Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-05-2024, 01:31 PM   #61
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotRyder View Post
Anyone catch The Batman Statue Collectors video coming to defend his best friends @ Tweeterhead? He literally damns the statue community and simultaneously encourages everyone to go and buy up the Superman and pre order all the busts asap. Mind you the guy gets free product(s) and regularly has the Tweeterhead staff on his shows. So much for an unbiased opinion on the matter. He probably has stock in the company at this point.
That's the rant that was discussed a few pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Yeah...not true. Plenty of interest in Bowen scale busts. 1/3 is an odd scale...
Really? You see people talking about Bowen busts on here much? I like a lotta Bowen full statues and have about 14 K worth but not a single bust.

Sure for those around at the time the busts were released but I do not see any of those Bowen busts commanding collector's attention now.
For a vast majority I do not see miniature busts as being appealing to collect past 2-3.

Even when people do their nostalgia posts on Bowens the busts are usually omitted.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 01:35 PM   #62
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Really? You see people talking about Bowen busts on here much? I like a lotta Bowen full statues and have about 14 K worth but not a single bust.

Sure for those around at the time the busts were released but I do not see any of those Bowen busts commanding collector's attention now.
For a vast majority I do not see miniature busts as being appealing to collect past 2-3.
Not on here so much as the focus is more on the new stuff but I see plenty of interest in facebook groups and online sales. That's cool...you have your opinion. Nothing wrong with that.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 01:42 PM   #63
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Not on here so much as the focus is more on the new stuff but I see plenty of interest in facebook groups and online sales. That's cool...you have your opinion. Nothing wrong with that.
Again I see it from those around back then but not much. Are there new entrants collecting Bowen's busts?
I'm not saying there are no good ones. I love tBowen's Satana but that is Mike Cusanelli and I love almost all his female sculpts.

I'm not talking down Bowen Bust collectors but about business decisions. Yes we all have preferences but collectors are FAR more alike than different.
Miniature bust collectors just seem to be more off center than mainstream. So to decide to go deep in a ANY bust line seems to be casting a smaller net for sales, at least to me.
Old 05-05-2024, 01:50 PM   #64
qz33
Baron Zemo

I guess what I'm getting at is:

A majority of collectors already have some degree of prejudice against collecting busts especially miniature busts.

I would EASILY expect any bust line, especially, offering characters missing from lines people have already committed to from the same company to go over like a lead balloon.

So not sure what Tweeterhead's strategy actually is here to buck the trend?
Old 05-05-2024, 01:55 PM   #65
Mister H
Youngblood

i like the price point compared to the size and craftsmanship of these busts. I would only want two or three to complement my collection of statues though. I hope no one decides they will “collect the whole line” because TH has never completed a line of anything that I know of even though they do a great job of sculpting.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 02:00 PM   #66
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Again I see it from those around back then but not much. Are there new entrants collecting Bowen's busts?
I'm not saying there are no good ones. I love tBowen's Satana but that is Mike Cusanelli and I love almost all his female sculpts.

I'm not talking down Bowen Bust collectors but about business decisions. Yes we all have preferences but collectors are FAR more alike than different.
Miniature bust collectors just seem to be more off center than mainstream. So to decide to go deep in a ANY bust line seems to be casting a smaller net for sales, at least to me.
I agree, going into busts wouldn't be my first choice...full statues have always been more popular. There is a market for the smaller stuff though (not just Bowen). Whether TH would've been able to adequately tap into that market, I have no idea. Would have a better chance than trying 1/3 imo...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 05:09 PM   #67
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don't know all the details, but my understanding is that preorders for a few of the 1/6 pieces were shockingly low.
I can understand the concern, but some of that they brought upon themselves. I love the 1:6 scale. And I purchased all the ladies with the exception of Wonder Woman (both times) because of design choices by them.

The newest WW base is ridiculous.

Then they went and changed a damn near perfect Batman AFTER waiting 2 years to release it.

Aquaman and Two Face are great statues. Those characters were bound to be smaller edition sizes, so I understand needing the popular names to pay off to compensate for that.

I’m just not sure how the change from statue to bust helps. But I’m not the number cruncher.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 06:02 PM   #68
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I?m just not sure how the change from statue to bust helps. But I?m not the number cruncher.
I would think it's the ability to offer a lower price point. I no longer collect 1/6, but I like the opportunity to pick up 1/3 busts for $275. Certainly not the whole line. I'll pick and choose.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 07:06 PM   #69
MPCanes
The X-Men

I’m excited by the busts - love the matching bases and similar design language from bust to bust.

I do wonder why they are cheaper to produce vs their pricey 1/6th scale. Companies like pure arts can offer 1/6th scale at $300 - wonder why theirs are so much higher. Licensing?
MPCanes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 07:37 PM   #70
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB&WSF View Post
Lol, right! After all these years of asking, SS gave us only a base as Clayface. Now, at least we have a bust.

How awesome would it be if there was an alternate head sculpt, one BTAS and the other one as well.

The OG is terrifying. The new one looks like a goofball. Ninja Turtle head. Maybe DC said to make him less scary?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote