Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-05-2024, 01:54 AM   #51
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don't know all the details, but my understanding is that preorders for a few of the 1/6 pieces were shockingly low.
I bet the last Batman was one of those. It took them 2 years to make something that was meh at best. The first design was so much better. The bust looks cool though. I plan on getting it.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 02:03 AM   #52
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don't know all the details, but my understanding is that preorders for a few of the 1/6 pieces were shockingly low.
I know Chad and Igo said that they were surprised that Aquaman did not have more orders (I was surprised about that since it is an incredible statue). I would think that the Joker and Harley Quinn were good but I do wonder about John Stewart and The Flash.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 02:25 AM   #53
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizzy726 View Post
Seems like a lose/lose for TH. People say they want the 1/6s, but if the numbers aren?t there then they can?t sustain that. They try something new and then people complain that they?re not 1/6. I mean, I think a big part of it is they should just do small, simple bases. Chad complained based are hard to design, so don?t. Give us good characters with simple bases, keep the costs down and people will order. I for one am excited for these busts. I?ll have no problem mixing these with my 1/6 to create cool displays.
Like Two Face.

But I guess we will start complaining about the bases then.

I have TH Harley 1/4, my favourite Harley in classic costume. Really like the Joker and wanted to get him as well, but I just couldn't convince myself spending $1265 on a 1/4. I believe the price would have been lesser if that base was not that elaborate.

BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 08:55 AM   #54
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I bet the last Batman was one of those. It took them 2 years to make something that was meh at best. The first design was so much better. The bust looks cool though. I plan on getting it.
There was a picture of the trinity teased in 2021 (according to the first post on the Wonder Woman thread). So 3 years just for the trinity to release. And I do need that Batman to finish the line but I have not preordered it because the butchered the pose (seriously, what moron designed Batman to be on his toes?). I?ll probable get it when it?s on sale.

I do think the bust looks great, I?ll definitely find room for that.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:10 AM   #55
Forps is back
The Avengers

The problem with Tweeterhead's DC line is that it is OUTDATED. Its sculpts are 2005 sculpts, not suited for today's era of SUPER-REALISM and SUPER-DETAILED sculpts.

If Tweeterhead asked the correct people (eg Forps, lol) and not random Tubers with 0 actual knowledge of the real economy, of the market, of market demographics, of a "nose" to "smell" what is going to sell and what not, Tweeterhead would save a lot of money and also recourses.

Nevertheless, it was a good lesson for Chad.

NEVER RELY ON TUBERS.

Not only for feedback but also on promotion.

They influence NOONE. Check their latest REGULAR (non-Shorts) videos.

They have TOPS 2k views and im generous here (they struggle to get over 1k views, for God;s sake).Their TRUE influence on this hobby and seasoned collectors is ZERO.

This was the root cause of the TANTRUM, guys. The realization that he has ZERO power over the community and its views/subscribers stem from Shorts with guys just subscribing for fun 20sec videos.

This was the root cause of the RANT.

Lesson learned for Tweeterhead. Get away from Tubers and take business decisions after speaking with professionals and after exploring the market with real data.

If Tweeterhead insists on using Tubers, then its her own fault.

The community has spoken as you all see above.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:17 AM   #56
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
A friend just linked me to that rant video. I rolled my eyes so hard... shut it off after about 2 1/2 minutes. I don't need this Chrisplained to me. I know how the world, statue manufacturers, and frankly, capitalism, works. The core of his rant is basically we should be happy that any company makes anything (assuming it's done well, of course, goes without saying). Take what we can get, and like it, regardless of whether we want it or it looks good in our collection. Maybe some of us are just pissed that we won't get what we hoped for. I was the biggest defender of the 2.0 line after SP got dropped. Guess what, now I'm in their boat, while the 1/3 bust ship sails off without us I get it, it's not always TH's fault if sales suck (1/6 Aquaman should have been a hit, and it just wasn't). Sometime it arguably is their fault (tippy toes Batman - that I PO'ed anyway!). But that doesn't mean I'm going to be happy about it. And if I can't lament about it in groups of like minded people, WTF are these places for.

Thanks for the reminder of why I never watch his videos LOL.
I love Chris and will watch all his videos, but that one pissed me off lol. ?Be happy, stop complaining, boo-hoo?
The whole time I?m thinking to myself, what should I do with my 2.0 1/6 statues, throw them away and go all in on a new line, just to please the owner of tweeterhead? It?s just so condescending to tell people how to feel.

But at the same time, i get it. Tweeterhead is a business and if the 1/6 line was fizzling out, they needed to move on and try something new. But i just roll my eyes when the people on rogues gallery live stream orgasmed at every reveal and that chad would go deeeeep into this line, and Chris was saying people have been asking for these statues for years and I think to myself ?I?m pretty sure people have been asking for full statues, not busts in a scale that doesn?t match any other Tweeterhead statue??

But I say that, and I?ll still get batman and Wonder Woman, and I have Superman on order, because I love those characters. I?m not digging at anyone who wants these busts, I do think they look great, but most of us here wanted more 1/6 and 1/4, and we can be unhappy that we are being left in the dust. I would love the Teen Titans in 1/6 scale, but if the only option is a 1/3 bust, I?ll have to pass.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:45 AM   #57
Mister H
Youngblood

If they do actually release Batman and Freeze (three years from now) it would be cool to have that Two-Face they did in bust form. I like the tragic Bat-villains. That might be hoping for too much though. Look at all the lines that have been started and fizzled out. TH does great work but they seem to have bad luck.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 10:55 AM   #58
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
I love Chris and will watch all his videos, but that one pissed me off lol. ?Be happy, stop complaining, boo-hoo?
The whole time I?m thinking to myself, what should I do with my 2.0 1/6 statues, throw them away and go all in on a new line, just to please the owner of tweeterhead? It?s just so condescending to tell people how to feel.

But at the same time, i get it. Tweeterhead is a business and if the 1/6 line was fizzling out, they needed to move on and try something new. But i just roll my eyes when the people on rogues gallery live stream orgasmed at every reveal and that chad would go deeeeep into this line, and Chris was saying people have been asking for these statues for years and I think to myself ?I?m pretty sure people have been asking for full statues, not busts in a scale that doesn?t match any other Tweeterhead statue??

But I say that, and I?ll still get batman and Wonder Woman, and I have Superman on order, because I love those characters. I?m not digging at anyone who wants these busts, I do think they look great, but most of us here wanted more 1/6 and 1/4, and we can be unhappy that we are being left in the dust. I would love the Teen Titans in 1/6 scale, but if the only option is a 1/3 bust, I?ll have to pass.

The problem is that neither this 1/3 bust line can sustain the company in the long run. Apart from 3-4 offerings, other ones (eg Clayface) are not going to produce enough sales to keep the lights on.

What was Tweeterhead thinking when listening to Tubers? Tweeterhead saw that Sideshow's 3 1/3 busts (Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman) were a success but 1) they were excellent sculpts (WW is probably the best WW face sculpt ever), 2) they were realistic (whereas Tweeterhead is known for her simplistic DC sculpts) and 3) they were the 3 heavy hitters. Sideshow stopped there cause the market is not there to sell eg 20 characters and sell 350 pieces each.

MoU has lost steam going to more obscure characters and you can't produce Skeletor and He-Man no3, no4 etc. MoU collectors who wanted a Skeletor or He-Man has already gotten one. Thundercats has not such a deep pool of wealthy collectors to go over 3-4 characters deep.

Internal meetings should be held, feedback from professionals should be asked, connections with Tubers should be strictly informative and ofc NO decision should be made by what a random Tuber says.

Tweeterhead must find a "niche". It is urgent. 2024's Sideshow is not kidding and the market is extremely saturated. All companies are having problems, old collectors are space-constraint, new collectors do not have money, inflation hurts, shipping hurts, competition is fierce.

Decisions are not easy.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:17 PM   #59
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Anyone catch The Batman Statue Collectors video coming to defend his best friends @ Tweeterhead? He literally damns the statue community and simultaneously encourages everyone to go and buy up the Superman and pre order all the busts asap. Mind you the guy gets free product(s) and regularly has the Tweeterhead staff on his shows. So much for an unbiased opinion on the matter. He probably has stock in the company at this point.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 01:24 PM   #60
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Does anyone ever care about Busts other than lifesize? Sure someone may have 2-3 as one offs but for the most part small scaled busts are plain undesirable.
Many people detest even lifesize busts because "they're just part of a whole statue" especially those that have never seen lifesize busts in person.
Few care about busts at all and there is VERY little passion in this hobby for non-lifesize busts.
Yeah...not true. Plenty of interest in Bowen scale busts. 1/3 is an odd scale...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote