Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #21
Chapter 2099
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
wow these look great , may have to pick some up!
That's what I plan on doing!!!!
Chapter 2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:21 AM   #22
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter 2099 View Post
OH!!!! Nice.

So the Bestas you got are the Black/Brown option? I can't seem to find an ALL black Besta option from the link you sent me. Yours look all black.

The glass doors you have: I see the different options in the links you sent me, but there's no clear glass/black option. Only a frosted glass/black option. You have a clear glass/black option don't you? (If so, that option doesn't seem to be there. )
Yes they are the Black/Brown option.

For the Vegby they only offer clear glass with white trim, the others have frosted glass. All the Tombo glass doors come with the aluminum trim. Tombo is what I'm using.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #23
Chapter 2099
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
So in this pic, is the Tombo doors in front of the IM comiquettes but 2 Vegby doors used over the front of the Thor PF and Hulk Faux Bronze?
Old 02-22-2009, 04:34 AM   #24
Hellz Manik
Death is hereditary.

The besta cabinets are great for multiple pf's or head bust, it does give it that look and feel of a so call statue or figure room. If you are looking for something more upscale and classy, pedestals are the way to go. Gruson, used to have an excellent display less is better, and not having it so clutterred. I used to have the besta cabinets, and wasted quite a bit of money, but its not until I got a pedestal that I truly saw a museum look to a statue...you tend to appreciated more and you save a bit more money. Any statue will look good in besta cabinets, but only the high selective kind could take the pedestal display
Hellz Manik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:04 AM   #25
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellz Manik View Post
The besta cabinets are great for multiple pf's or head bust, it does give it that look and feel of a so call statue or figure room. If you are looking for something more upscale and classy, pedestals are the way to go. Gruson, used to have an excellent display less is better, and not having it so clutterred. I used to have the besta cabinets, and wasted quite a bit of money, but its not until I got a pedestal that I truly saw a museum look to a statue...you tend to appreciated more and you save a bit more money. Any statue will look good in besta cabinets, but only the high selective kind could take the pedestal display
So are you saying that there is a brand name Pedestal, or you just prefer the look of a statue on a pedestal?
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:13 AM   #26
Bastilla
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
You know, I never even thought about pedestals. Could you possibly post pics of your collection with pedestals for reference?
Bastilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:04 AM   #27
Hellz Manik
Death is hereditary.

This is my first pedestal for the ironman bust, and im getting plenty more to go with it. Once again I give credit to Gruson, ever since I saw his displays...simply fantastic!
The below link is Grusons!!! Im going to do mine way different...but hands down his displays are the best!!!
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...ead.php?t=6162
Hellz Manik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #28
Chapter 2099
U talkin' to me?

Quote:

This is my first pedestal for the ironman bust, and im getting plenty more to go with it. Once again I give credit to Gruson, ever since I saw his displays...simply fantastic!
The below link is Grusons!!! Im going to do mine way different...but hands down his displays are the best!!!
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...ead.php?t=6162
I like that alot. So where did you buy the pedestal from? (And price?)
Old 02-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #29
damegto1977

Like someone said before. You see guys who spend thousands in statues, busts, dioramas, but are not willing to spend more than $59.99 on displaying their statues??? Or display their statues inside their mother's china cabinets where you would normally see porceline dolls....even on top of their boxes.

How about you hire someone to buil custom shelves. Or invest in pedestals or nice profesional cabinets.

I for one do have detolfs (2 of them)... but I also spent a pretty penny in buying a cabinet peice at a store that sells display cases and pedestals for department stores.
damegto1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #30
Bastilla

Thank you for the pic Hellz and the link. Pedestals do give it a touch of class! That Iron Man pedestal is hot! Looking at the link, I can see that even with nice pedestals, you can still develop an overcrowded look. For me, the object is to collect everything I want, but not have it look like a cluttered mess. So far, it looks like a mixture of cabinets and pedestals is going to be the way to go with cabinets for most of the collection to keep a clean symmetrical look, and maybe pedestals for large pieces that will not fit in the cabinets. I see that the best place to buy covers to go on the pedestals is cases for collectibles too. It is going to be an expensive summer.
Bastilla is offline   Reply With Quote