Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-04-2024, 04:02 PM   #41
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB&WSF View Post
Talking about busts, my ever favourites are the SS ones. If I ever buy one, these would be it. What shelf-presence they have!

From the movies, I really liked the Infinity Studios JL busts. Awesome life-like sculpt!

About Tweeterhead's busts, I believe the collectors would have been all over them if they were FS in different scales. They would have filled a big gap folks have been talking about for a long time. But then, as jeremydmc said, no one asked for them, and sadly, TH does not have the FS licence for them. What a bummer.

I have all of them. Many in their boxes now cause i am going to move the collection elsewhere.

Sideshow's OG LSBs are GRAILS.

That Joker and that Blue Batman sculpted by Andy Bergholtz. One of Sideshow's Mount Rushmore sculptors.

Get them ALL.

Regarding Infinity ones, Wonder Woman is already a GRAIL. Beware though of recasters. If someone wants to sell you one for under 6k, its probably a recast or from 2nd/3rd runs.

If i were you, i would buy Sideshow's ones with the following order

Joker LSB (a GRAIL)
Blue Batman LSB
Green Lantern LSB
Superman LSB
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 04:09 PM   #42
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
A friend just linked me to that rant video. I rolled my eyes so hard... shut it off after about 2 1/2 minutes. I don't need this Chrisplained to me. I know how the world, statue manufacturers, and frankly, capitalism, works. The core of his rant is basically we should be happy that any company makes anything (assuming it's done well, of course, goes without saying). Take what we can get, and like it, regardless of whether we want it or it looks good in our collection. Maybe some of us are just pissed that we won't get what we hoped for. I was the biggest defender of the 2.0 line after SP got dropped. Guess what, now I'm in their boat, while the 1/3 bust ship sails off without us I get it, it's not always TH's fault if sales suck (1/6 Aquaman should have been a hit, and it just wasn't). Sometime it arguably is their fault (tippy toes Batman - that I PO'ed anyway!). But that doesn't mean I'm going to be happy about it. And if I can't lament about it in groups of like minded people, WTF are these places for.

Thanks for the reminder of why I never watch his videos LOL.
Listening to Collectors is like listening to a woman they're always in the moment. They'll complain about all these "problems" but what they really want is what causes all those problems.

Sure people want lower prices. People bought Bowen busts because that's all there was. Collector's are not going to be interested in things that do not gas their emotions.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 04:17 PM   #43
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
I have all of them. Many in their boxes now cause i am going to move the collection elsewhere.

That Joker and that Blue Batman sculpted by Andy Bergholtz. One of Sideshow's Mount Rushmore sculptors.

Get them ALL.

Regarding Infinity ones, Wonder Woman is already a GRAIL. Beware though of recasters. If someone wants to sell you one for under 6k, its probably a recast or from 2nd/3rd runs.

If i were you, i would buy Sideshow's ones with the following order

Joker LSB (a GRAIL)
Blue Batman LSB
Green Lantern LSB
Superman LSB
Agree!

Thank you for the insight, Forps.
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 04:53 PM   #44
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Does anyone ever care about Busts other than lifesize? Sure someone may have 2-3 as one offs but for the most part small scaled busts are plain undesirable.
Many people detest even lifesize busts because "they're just part of a whole statue" especially those that have never seen lifesize busts in person.
Few care about busts at all and there is VERY little passion in this hobby for non-lifesize busts.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 05:01 PM   #45
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Who does this bust line really serve? IMO only people who buy 1/3. I can't see people who exclusively collect 1/6 or 1/4 giving two craps about 1/3 scale busts.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:46 PM   #46
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
The BSC rant and the HEAVY promotion on last Wednesday's Rogues show screams "he is getting a piece of this so let's sell these things" vibes.
I can guarantee 100% that is not happening.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:59 PM   #47
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Nearmint - do you know the logic behind making character in 1:3 bust before 1:6 statue? These 1:3 but characters are not those that weren’t wanted in 1:6 (or even 1:4)

Perez Zatanna, Clayface and Riddler were REALLY wanted.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:05 AM   #48
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I can guarantee 100% that is not happening.
I believe you but as just an external watcher of these things, it sure FELT like it.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:20 AM   #49
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Nearmint - do you know the logic behind making character in 1:3 bust before 1:6 statue? These 1:3 but characters are not those that weren?t wanted in 1:6 (or even 1:4)

Perez Zatanna, Clayface and Riddler were REALLY wanted.
I don't know all the details, but my understanding is that preorders for a few of the 1/6 pieces were shockingly low.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:37 AM   #50
prizzy726
The Spirit

Seems like a lose/lose for TH. People say they want the 1/6s, but if the numbers aren’t there then they can’t sustain that. They try something new and then people complain that they’re not 1/6. I mean, I think a big part of it is they should just do small, simple bases. Chad complained based are hard to design, so don’t. Give us good characters with simple bases, keep the costs down and people will order. I for one am excited for these busts. I’ll have no problem mixing these with my 1/6 to create cool displays.
prizzy726 is offline   Reply With Quote