Youngblood

Whoa. Yeah that first head is better.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 08:51 PM   #72
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
I?m excited by the busts - love the matching bases and similar design language from bust to bust.

I do wonder why they are cheaper to produce vs their pricey 1/6th scale. Companies like pure arts can offer 1/6th scale at $300 - wonder why theirs are so much higher. Licensing?
Is Pure Arts using polystone though? I thought some of the 1/6 pieces they had were made with more of the resin material. Maybe that helps on the price?
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:08 PM   #73
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I can understand the concern, but some of that they brought upon themselves. I love the 1:6 scale. And I purchased all the ladies with the exception of Wonder Woman (both times) because of design choices by them.

The newest WW base is ridiculous.

Then they went and changed a damn near perfect Batman AFTER waiting 2 years to release it.

Aquaman and Two Face are great statues. Those characters were bound to be smaller edition sizes, so I understand needing the popular names to pay off to compensate for that.

I?m just not sure how the change from statue to bust helps. But I?m not the number cruncher.
Oh, they absolutely brought on a lot of it themselves. But, again, just blame everyone else and take no accountability. That's the name of the game these days.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:32 PM   #74
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Is Pure Arts using polystone though? I thought some of the 1/6 pieces they had were made with more of the resin material. Maybe that helps on the price?
They prefer to use polyresin over polystone on most (if not all) of their products, but I'm not sure what material is cheaper to produce.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:59 PM   #75
qz33
Baron Zemo

Polystone is a polyresin. Generic Polystone is pretty much as cheap as it can get.
https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...rloom-srp..0l5

https://yeye-magnet.com/poly、polystone、polyresin、resin/
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 03:06 AM   #76
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
The OG is terrifying. The new one looks like a goofball. Ninja Turtle head. Maybe DC said to make him less scary?
God alone knows. I heard Chad say in BSC's video that Clayface was Igo's first choice of Batman villains, and that he wanted to change it from the original interpretation to more animated inspired. For me, something is either 100% based on BTAS or not. There are no in-betweens that I like. The same reason I was not very appreciative of the SS BTAS 1/5 scale statues that came out some years ago. Anyways, my point is, when the rest (Riddler, Freeze, Bats, Supes, etc.) are all based on original works of art, it's kind of strange to have a BTAS inspired Clayface among them. Anywho, I will surely get CF and think about something.
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 11:29 AM   #77
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB&WSF View Post
God alone knows. I heard Chad say in BSC's video that Clayface was Igo's first choice of Batman villains, and that he wanted to change it from the original interpretation to more animated inspired. For me, something is either 100% based on BTAS or not. There are no in-betweens that I like. The same reason I was not very appreciative of the SS BTAS 1/5 scale statues that came out some years ago. Anyways, my point is, when the rest (Riddler, Freeze, Bats, Supes, etc.) are all based on original works of art, it's kind of strange to have a BTAS inspired Clayface among them. Anywho, I will surely get CF and think about something.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:46 AM   #78
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
It's also strange to do all of these busts based on the 80's and 90's, and then have Catwoman be based on her 1940's appearance.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 01:45 PM   #79
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It's also strange to do all of these busts based on the 80's and 90's, and then have Catwoman be based on her 1940's appearance.

Ah, yes! I forgot. Maybe TH have their own logic behind this (inconsistency).

For all we know, these busts could be a hit among collectors. I mean, I have seen nothing but praise for their concept art.
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 02:26 PM   #80
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Ah, yes! I forgot. Maybe TH have their own logic behind this (inconsistency).

For all we know, these busts could be a hit among collectors. I mean, I have seen nothing but praise for their concept art.
I agree that the concepts have looked good.

As to whether they will be a hit, I am not sure. As of now, that Superman piece (at an ES of 350) is STILL not sold out (and this is after the introduction of Doomsday and heavy recent promotion of the line). Maybe once the Batman pieces are produced, we'll see if the line gains traction.