Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-07-2024, 08:16 AM   #21
Forps is back
The Avengers

Regarding male pieces, we all know the name of the sculptor to get the projects. Ryan Peterson.

Regarding female pieces though, who? Newman?

Or can we test the GOD, Will Harbottle, to sculpt a female LSB?

Just imagine a Red Sonja LSB sculpted by Godbottle. I can EASILYYYYYY see 300 pieces flying off the shelves. But it is the sole segment i've never seen Godbottle.

So a challenge for Will. Sculpt a Red Sonja LSB or a Vampirella LSB with her teeth and bld.

Do it, Will.

And then let's see what company are Tubers going to talk about!
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 08:20 AM   #22
Forps is back
The Avengers

Ohhh and regarding a possible Lobo LSB by Ryan Peterson.

We want him with the DREADLOCKS ofc. Dreadlock is the look we want.

We also want Peterson to give him a smirk while Lobo is concurrently smoking a cigar.

A big (over 32 inches), imposing LSB, with dreadlocks, ATTITUDE, a smirk and a cigar.

Hell yeahhhhhhh
Old 05-12-2024, 08:31 AM   #23
Forps is back
The Avengers

So what should a new "statement", non-scale by Sideshow be?

A Vader vs Obi-wan diorama 1/4 with the whole base around them. Being AT LEAST 35in long, 25in deep and 25in tall. AT LEAST. The likeness (Obi-Wan ofc, cause Vader wore his helmet) should ofc be 100% and the whole scene should be 100% movie accurate.

A GINORMOUS diorama, a STATEMENT piece by Sideshow.

This along with the return of Life Size Figures (please concentrate on Star Wars, eg Boba, Han Solo, R2D2, Darth Vader, K2SO etc) and new Life Size Busts (eg Thanos, Lobo, Punisher etc) is going to LIFT Sideshow in collector's minds or better said in average Joes, Tubers and casuals minds correlating SIZE to ARTISTIC VALUE.

Sideshow is along with Infinity Studios (her LSBs are the BEST, way better than Queen's ones), Blitzway (her movie pieces) and ECC the best companies with Sideshow giving us the most art(s)y pieces. Nevertheless majority of collectors or Tubers being drivers, teachers etc think highly of Prime1 (with the lifeless, plasticky looking, inflated action figurish looking sculpts) only due to their enormous size.

Time for Sideshow to LIFT her brand to the eyes of average Joes and Tubers.

1 or 2 statement pieces per year would be a good first step along with the return of the Star Wars Life Size Figures and the start of a new LSB line.

Give us a GINORMOUS Star Wars diorama @ 2500 bucks. It will not sell many pieces? Ok, we know it.

Forps advice to Sideshow's CEO.

Do not be afraid losing some money on 1 or 2 statement pieces (although i believe that such a Star Wars diorama, a REALISTIC and MOVIE ACCURATE though, could sell 150-200 pieces so Sideshow could break-even). The aim here would be for average Joes to stop correlating Sideshow to Ford or GM and to increase her brand value.

Forps has spoken (Mandalorian-style).
Old 05-12-2024, 10:39 AM   #24
God
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

A Red Sonja life size bust is actually a great idea. I'm still waiting for a 1/3 scale that I like of her as well.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 10:48 AM   #25
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
A Red Sonja life size bust is actually a great idea. I'm still waiting for a 1/3 scale that I like of her as well.
A Red Sonja LSB but a Sideshow one, please!!! Not a Prime1 having a plastic face and looking like an inflated toy (i hate, i loathe that Prime1 Red Sonja 1/3)!

A Red Sonja LSB with a SET ES (stop that cr.p with Limited Edition, Sideshow, you are killing your LSB line with that non-ES crap) sculpted by one of Sideshow's masters is going to EASILY sell 500 pieces.

Forps DARES Will Harbottle, yes, Will, fuc..g, Godbottle, to stop messing around and give us his first female Sideshow LSB.

A Red Sonja LSB.

And then to sculpt a Red Sonja on Throne PFF the likes of one of Sideshow's recent art prints.

Do it, Will. Do it!
Old 05-12-2024, 11:25 AM   #26
God
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
A Red Sonja LSB but a Sideshow one, please!!! Not a Prime1 having a plastic face and looking like an inflated toy (i hate, i loathe that Prime1 Red Sonja 1/3)!

A Red Sonja LSB with a SET ES (stop that cr.p with Limited Edition, Sideshow, you are killing your LSB line with that non-ES crap) sculpted by one of Sideshow's masters is going to EASILY sell 500 pieces.

Forps DARES Will Harbottle, yes, Will, fuc..g, Godbottle, to stop messing around and give us his first female Sideshow LSB.

A Red Sonja LSB.

And then to sculpt a Red Sonja on Throne PFF the likes of one of Sideshow's recent art prints.

Do it, Will. Do it!
Of course, I passed oh the Prime 1 Red Sonja for many reasons, so a definitive statue is still on my list.

I believe Harley Quinn is the only female life size bust that Sideshow has done?
Old 05-12-2024, 11:34 AM   #27
BurningRage
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post

I believe Harley Quinn is the only female life size bust that Sideshow has done?
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 11:57 AM   #28
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
BurningRage, my good old friend.

Yes Asajj LSB. With an ES of only 250. The good old days when Sideshow NUMBERED her LSBs. Try to find one for a reasonable price (under 5x the original retail). Well, good luck even finding one not being a recast (from Chinese sellers). This is a GRAIL.

Admiral Ackbar @ 300.
Gamorrean Guard @ 300.
Greedo @ 300.
Figrin Dan @ 250.
Bossk @ 250.
Jango Fett @ 250.

All of them GRAILS nowadays. Impossible to get them for under 4x-5x retail (bar possibly Jango @ 2x).

Sideshow, when you start your new LSB line as the doctor, Forps, prescribed, please NUMBER them (either with a pre-set ES or with a TBD)
Old 05-12-2024, 12:22 PM   #29
God
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Ventress
Thank you, and wow, that is quite something.
Old 05-15-2024, 04:29 PM   #30
Forps is back
The Avengers

Just to bring the discussion back, let's repeat the following

So what should a new "statement", non-scale by Sideshow be?

A Vader vs Obi-wan diorama 1/4 with the whole base around them. Being AT LEAST 35in long, 25in deep and 25in tall. AT LEAST. The likeness (Obi-Wan, cause Vader wore his helmet) should ofc be 100% and the whole scene should be 100% movie accurate.

A GINORMOUS diorama, a STATEMENT piece by Sideshow.

This along with the return of Life Size Figures (please concentrate on Star Wars, eg Boba, Han Solo, R2D2, Darth Vader, K2SO etc) and new Life Size Busts (eg Thanos, Lobo, Punisher etc) is going to LIFT Sideshow in collector's minds or better said in average Joes, Tubers and casuals minds correlating SIZE to ARTISTIC VALUE.

Sideshow is along with Infinity Studios (her LSBs are the BEST, way better than Queen's ones), Blitzway (her movie pieces) and ECC the best companies with Sideshow giving us the most art(s)y pieces. Nevertheless majority of collectors or Tubers being drivers, teachers etc think highly of Prime1 (with the lifeless, plasticky looking, inflated action figurish looking sculpts) only due to their enormous size.

Time for Sideshow to LIFT her brand to the eyes of average Joes and Tubers.

1 or 2 statement pieces per year would be a good first step along with the return of the Star Wars Life Size Figures and the start of a new LSB line.

Give us a GINORMOUS Star Wars diorama @ 2500 bucks. It will not sell many pieces? Ok, we know it.

Forps advice to Sideshow's CEO.

Do not be afraid losing some money on 1 or 2 statement pieces (although i believe that such a Star Wars diorama, a REALISTIC and MOVIE ACCURATE though, could sell 150-200 pieces so Sideshow could break-even). The aim here would be for average Joes to stop correlating Sideshow to Ford or GM and to increase her brand value.

Forps has spoken (Mandalorian-style).