Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Old Man Logan
U talkin' to me?

Do you collect statues of charcters you are interested in or just good pieces?

Looking through all of these threads I see a lot of collections that are very diverse. Instead of jacking someones thread to ask I thought I would just make my own. So do you guys only get statues of characters you like (read the comics, enjoyed when young, liked the movie, etc.) or do you just grab statues that look good?

Personally I have been a action figure collector for years and have just decided to start thinning the collection and acquiring more statues. Seeing as the statues are much more expensive I decided to only go for pieces that are from the X Men comics. I have always been a huge X Men comics reader and felt a connection to the characters. This way I am not stretching my wallet and I have a theme going. It is hard not to want to grab the CC PF or the Skaar PF, but keeping in my theme makes it so the wife doesnt kill me.
Old Man Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Good luck keeping a theme! It's hard. Collections morph and change over time. Typically, I pick up star wars, but I'll pick up other stuff too, even if I'm not a die hard fan. As far as action figures go, I don't have nearly as much as I used to, but damned if they aren't making some very good looking ones these days!
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I buy statues of characters that I enjoy. I'm at the tail end of buying statues, so I'm focusing mostly on Hulk pieces. I've sold all my statues that aren't Hulk-related in one way or another; original art and commissions have taken the place of statues for me, for the most part. Easier to store/display, and the sky's the limit with 'em.

That being said, Hot Toys has their teeth in me. I've only bought one of their pieces so far, but I plan on buying a couple more very soon. I love Resident Evil, so I'm goin' that route, with an incoming Predator and either Batman or Captain America shortly after.

Themes are great. Yeah, when I was married, my wife had no say over my collection since her idea of a "weekend getaway" was a trip to France/etc. This hobby was significantly less expensive.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
Old Man Logan
U talkin' to me?

Keeping the theme IS hard for me. Since I was late to the game on Gambit (the grail pf for me) and I refuse to pay nearly 300% over retail. Add to that the disappointing release of Rogue and the beauty of some of the PFs from other properties.

I am going through a sell off of action figures, and (like someone else said) moving my collection to OA and statues.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
Vallos
Jubilee

I collect what I looks good.

1. Females are top priority in any genre. Hero, villain, or otherwise, female statues is my constant theme, particularly within the fantasy genre.

2. Demons/Beasts.

3. Males are always last on my list.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Logan View Post

I am going through a sell off of action figures, and (like someone else said) moving my collection to OA and statues.
We're not a minority on that transition on SF at all, bro.

Welcome to the Forum, by the way.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
firefly76
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Every piece in my collection is something i like. But if I can get something cheap and make xtra cash off it I will to get a better piece.

I also started off with a Predator theme and that went out the window fasssssssst.

So many old grails and not enough money to get them all
firefly76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
Old Man Logan
U talkin' to me?

@Argonus Sweet pages dude. That Hulk thunder clap with the X Men is badass. That is one sweet Infinity Gauntlet page as well.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Logan View Post
@Argonus Sweet pages dude. That Hulk thunder clap with the X Men is badass. That is one sweet Infinity Gauntlet page as well.
Thanks, bro!
Do you have a CAF page? Post a link and I'll go check it out.

Can't go wrong with a Thunderclap page; Kitty Pryde's a favorite character of mine also, and that's probably the only time those two have "fought" each other, so I HAD to have those pages.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #10
randy_marsh
I am da law!

Some of both, I find it hard to resist female/super-heroine ones that are well done.

The only one's I've bought that I didn't know much of at all are probably Aspen, Darth Talon and a couple others
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote