Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
Prosquad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Question Question on box storage

I am running out of room in my closet for my various statue boxes and wondering if it was safe to buy those big plastic storage boxes to put the statue boxes in and place them in my attic and/or garage. Are these water tight and keep the boxes safe from the various elements etc? What about the heat or going from hot to cold over the course of years?
Prosquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
ansel39
ROT Minister of Truth, Justice, and the Texans Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosquad View Post
I am running out of room in my closet for my various statue boxes and wondering if it was safe to buy those big plastic storage boxes to put the statue boxes in and place them in my attic and/or garage. Are these water tight and keep the boxes safe from the various elements etc? What about the heat or going from hot to cold over the course of years?
i wrap mine in plastic and put then in those plastin bins and put thim in the attic.
ansel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Saran Wrap works good for wrapping boxes... Those bins should be fine... I have 3 rubbermaid closets in my basement.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Prosquad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
Saran Wrap works good for wrapping boxes... Those bins should be fine... I have 3 rubbermaid closets in my basement.
So i can just stick them in the rubbermaid bins without any sort of wrapping and such? I was thinking of maybe double boxing them in two rubbermaid boxes but i didn't want to if that was overkill.
Prosquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I've had my boxes in the loft of my shed for 3 years. No plastic bins or trash bags. They all are fine.
You have to watch putting them in plastic bins and bags. If no air can move around the box, you could get condensation in there with the changing of weather. Then that could lead to mold growing.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
theargo
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosquad View Post
That depends where you live. Dry places would be easy as long as it's in the shade. If you live around Asia or Southern Australia you might have to worry about the humidity, termites and rats. Wrapped 'em with plastic and place 'em in high places; the attic has been safe for me these past years. Unless if there's a 10 meter deep floods, I think it'll be ok.
theargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #7
patrickwm68
The Flash

I've been storing my boxes inside bigger boxes for years in my attic. Some of them have been up there for 10 years and they're fine.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
Xenomorph79
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

I'll take all your boxes from you...

... as long as you put the statues back in the boxes before you send them to me!
Xenomorph79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Don't store 'em, Display them
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:39 AM   #10
The Batman Professor
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I know this is heresy, but for some of them I throw away the styrofoam, and store the boxes flat. Others I put into storage containers and store in the attic.
The Batman Professor is offline   Reply With Quote