Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-01-2024, 12:52 PM   #351
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
ive said it before but someone needs to pony up and do a deathstroke conversion with that taskmaster statue, it wouldnt be too difficult. i wanted to do it but have too many projects going / waiting to be started - but man it would be sweet
Always thought of this. One day, asked a prominent customizer about it. He said that it would cost 2k. That too without the chain mail as it was not an easy thing to create. All my enthusiasm flew out of the window.
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 12:58 PM   #352
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB&WSF View Post
Always thought of this. One day, asked a prominent customizer about it. He said that it would cost 2k. That too without the chain mail as it was not an easy thing to create. All my enthusiasm flew out of the window.
dang $2k... the chainmail would be the most difficult part for sure. i think when i was considering it i was going to leave that off as well. a lot of that is the paint work as well, realistically a decent custom paint job alone youre looking at at least $1000-1500+ but you get a one of a kind piece crafted by an artist. i guess if you were a huge deathstroke fan it might be worth it
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 01:38 PM   #353
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
dang $2k... the chainmail would be the most difficult part for sure. i think when i was considering it i was going to leave that off as well. a lot of that is the paint work as well, realistically a decent custom paint job alone youre looking at at least $1000-1500+ but you get a one of a kind piece crafted by an artist. i guess if you were a huge deathstroke fan it might be worth it
This.

Agree about the custom paint job. If you are so passionate about something, you'd go ahead and spend that kind of money without having to think about it.

Derailing the thread, but John Allred's work takes both the Ivys to a different level, imo.

BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 02:03 PM   #354
SONICobra
Batman

absolutely, those are gorgeous - he is truly a master
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 11:38 AM   #355
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

John does excellent work, the OG Ivy repaints he has done are awesome. But the Ivy repaint he did above is not for me, but overall he does excellent paint jobs.

Sadly customizations/custom paint work is not cheap, very few people do it outside of factories, and its time consuming. I agree with those above you have to be a real big fan with money to be ok with going with it. If not its almost better to wait for the next one, provided its a popular enough character, I can see wanting to get it done for deathstroke unless you think tweeterhead will make the one you been waiting for.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 12:42 PM   #356
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

very beautiful paint up!!!!!! thank you for sharing.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 01:32 PM   #357
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
John does excellent work, the OG Ivy repaints he has done are awesome. But the Ivy repaint he did above is not for me, but overall he does excellent paint jobs.

Sadly customizations/custom paint work is not cheap, very few people do it outside of factories, and its time consuming. I agree with those above you have to be a real big fan with money to be ok with going with it. If not its almost better to wait for the next one, provided its a popular enough character, I can see wanting to get it done for deathstroke unless you think tweeterhead will make the one you been waiting for.
John does amazing work, but he does what the client asks (he's done a few things for me - you just have to be specific and provide reference images, like with any good painter). I personally don't like the newer Ivy repaint at all either. But again, it's not mine, so, congrats to the owner.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 02:24 PM   #358
Forps is back
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Master, Martin.

Production piece is perfect. But.....it needed 3-4 inches to be a masterpiece.

Nevertheless, Sideshow finally listened to me (in the threads of Batman Gaslight, in this thread etc).

All new offerings are gigantic sculpts (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern). Imposing sculpts at a good price. Perfect!
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:04 PM   #359
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I still love this piece but have a lot on my plate. Its not a must have character for me though, so its been an easy piece to put on the backburner though. Might have to change that later on this month.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote