Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-03-2024, 05:14 PM   #11
grphyx1
Kingpin

You really add some flavah to the forums. Your take may not always be in line with mine but it is always interesting and you stand by them.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 05:23 PM   #12
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
You really add some flavah to the forums. Your take may not always be in line with mine but it is always interesting and you stand by them.
Thank you, grphyx1. I know your older connection with Tweeterhead. You are a good guy and you have a rather good "eye".

Not on par with gz33, BurningRage, but you are getting better though.

I'm just kidding.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 05:28 PM   #13
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Click image for larger version

Name:	Best AI Tools2.png
Views:	4
Size:	773.6 KB
ID:	170308

FORPS new

Click image for larger version

Name:	Best AI Tools.png
Views:	2
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	170307

to replace GPT-3 / QuillBot / Anyword / Jasper..

But it slipped here.. GodPeterson hahaha..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 05:31 PM   #14
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
forps in the wilderness, realizing it's time to return...

Who is this forps you speak of ...
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 05:43 PM   #15
VintageDisney
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I agree with you on keeping mixed media. Sticking to their roots!
VintageDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 05:58 PM   #16
Lugnuts
Birdman

I don’t agree with a lot of what you say Forps, but for some damn reason I’m happy to see you here again lol. You really do make this place more interesting.

May the Forp be with us all.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 06:01 PM   #17
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
I don?t agree with a lot of what you say Forps, but for some damn reason I?m happy to see you here again lol. You really do make this place more interesting.

May the Forp be with us all.
Amen.

Old 05-03-2024, 06:10 PM   #18
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

The only thing that makes me nervous about Forps being back, is that I will be accused of using an alt account, lol.

I have never cared about 1/3, though you are right that 1/2 is a terrible scale. Its both too big and not big enough. It makes it look like you are collecting midget cosplayers. I never understood why they thought that scale would take off. Maybe for busts alone, but fullscale busts have a ton of presence, and maybe the scale can be more fluid with those and not matter as much. But for full sculpts, 1/3 is probably the sweet spot for largest size.

Its nice to have some real forum activity!
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 06:22 PM   #19
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
The only thing that makes me nervous about Forps being back, is that I will be accused of using an alt account, lol.

I have never cared about 1/3, though you are right that 1/2 is a terrible scale. Its both too big and not big enough. It makes it look like you are collecting midget cosplayers. I never understood why they thought that scale would take off. Maybe for busts alone, but fullscale busts have a ton of presence, and maybe the scale can be more fluid with those and not matter as much. But for full sculpts, 1/3 is probably the sweet spot for largest size.

Its nice to have some real forum activity!

It is not only that. It is also another thing.

1/2 scale is awkward cause it does not fit into a human's view at once. You need to look at it in 2 or 3 glimpses. This creates a strange feeling that many correlate with midget or something else.

Whereas 1/3 scale is more imposing than 1/4 scale (thus creating the illusion of a "better" sculpt to casuals and the whole Prime1 love) but at the same time it is more eye pleasing fitting in your vision.

Sideshow should concentrate on 1/4 (her bread and butter), 1/5 for selected only characters/themes and then 1/3 and 1/1.

1/2 should be scrapped, once and for all. 1/6 also cause it gets to figures territory.

Due to the demand being subdued, she should offer 3 or 4 at most 1/3 sculpts this year. Simply to let the market know that Sideshow is invested in this scale and also to attract collector's money from other companies

1/1 or LSBs are also a must for Sideshow cause they are "status" objects. Collectors should not correlate Sideshow only eg to Ford or GM. Sideshow also needs life sized items just for status purposes as a producer.

A Life size Bust of eg Lobo with a cigar and a smirk being sculpted by Ryan Peterson and with a SET edition size
(the biggest mistake Sideshow made with her latest LSB line, not setting an edition size and making them "limited editions") is going to sell like hot cakes @ 900-1000d.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:11 PM   #20
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Well we can certainly mop the floor with all that fabric that SSC still puts on the statues.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote