Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-07-2024, 07:31 PM   #241
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Who cares?
I've played LOTS of video games. Oh no! By making broad generalizations someone could be referring to me! NOOOOO!!! The injustice! Oh wait somehow, someway I'm not the least offended.

Starting to think so many are so bothered by what someone else says because they see themselves reflected in what is being said.
He was straight up being racist towards Asians, even though he probably doesn't realize it, while simultaneously insulting the things and culture I love. Who cares if you're not offended? Good for you I guess? What a dumb response.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 08:22 PM   #242
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Starting to think so many are so bothered by what someone else says because they see themselves reflected in what is being said.
Nah, I'm just not big on folks with delusions of grandeur.

It's one thing to be passionate. It's even fun to be spicy with it. But it's another thing to condescend and throw around gold stars as if you're an authority on the often subjective arena of art. If Forpsy wants a certain outcome, he ought to direct his criticisms at the companies, not at fellow collectors for liking what they like.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 08:39 PM   #243
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonylin View Post
He was straight up being racist towards Asians, even though he probably doesn't realize it, while simultaneously insulting the things and culture I love. Who cares if you're not offended? Good for you I guess? What a dumb response.
Yeah maybe he doesn't realize it... cause I don't either?

You've come to post for the 1st time in a thread that the OP hasn't even posted in for over 8 months.

By your statements you imply you have not read this thread before today which leads to the conclusion that something recent brought you here, this thread started by someone with views you already knew you didn't agree with.

I'm just not really sure why you bothered. By the insinuation of racism I can only suppose either to try to silence the OP, or to offer some futile rebuttal by exception against the OP's stereotypical generalizations on media consumption to which you take offense.

So right who cares if I'm not offended, and who cares if you are?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 09:40 PM   #244
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonylin View Post
Just ignore qz33. He’s forps number one fanboy but even more rude and disrespectful. He’s just baiting you into a toxic conversation. Ignore him.
Forps is classic insecure and probably gets ignored in his life. Don’t feed the troll.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 11:21 PM   #245
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Yeah maybe he doesn't realize it... cause I don't either?

You've come to post for the 1st time in a thread that the OP hasn't even posted in for over 8 months.

By your statements you imply you have not read this thread before today which leads to the conclusion that something recent brought you here, this thread started by someone with views you already knew you didn't agree with.

I'm just not really sure why you bothered. By the insinuation of racism I can only suppose either to try to silence the OP, or to offer some futile rebuttal by exception against the OP's stereotypical generalizations on media consumption to which you take offense.

So right who cares if I'm not offended, and who cares if you are?
Most people who make racist remarks don't realize what they said was racist, especially if they're not in the community the remark is directed towards. Unless you're Asian yourself, you have no right to tell me it's not racist.

I only stumbled upon this thread because I was searching for "Figurama" to see if anyone had been talking about the recent controversy about Figurama not paying for shipping services and this thread showed up. The title of the thread intrigued me so I clicked on it. I had no idea who Forps was so of course I had no idea about the trash takes I was about to read.

This is a FORUM for crying out loud. It literally exists for the sole purpose of creating a space for people to voice their opinions. In this space, using "who cares" to try to invalidate someone else's opinions is dumb as hell because you obviously cared enough to voice your own counter opinion. And dude, just doing the quick math in my head, you average over 125 posts PER MONTH for over 10 years on this forum. You obviously care a lot about what is said here if you're posting that much, including trying to shut down others in this thread whom I share views with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Just ignore qz33. He?s forps number one fanboy but even more rude and disrespectful. He?s just baiting you into a toxic conversation. Ignore him.
Forps is classic insecure and probably gets ignored in his life. Don?t feed the troll.
Thanks for the heads up. I really don't frequent this forum much outside of the statue-specific threads that I'm subscribed to so I don't know a lot of these users. I won't be engaging with either of them again after this post.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 01:19 AM   #246
KiDD
Mephisto

Quote:
Who cares?
I've played LOTS of video games. Oh no! By making broad generalizations someone could be referring to me! NOOOOO!!! The injustice! Oh wait somehow, someway I'm not the least offended.

And what validation do you get for going around the forum white knighting Forps? Everyone can tell he's a broken record with his generalisations but he still presents them like he's being objective.

That being said I agree with Jonylin. It's a forum about what 99% of the populus would consider children's toys for crying out loud, you can defend your opinions all you like but you should still be open up for further discussion (unlike forpskin who blames every poster not sharing his opinions for derailing his precious threads).
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 08:15 AM   #247
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Just ignore qz33. He?s forps number one fanboy but even more rude and disrespectful. He?s just baiting you into a toxic conversation. Ignore him.
Forps is classic insecure and probably gets ignored in his life. Don?t feed the troll.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 09:24 AM   #248
Exorcist
The X-Men

Talking

The funny thing is that Forbs speaks exactly the same way in real life ‘Youtube & Facebook for instance’ as he types away his gibberish on this forum
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote