Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #131
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
It'd be really weird to cast a white guy to play a character who is called BLACK Panther.
I know, right? I agree...just like it was weird to cast a black guy as a white character who's name means "whitest of the God's".

Alright. I've harped long enough about this. I just want the characters I love to be portrayed the way they were created....that is all.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #132
MrYac
Hercules

or Perry White being a black guy, that'd just be silly
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #133
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Yeah it would be weird having a white guy playing a character called black panther. And just as weird having a black guy playing a character who has been white for his entire exsitance.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #134
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
You haven't answered any questions. You've given your opinion, just like everyone else on here. You're no more more an authority on this subject than the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Non comic book fans movie goers have seen JS as a white man twice. They have never seen either Black Panter or Luke Cage on the big screen so they could easily be changed. There would be confusion if JStorm's race is changed. In many ways BP is a copy of Phantom.
Well said BE. Very good point.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #135
moon_knight1971
Rescue

This just in!!!

Angelina Jolie has been casted as Invisible Woman and Johnny Storm will be played by one of her newly adopted sons from Algeria :-)
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #136
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
or Perry White being a black guy, that'd just be silly
A minor character like this whose ethnicity is changed to facilitate a great actor playing them is no big deal IMHO. It is not like Perry is an iconic beloved character from who an architype was established; he is a manager and backdrop dressing who played a role to facilitate Clarks employment. If they killed of Perry would anyone be up in arms?

Totally apples and oranges. Heck I could even take a black Alfred or Asian Fox in Batman. Given American history a black Alfred and Pennyworth family that have served the Waynes for generations almost makes more sense.... Having said that a caucasian Batman, like JS, is the established architype and should stand.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #137
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
This just in!!!

Angelina Jolie has been casted as Invisible Woman and Johnny Storm will be played by one of her newly adopted sons from Algeria :-)
Old 10-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #138
DynamicMenace

well said Matches.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #139
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
A minor character like this whose ethnicity is changed to facilitate a great actor playing them is no big deal IMHO. It is not like Perry is an iconic beloved character from who an architype was established; he is a manager and backdrop dressing who played a role to facilitate Clarks employment. If they killed of Perry would anyone be up in arms?

Totally apples and oranges. Heck I could even take a black Alfred or Asian Fox in Batman. Given American history a black Alfred and Pennyworth family that have served the Waynes for generations almost makes more sense.... Having said that a caucasian Batman, like JS, is the established architype and should stand.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #140
SONICobra
Batman

nothing to do with race but I will not see this movie if the human torch is anything but a white guy just like I wouldn't see a black panther movie if he wasn't black. Hollywood needs to stop thinking they can do whatever they want with classic pop culture icons, just because they have the movie rights doesn't mean they can completely reimagine the character. if they want to do that, create an original screenplay with a character millions of people aren't familiar with
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote