Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-22-2023, 11:10 AM   #29051
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Shotgun Wedding (2022) - Darcy and Tom gather their families for the ultimate destination wedding but when the entire wedding party is taken hostage the bride and groom must save their loved ones--if they don't kill each other first.

Ugh, I only watched this to please a friend. Jennifer Lopez still looks great, though. 4/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 11:43 PM   #29052
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Of the three Jordan Peele movies, this one was my favorite. I found the connection between the sitcom monkey and the alien to be smartly done. You'd think the child star would have learned the first time that you can't play nice with these type of creatures and expect them to always cooperate, but no, instead he became obsessed with the idea well into adulthood and look what happened. I apologize if I'm explaining the obvious, but I really liked that aspect of the film. I rated it 8/10.
Of all of his movies, Get Out is my favorite. I love the social commentary of that movie so much - I love even more the people who don?t get that it pertains to them.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 01:36 AM   #29053
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

Shotgun Wedding (2022) - Darcy and Tom gather their families for the ultimate destination wedding but when the entire wedding party is taken hostage the bride and groom must save their loved ones--if they don't kill each other first.

Ugh, I only watched this to please a friend. Jennifer Lopez still looks great, though. 4/10
Agreed. It was pretty bad.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 09:46 AM   #29054
Demona
Martian Manhunter

How does Amazon have all this money and makes some lackluster or really bad streaming media content? I just don't get it.

Jack Ryan and The Boys are the only shows/movies I've enjoyed by them. It's by far our most least watch streaming service.
Old 02-23-2023, 11:02 AM   #29055
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
How does Amazon have all this money and makes some lackluster or really bad streaming media content? I just don't get it.

Jack Ryan and The Boys are the only shows/movies I've enjoyed by them. It's by far our most least watch streaming service.
Carnival Row is an underrated gem, season 2 just started last week. The Man In The High Castle, The Expanse, and Reacher are all excellent.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 11:19 AM   #29056
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh yea - Reacher. We did like that one too. I found Man In The High Castle moved at a snails pace for me so we lost track of it.

Look at us derailing a movies thread with TV chatter
Old 02-23-2023, 11:37 AM   #29057
ParisDean

Quote:
Of all of his movies, Get Out is my favorite. I love the social commentary of that movie so much - I love even more the people who don?t get that it pertains to them.
Get Out was groundbreaking for sure. I completely understand its inclusion in the most recent once-in-a-decade Sight and Sound Greatest Films of All Time poll. Us was entertaining, but I found the premise way too far-fetched. That's the movie I liked the least.
Old 02-23-2023, 11:43 AM   #29058
ParisDean

Quote:

If you're looking for good content on Amazon, watch The Handmaiden. That movie is pure fire.

Edit: I just remembered I also loved The Underground Railroad on Amazon--based on the book about a fantasy of a literal underground railroad that transported runaway slaves north. Beautifully done. Maybe the only project on the topic of slavery that I can revisit.

Old 02-23-2023, 12:05 PM   #29059
Mister H
Youngblood

Since slavery is being mentioned, I’m curious to see if the Epstein sex slavery issue will ever be touched in movie or TV form.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 12:09 PM   #29060
ParisDean

I Am Love (2009) - Emma left Russia to live with her husband in Italy. Now a member of a powerful industrial family, she is the respected mother of three, but feels unfulfilled. One day, Antonio, a talented chef and her son's friend, makes her senses kindle.

I used to think this movie was near-perfect and have followed director Luca Guadagnino's other projects since. Rewatching it now on Valentine's Day, I can see its rough edges and how Guadagnino has grown and refined his craft most notably in Call Me by Your Name and We Are Who We Are--even in his sprawling Suspiria remake. However, I still consider this movie to be a winner thanks to Tilda Swinton's performance. 9/10