE. They maybe thought that by pushing this Doomsday, it was going to sell-out day 1. They live in "La-la-land".

CHILL, guys. Your subscribers and views mainly stem from Shorts. Majority of Tubers had 15k-20k at most subscribers before the "Shorts era". Their average standard Lives or videos still have 2-4k views. 2k-4k views. PEANUTS.

Chill and stop namecalling collectors not willing to buy this bust or to get into this line.

It is THEIR money, not yours to get angry. They may not like the sculpt (the sculpt of this Doomsday and the paint scheme are lacking), they may not like the line as a whole, they may like offerings from other companies.

It is THEIR money. Time for the community to stand up and be free to express her opinion or to decide herself where she spends her money.

Chill, guys. It is a hobby.
Name-calling? Really? Did it happen in a certain rant / video on the negativity around TH busts posted a day or two ago, Forps? I saw that for a few seconds only.

Do they want to shame people into liking and buying something? How does that work? And if they are just upset that not all collectors like a collectible, that's also weird. We live in strange times.
BB&WSF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 11:13 AM   #26
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB&WSF View Post
Name-calling? Really? Did it happen in a certain rant / video on the negativity around TH busts posted a day or two ago, Forps? I saw that for a few seconds only.

Do they want to shame people into liking and buying something? How does that work? And if they are just upset that not all collectors like a collectible, that's also weird. We live in strange times.
I don't get why they get angry cause collectors express their thoughts that they do not like Doomsday or this line as a whole. And then posting a video blaming collectors who do not want to buy it.

It is THEIR money, they owe nothing to Tubers or companies. Your/my friend John or George or Josh may not like to buy this Doomsday or this line and they also have the RIGHT to express their opinion.

I've written it years ago. Tubers in this hobby think that they are "Gods" whereas noone actually buys anything due to them. Having 2k-4k views on Tube is PEANUTS. Their channels got big due to the "Shorts era" with subscribers being casuals checking 20sec videos having 0 disposable income.

Thinking that they, alone, can influence the market showcases how delusional they got. They should chill and companies should also make decisions based on data and facts and not what some Tuber advises them to do.

I also see many collectors being afraid to tell their opinion in groups due to herd mentality.

Collectors may dislike this line or this bust and they have the RIGHT to not buy it and also to express their OPINION.

PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 11:52 AM   #27
SDguy

A friend just linked me to that rant video. I rolled my eyes so hard... shut it off after about 2 1/2 minutes. I don't need this Chrisplained to me. I know how the world, statue manufacturers, and frankly, capitalism, works. The core of his rant is basically we should be happy that any company makes anything (assuming it's done well, of course, goes without saying). Take what we can get, and like it, regardless of whether we want it or it looks good in our collection. Maybe some of us are just pissed that we won't get what we hoped for. I was the biggest defender of the 2.0 line after SP got dropped. Guess what, now I'm in their boat, while the 1/3 bust ship sails off without us I get it, it's not always TH's fault if sales suck (1/6 Aquaman should have been a hit, and it just wasn't). Sometime it arguably is their fault (tippy toes Batman - that I PO'ed anyway!). But that doesn't mean I'm going to be happy about it. And if I can't lament about it in groups of like minded people, WTF are these places for.

Thanks for the reminder of why I never watch his videos LOL.

Last edited by SDguy; 05-04-2024 at 01:02 PM.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 12:03 PM   #28
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yep, I've never rolled my eyes so much in just one video.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 12:05 PM   #29
SDguy

OMG did you suffer through the entire thing?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 12:23 PM   #30
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yep, and it's basically what Hollywood does these days anytime people don't want or like what they're putting out - fan blaming. It's the new in-thing. It's honestly quite pathetic to see someone like him go down this road. Not to mention the fact, it makes him a big hypocrite for someone who claims to always be positive and spread positive thoughts, to go on a childish rant where he's visibly angry at people for not salivating over a bust line that may not fit into their collection.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote