Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #101
Ridimous
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Iseki View Post
Hello Everyone! You guys have been so cool to me, so as a gratitude, I am sending this Sneak preview images of Touch of the Ice( TOI). It got just approved! So, guess what! You guys are the very first people to see this besides licensing agents.

Please send me your frank comments!

Take
Beautiful. Just Beautiful.
Ridimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:42 AM   #102
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Oh my god that awesome. Can't wait to get her.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:00 AM   #103
aeumuse
Hydra

Touch of Ice looks nice....but to be honest, maybe it's the angle, for some reason I'm not getting the same 'wow' reaction as when I first saw Medusa's Gaze...any chance of more close up pictures of her face Take?

I assume this wasn't sculpted by Shungo Yazawa?
aeumuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:42 AM   #104
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Hello Everyone! You guys have been so cool to me, so as a gratitude, I am sending this Sneak preview images of Touch of the Ice( TOI). It got just approved! So, guess what! You guys are the very first people to see this besides licensing agents.

Take
Another beautiful figure.
She will display wonderfully with the 'Medusa's Gaze' piece.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 AM   #105
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeumuse View Post
Touch of Ice looks nice....but to be honest, maybe it's the angle, for some reason I'm not getting the same 'wow' reaction as when I first saw Medusa's Gaze...any chance of more close up pictures of her face Take?

I assume this wasn't sculpted by Shungo Yazawa?
I got the opposite reaction, Aeumuse. She is absolutely beautiful. When I first saw Medusa, I was more excited that I'll be getting a Royo figure, than actually reacting to the piece itself. With TOI, I'm directly reacting to the statue. She is simply stunning!
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #106
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:

Take
Take, I highly appreciate your kindness. Thank you! She is gorgeous!

I have a couple of questions. How did the sculptor get her teddy (top) to be sheer (see through)? When will she be released?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #107
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:

Take

She looks fantastic! Way better than Medusa's gaze.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #108
aeumuse
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
I got the opposite reaction, Aeumuse. She is absolutely beautiful. When I first saw Medusa, I was more excited that I'll be getting a Royo figure, than actually reacting to the piece itself. With TOI, I'm directly reacting to the statue. She is simply stunning!
....& I'm sincerely happy for you folks who like her...eye of the beholder etc.....I'm not looking for an accurate translation but more of a vibe, & based on this lone picture, I just felt that certain areas can be improved upon....of cos I do hope my views will change once more pictures of her surface.
aeumuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #109
mongobredboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

TOI and golden lover, looks like a nice companion piece to meduzas ! but something doesnt feel right..
mongobredboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #110
Vallos
Jubilee

I totally understand what you mean, Aeumuse. Like I said, your reaction to TOI was how I reacted to Medusa. I'm a huge, huge fan of Royo for over 15 years, so when I saw Medusa, I was like, hell yeah! But there was something off, because I was trying to compare it to the painting. When I received her, I simply started to enjoy her more for what it was. With TOI, I thought of the sculpt first, and Royo second. Within this tread, I found out that TOI was a possible release, so my only concern was with how the sculptor will hand her clothing and her squat. Based on that photo alone, it settled my concern and them some!