Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #331
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Are any of those characters (besides John Stewart, who could easily be in JLA or a GL sequel) actually marketable in Hollywood though?
if Antman & Blade can get their own movies can you really count anybody out?
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #332
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Steel already has a movie.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #333
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
if Antman & Blade can get their own movies can you really count anybody out?
Hollywood is no stranger to shrinking films. Combine that with the potential Avengers tie in, and you have a no brainer. Blade didn't need to be based on a comic book. Hollywood knows audiences eat up vampire films. A day walking vampire who kicks ass with a sword and martial arts? Yes please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Steel already has a movie.
How could I forget Shaq's brief stint in Hollywood.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #334
MrYac
Hercules

that's not true, when Blade came out we weren't in total vampire mode like we have been these last few years. and what the hell do shrinking films have to do with anything, that's like saying there's no shortage of crime dramas so Detective Chimp should be next up for DC (which we all know what be the best damn movie they'd ever make)
Old 10-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #335
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
that's not true, when Blade came out we weren't in total vampire mode like we have been these last few years. and what the hell do shrinking films have to do with anything, that's like saying there's no shortage of crime dramas so Detective Chimp should be next up for DC (which we all know what be the best damn movie they'd ever make)
My point is that the shrinking concept has been done before and met with relative success (Gulliver's Travels, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, The Incredible Shrinking man). With the general popularity of superhero films and the HUGE popularity of Marvel/Avengers, the concept of an Avenger with shrinking as a power seems like something that can be easily marketable.

As for vampire films. Sure audiences weren't Twilight crazy when Blade first came out, but the vampire genre has been successful for decades. Twilight just brought in a new generation, albeit under misguided conceptions of the lore if you ask me.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #336
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

I believe most people don't know Blade is based on a comic book.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #337
MrYac
Hercules

so then we're all in agreement, next DC film Gritty Crime Drama starring Detective Chimp, done
Old 10-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #338
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
so then we're all in agreement, next DC film Gritty Crime Drama starring Detective Chimp, done
Is Detective Chimp in the Justice League? Last I checked Warner Bros. is very stingy about which DC characters can potentially get any screen time. So since he isn't Batman, Superman, Green Lantern or Wonder Woman, I don't think they're going to be taking your calls.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #339
MrYac
Hercules

but he knows Batman & Superman
Old 10-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #340
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Are any of those characters (besides John Stewart, who could easily be in JLA or a GL sequel) actually marketable in Hollywood though?
Brother when WB has a hard time marketing Wonder Woman and the Flash I have a hard time answering that question

I honestly echo the sentiments of some of the other posters who cite big budget films for Antman and even concepts like guardians of the galaxy as an indicator that nothing is off the table. Done well I think most of those characters, save Batwing, could be marketed in ensemble works at the very least.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote