Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #561
Siona
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Rim View Post
Someone at the China factory must have been drunk while assembling mine.

I can't help but that remind of

I'm sorry for you guys, as myself a big fan of Dead space I was happy to see this statue but I had to wait the production first and now I wouldn't want to buy it if it's to get something with all those possible issues (plus the paint that isn't good for me).
It's too bad because it's a gorgeous statue (on proto) and I would be so happy to have it but I won't continue to give money at Sideshow with this kind of result.

I'll wait the Koto even if it's from DS3 and maybe they will release one from the first game one day.
Siona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #562
dao2
Cyclops

Your health bar looks a lot better then the others, and the visor BD looks better, I actually see a couple none streaks

What the hell is with the squiggly line on the side of his helmet o_0 I guess it's supposed to to be damage looks more like a tattoo or silly string.

dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #563
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Can you smell what the Clarke is cookin'?

Nice Siona, lol
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #564
Kadmos777
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Your health bar looks a lot better then the others, and the visor BD looks better, I actually see a couple none streaks

What the hell is with the squiggly line on the side of his helmet o_0 I guess it's supposed to to be damage looks more like a tattoo or silly string.

From the first pics I couldn't help it. This squiggly line reminds me this:

Kadmos777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #565
Vracula
Jedi Order

very cool!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #566
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos777 View Post
And last the disappointing part...oh well!
I have absolutely no problem with the quality of the above stasis and health bars.
Ohrai_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #567
dao2
Cyclops

The stasis is a bit messy from what I can tell (fuzzy pictures) but yeah the health bar is pretty good. Although it doesn't seem to be the norm.
And I believe the disappointing part that he is referring to is that it's not light up.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #568
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Oh haha, that would make sense too
Old 10-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #569
dao2
Cyclops

Well got mine in... and sort of a mixed bag. The necromorph and the bottom I thought that was well done (although based on other people's pictures I figured it would be). The armor and damage on the armor for mine is pretty good.

The Health Meter: When you start looking at it, it looks good. When you get to the bottom, it's bad. Very messy on the bottom of it. The head damage marks looks as bad as all the others, with the added bonus of the 3 bottom visor plates being skewed a bit so it's not inline with the rest of the helmet.

So overall it ended up being better than I expected, but still the head and life meter (especially the head) leave it as an overally disappointment.

Probable video coming in the future if not pics.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #570
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Just opened mine up and displayed it and I have to say its absolutely spectacular. I have it next to my Kratos and it more than holds its own on the shelf.

The drawbacks:

Guns, spine piece, and necromorph are made of a lighter weight plastic. The whole back panel on mine will move when touched. It looks fine though.

I also have the joker smile visor. The position of the statue and having the piece lit up more than cover this up though.

The electrical connection comes out of Isaac's left foot and the male AC connection piece coming out of the bottom of his foot was wobbly and seemingly cheap. It takes a little effort to get the piece on properly but thanks to the advice of one of the previous posters I was prepared and it took only about 3-4 tries.

Overall:

If I'm judging this statue on its own merits and not just on whether or not I would have liked additional lighting I'd say its at least an A-, if not solid A. It really dominates my display cabinet and just demands attention. I have a couch about 6 feet back and from that distance I keep saying to myself "I could not ask for more".

This is the perfect Halloween gift and I'm really sorry to those of you that had more significant problems.

In the sense that many posters had unacceptable flaws to their pieces, I am disappointed in the company. Judging from my intact piece, Sideshow absolutely nailed it (except for the 1 foot in 1 foot out approach to lighting) and its good enough for me to pre order Master Chief and Commander Shep.